For Sprint Touch Pro owners - insurance upgrade to TP2, Pre, BB Tour, Hero, whatever - YMMV

Before the long post Yes i do have insurance i pay the full $7 a month....

I told them my situation from a previous store (56th and Lexington), and that i had gone through 11 defective units (no lie I really did), and that no one atthe 56th street store wanted to help me get into the unit of my choice being the TP2 he looked thru my account notes and saw the activity backing up my claimsthat i was eligible for an advanced upgrade

So the tech wrote an e-mail to the SAR (Regional Mgr), and he approved it, but after that the SAR stopped responding to e-mails and calls when it came toacquiring my phone and having it sent to the store.

so i gave up on getting the phone thru the SAR so patiently i kept going back whenever my phone had problems (pretty much once a week), and after the 3rd unitthey issued me i told them that if they didn't get me a TP2 as i was told that i would be terminating my contract and i didn't care if i had to pay theETF cuz I was fed up w/ the shotty customer service

so my phone happened to start buggin out again so i called the store and i asked them if they could check to see if the TP2 was available for replacement, andfor the first time ever it was...he ordered it and it came w/ the battery, plug-in and USB cable w/ holster he told me i lucked out w/ the holster itdoesn't always come w/ the phone

i don't think there'll be much hassle to get it anymore, i think they just had really scarce supply of replacement TP2's

when you run that fix...isnt that going to lose your text messages you already have because you will now have to go and find them...?

nope my old messages were there and had the same 2016 date, but i didn't have to worry about old msgs since i just got the phone last nite i only had 1 txtin the Touch Pro 2...but once you run the fix any txt msgs after that will be dated correctly i've been txting away, and it works just fine I'm gonnaload a Mighty Rom tonite running WinMo 6.5 and run the fix again just in case it doesn't correct itself

I have had my TP2 for a few weeks now. I was in the Sprint Store with someone else and my TP started acting up. I showed them and since I had previouslyreturned 5 other TPs, they ordered my TP2 through the insurance right then. It came 2 days later. I've been happy and playing with ROMs ever since
smile.gif

Really now. My Touch Pro keyboard stopped working and I went into the store to have it fixed or replaced. They couldn't fix it so the offered me the TreoPro, the Cliq, or another Touch Pro. They wouldn't give me one from the store though, they ended up ordering one (Touch Pro) and having it sent to myhouse, because I refused to drive another 16 miles to pick up the phone. I even mentioned that I'd rather have a touch Pro 2 as opposed to downgrading toany other phone. And the rep. told me that those were the only phones they will offer me. Looks like it's time to call retention.

You know what sucks for me... I have the $30 SERO plan so I can't even use the retention line on them because they want to get rid of people with the oldSERO plan so I'm stuck with a TP until who know's what.

I also can't upgrade my phone and start over another 2 year contract and get a newer or better phone unless I upgrade my plan to the $60 one.

I'm going to stay with this plan for as long as they allow me to even if I get another phone from a different carrier so I can just have an extra line.

Yeah i went thru the same thing for the past 6 months now i guess since they phased it out they can't offer it as a replacement anymore so it works out toour benefit should be cake getting one now give it a shot

Today, my TP won't turn on. It's been happening alot recently and I've reset to turn it back on. This time it looks like it's not going tocooperate. I went to the Sprint store so they can fix it and they told me there's physical damage and they won't touch it.
indifferent.gif
. It has NOTHING to dowith the phone not working, now they want to only give me the option of paying $100 and getting it replaced (most likely the same TP) or upgrading becauseI'm eligible. I don't want to do either, I want it replaced and not pay anything. Isn't that what insurance is for? Someone give me some insight onwhat I need to do..

Can we try this over the phone? I have like no time to make it out to a store right now.

WORKED

JUST GOT A BRAND NEW IB TOUCH PRO 2

Went in and told them Ive been having problems.... Guy in the front checked it out, It was rush hour so dude just said "Pick any phone in the store"

Said "Touch Pro 2 please" dude said "OK" come back in 2 days and you should have it

Went back.... and picked it up today.

*before this I had gone to another Sprint store and they would always just tell me to come back for the fix. I visited the same store that was staling about 4 times and no help they just told me they would repair the phone with no exchange. I had patience every time (I have SERO) so I just kept on keeoing it cool, Every time I complained it went into the system. Now with all the complaints in the system I went to another Sprint repair center and they exchanged it with no problem. I have premium insurance (liquid damage, dropped etc)

Good lukc to everyone PM if you live in LA. Thanks to IT'S THAT DUDE for the location

I'm on the phone with Sprint right now changing my insurance from the $4 one to the T.E.P. $7 one. The rep said I had to wait 24 hrs for it to.................

scratch that, I have to go into the Sprint store & have them change the insurance details. SMH, I hope this works.

I just went on the Asurion website to file a claim for my TP and the replacement option the gave was the TP2. So I went ahead with it. Hopefully it comes with everything like m 1st replacement TP. Good luck to all who try and upgrade instore or online.

My NIB TP2 arrived around 2pm.

I went through Asurion, paid the 100.00. Gonna send back this TP and sell the extra stuff( 2 holsters, 2 batteries, 2 chargers, 4 styli). Goodluck to all tryna upgrade on the cheap.

Idk when my TP had a crack on the side by the volume, the Sprint reps. in store wouldn't touch it. They said in order to fix instore I'd have to pay 120.00 and my other option was claim it damaged through Asurion. I know on my second TP the rep instore ordered a replacement for me and I didnt have to pay.But at the time all they offered as a replacement was the HTC SNAP, TREO PRO, AND TP1. Im reading on PPCGeeks that there are stores straight up replacing TP with TP2s.

Back
Top Bottom