For those of you that are fans of different teams around the country...

Florida State Football- I just started watching CF when he was playing and we won it that year too. So I became a fan
Celtics-My dad brought me up on them so I have always liked them.

So u have to be a fan of your local teams? Why? and who made this rule?
Did u grow up witout cable TV?

And just what is the fandom rule for a person with two teams in their state/city?

U have to root for the team u live closest to?

What happens when u move?
Is a guy from delaware allowed to root for New England Patriots even if he lives closer to Philadelphia?

If a guy lives in Manhattan does he have to root for manhattan college basketball instead of st johns basketball?

If there's no pro team in your city, do u have to root for the team closest to your city?

if U live in Jacksonville, do u have to root for Atlanta Braves since its closer than the Rays and Marlins?

What if u have friends/family who play for a team outside of ur city?

Let me know the rules, please.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I get enough !$@@ from my cousins back when I go back home to NY.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Had to turn my cell off after SB 42...
sick.gif
frown.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I figure that most people around my age always liked the 49ers or Cowboys because they were the dominate team growing up and got the most publicity. I'malmost willing to say that is a fact. That's the only explanation for all the Cowboys and Niner fans outside of California and Texas.

I did read it.
And u said u don't understand how it could be.

So u tell me, what are your universal acceptable fandom rules.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I did read it.
And u said u don't understand how it could be.

So u tell me, what are your universal acceptable fandom rules.
Originally Posted by JPZx

Do I sound mad or something? If you have a logical reason for being a fan of that team then great, all the power to you. If you become a fan of a team because they're having success at a certain point of time (bandwagon fan), then yes I've lost all respect for you as a sports fan.
If you HAD read what I wrote, you would've seen that I said if you have a logical reason to like the team you're a fan of then that'sgreat. If you become a fan of a team because they're having success at that certain point in time then THAT'S where I have a problem.

i get into it with them idiots at work over the same !@@*. they preach that LA pride crap and how could i be a bulls and cowboys fan. easy michael jordan isthe GOAT and LA had no football team

I'm purely a NY tri-state area fan when it comes to sports teams. Knicks, Yankees, Jets, Rangers, Redbulls. But I support the other teams from the areawhen my teams are out of it. But i def follow and watch teams that some of my favorite players are on. Like I'm a Celtics fan and was a Wolves fan beforethat because KG is and was my fav player. I follow the Nuggets because of Melo.

I'm not what you call some of those hardcore fans that start fights over BS. I really hate going to MA and dealing with Red Sox fans for just that reason.From my experience they are obnoxious, dumb, and have nothing else to talk about but their team. It's like their lives revolve around how the Red Sox do.

My Grandmother (DC Native) has always hated the ******** because of their reluctance to integrate soshe became a Cowboys fan, I was born into it.
pimp.gif

You straight up called CP out! That is %!$#+%+ awesome! Dude is from Portland also...

I think it's fine that fans root for different teams I just think thatsome people ? the reason why you like your teams, especially if they are on the Topof there respective sport. I for one would always ? how someone could be Lakers fan, Pats fan, and Yankees fan

b4u81c.jpg
pimp.gif

Let me just start by saying that I'm not really that big of a fan of any of these teams anymore (except for Texas A&M). I'm just more of a casualfan now, and follow leagues more than I do single teams.

I started liking these teams because my favorite players played for them at the time that I started to seriously watch sports. Growing up, I would try to modelmy game after those players. Because of that, I watched a lot of Angels games (Vlad), and Rockets games (and Magic games for that matter...T-Mac). I'm notreally sure how I became a Louisville fan, but it just happened that way. Cowboys are the hometown team, and the only hometown team that is my favorite intheir sport. I go to A&M, and have attended damn near every home game in football, basketball, and baseball home games since I've been here, so I havequite a bit invested in the program.

And besides, my teams have a total of 1 championship since the year 2000. I love the teams that are on the top of their sport
grin.gif

Born and raised in New York. Fan of the Yankees and Giants...became a Dallas Mavericks fan when Nash n Dirk first got there, back when both had short hair andthe hold jerseys with the cowboy hats...then the new jerseys and close to ship =[...i even grew my hair long in middle school cause of Steve Nash...smh...imiss my hair...++!+%++ Nash cut his too...

Nets & Mets are the locals who are my teams.

I grew up watching the Nets at a young age, always caught them on TV & got interested in the team & sport. Just never stopped suppprting them since.

The Mets, mostly everyone was a Yankee fan in my family, so (at a young age again) I just wanted to go against them all
laugh.gif
Syuck with them ever since.

Tarheels & Cowboys are the farther away teams I support. UNC basketball because VC went there. Dallas Cowboys because when I was young that was the onlyfootball watched that I got exposed to. Been supporting them since.

Raiders - I always picked them on Tecmo Bowl when I was a youngster
pimp.gif

Spurs - I thought David Robinson was related to me since him and my dad had the same last name
laugh.gif

and it didn't hurt that they wear my favorite color

Legit question OP, I often wonder how many NTers got the teams they got. CP - you know I'm talking about you
laugh.gif

Cardinals, Rams, Blues - self explanatory. Will be fans of my hometown teams until the day I day.

NCAA - Mizzou - I obviously live in Missouri but my Pops is an alum of Mizzou and I attend their sister school.
NBA - Suns - Since STL doesn't have a basketball team, I had to step outside the box. My favorite player when I was little was Sir Charles
pimp.gif
andtherefore my favorite team is the Suns. 1993 Finals - SMH.

I grew up in the Seattle area, but from an early age my dad (who was from Minnesota) brainwashed to like Minnesota teams. One of my earliest memories is when Ibecame A Minnesota fan. I was born in California so my mom had bought me an Oakland A's shirt. I walked into the living room with it on and my dad said"What the hell are you wearing?" He marched off to his room and came back with a Twins shirt and since then I was hooked.

The teams I root for that aren't located in Washington are the Rockets and Mavs because:

a) My favorite team was stolen, moved to OKC, and renamed the Thunder.
b) T-mac and Dirk have been my favorite players for a while now. My dude Mac has been declining rapidly though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lu cash

Just let them live, does it really bother you that much? I'm from Miami and I root for all Miami teams, I honestly don't care about the bandwagon fans down here, I just worry about me and my teams.
Do I sound mad or something? If you have a logical reason for being a fan of that team then great, all the power to you. If you become a fan of a team because they're having success at a certain point of time (bandwagon fan), then yes I've lost all respect for you as a sports fan.
I think that's a bit much to call these kinda fans bandwagoners; people usually become fans at some point because they see the success theteam is having. Now if the team is doing poorly and they are no longer fans, then ok, I got a problem with that.

I grew up in NW Indiana and am a fan of the Bears, Bulls, and Cubs because I grew up watching them. However, I also liked how the Raiders played back then anddeveloped a liking for them. It has continued into my adult life, but I am far more up to speed on the Chicago teams even though I now live in SW Indiana.

When I first moved to Evansville, I discovered that there are lots of St. Louis Rams fans here. At first I found that strange, but then I realized we are justas far from St. Louis as we are from Indy. Throw in the fact that the Cardinals are the closest MLB team and I see where some people would say, "I grew upwatching the Cardinals and Rams, so they are my teams." They show both the Rams and Colts on t.v. here, so it is easy to keep up with either team. Also,this is Don Mattingly's home town and there are a lot of Yankees fans here because of him.

As for college teams, maybe some people root for the school they attended. I know people who live here and cheer for Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and OhioState because they got their degrees there. If I ever move to a different state I am still going to be a Purdue fan because I went there.

Like someone said in a previous post, it is very easy these days to keep up with any team in the country due to all the ESPN channels and the various PrimeTicket-type deals you can get to watch virtually every game from every team in the country. I do think, however, there are lots of front runner fans in theworld that lead to my seeing people wearing Celtics, Gators, Colts, etc... gear. My mom lives near Nashville and I saw a lot more Titans paraphernalia thisyear than ever before.

I hope Ska comes in here and breaks down his sig line. I remember him explaining it all in a thread some time agoand it all makes perfect sense when he lays it out.

born and raised in portland, OR
never was a blazer or sonics fan... i was a mj fan..
ive been a heat fan since d wade got drafted

If you become a fan of a team because they're having success at a certain point of time (bandwagon fan), then yes I've lost all respect for you as a sports fan.
But...(and I know you addressed this)...weren't you gonna be a Knicks fan for their presumably futuresuccess?

So they would have had success at a certain point in time...in the future, assuming LeBron went there.

You admitted yourself it would have been jumping on the bandwagon. So I don't see how someone who was that close to doing that can say you lose respect forthose who go through with it...you were like 90% there.
laugh.gif

Just my .02 cents, not trying to call you out or anything.
Originally Posted by Biggie62

I really hate going to MA and dealing with Red Sox fans for just that reason. From my experience they are obnoxious, dumb, and have nothing else to talk about but their team. It's like their lives revolve around how the Red Sox do.
Tell me about it...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

There's the good dudes like JD and DeadsetAce, but plenty of douche Red Sox fans are all over this state.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom