For those of you that are fans of different teams around the country...

Bulls- Loved MJ as a kid, still have a bunch of his memorabilia in my room
Eagles- my first ever football game that i watched, the eagles were playing and i just stuck with the team
UNC basketball- always loved watching them play, especially against Duke

All of my teams except the Cal Bears, I picked when I was in 4,5,6th grade. I really can't explain other than they were on TV while I was watching and Iliked their jerseys. I guess its the combo of the first team I watched on TV + their jerseys. I like Cal because I go there.

im from baltimore and im a big san antonio spurs fans only because of there big 3 (the big fundamental, tony, and ginobli)
pimp.gif
and plus we dont have a bball team in baltimore!

I've been a knicks fan since I was young but i also use to be a fan of the orlando magic in the '90s
nerd.gif
and the late 90's and early 00's Lakers (not the championship teams, Istarted to not like them for some reason)
93-94_300_shaq.jpg
anfernee-hardaway-in-orlando1.jpg
Dennis_Scott.jpg
magic_anderson_88.jpg
libphoto_1201485809.jpg
72465654.jpg

1792788.jpg
236491.jpg
72378976.jpg
kobeandshaq_580x435.jpg

nerd.gif

i'm a pure knicks fan now

I'm not gonna comment on the other teams in the other sports since it's always been them (yankees since '96, Giants since '00 )

As long as their loyal and dont switch up when someone gets traded or the team starts sucking

laugh.gif

Got my mugshot and sh*^ all up in the first post.
laugh.gif

It's very simple imo of how people pick up their teams. Who has a mind of their own. Period.

These fools up here in Portland Oregon are ******s through and through. Homers to the stupid degree.

I love the Seahawks. I love the Blazers. I love the Mariners. I hate the Sonics.

*schreeching sound*.........

Hold up, why you hate the Sonics? Oh, because you only can like the local teams, and since Oregon is too stupid to have an NFL team and a MLB team, you justpick the closest one you can find on a map. But since the Blazers are in town, then ya'll hate the Sonics even though they play in the exact same city asyour favorite baseball and football team. Wow, how ironic of you.

As Gunna said, what happens when you move from Portland to say.......St. Louis? Are you now a Rams fan, or do you stick with the Seahawks?
Cardinals/Mariners?

And there it is. To me, it comes down to pick a team, and that team is yours until you die. Done deal, that's it.
These phonies that talk about root for the home team and all that, unless you have a team in your city, then it's all BS. Minnesota is a fine example.
You got the Wolves, the Twins, and the Vikes. Ok, you wanna root for all 3 teams, I'm totally fine with that.
But if you pickin and choosin which teams you like based on distance to the arena as long as it "makes sense to you", then you're a clown.

So again, I will type it out yet again.

I am from LA as a small child. My father was a huge Laker fan, he taught me to put the game on tv, but turn the volume down and listen to Chick Hearn on theradio. Been a Laker ever since.
I also grew up watching the Cubs on WGN and following Ryne Sandberg, the Hawk, Mark Grace, Greg Maddux, etc etc. NOTHING beat watching baseball at 11:00 AMduring the summer on a Tuesday. And FYI, we sucked in the 80's, and I still loved them.
Dolphins. My parents divorced, we moved more northern in Cali. I think I was 7, or 8. I needed an NFL team to root for. I started watching Dan Marino. Then one day I found this old Dolphins hat. It was the kind of style like the Pirates 70's hats, with the 3 lines that go all the way around the hat. Itwas pretty cool, there you go, I became a Dolphin fan, now it's my blood.
So now I have those 3 teams, and I start to watch college football. Again, this is back before the net, and all the ESPN deals and all that, but every singleweek the Canes are on. And they play the badest of the bad. One week it's Notre Dame, the next Oklahoma, the next Florida St. They were huge games everyweek and always on TV. They played hard, and they got dirty out there. Boom, fan for life.

Now I live in hell Oregon. And sports are stupid around here because they only listen to themselves out here. They don't know nothin about sports outsidethe northwest. They think that the rest of the country is the ones missing out. They think they are the center of the sports universe. It sucks. Iwouldn't wish this crap on any of you guys around the globe. (well, maybe S4L
laugh.gif
)

So anyway, my sig is who I am. Those are my teams, it will never change. I don't care where I live. Those are my teams. Til I die.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blah blah blah

No one cares about what I have to say

Blah blah blah

I'm still typing this long @%$ $*$+ that no one is going to read

Blabber blabber

The end, I suck

Fixed.

Dad had me watching sports when I was real young and I hated him so every team he liked I started to like their rivals.

So he was a Rangers fan I started watching the Devils, he's a Giants fan I rooted for the Cowboys, Bulls I was Knicks. Yankees was one of those we bothliked...I stick with SJU because I go there.

If that explanation isn't good enough go jump off a roof.

I went to the grocery store as a kid with my parents one day and as we were about to leave I got a toy out of the 25 cent machines near the exit. It ended upbeing one of those cheap little NFL helmets that you put together and it was the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ever since then, they've been my team lol.

The first year my dad taught me what basketball was on the playground, I started watching the NBA too and my favorite player became Hakeem Olajuwon. This ofcourse made me like the Houston Rockets and they swept Shaq and Penny in the finals that year.

I've only been to Pittsburgh once and that was to watch a Monday night game against the Titans, but I've never been to Houston...yet.

Baltimore Ravens- back in 1998 when I was 11, I saw Ray Lewis lay the biggest hit I've ever seen on Jerome Bettis. I've been stoked on Ravens footballever since. I'm from So Cal btw

Originally Posted by DMATT423

Baltimore Ravens- back in 1998 when I was 11, I saw Ray Lewis lay the biggest hit I've ever seen on Jerome Bettis. I've been stoked on Ravens football ever since. I'm from So Cal btw

that's whack lol

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blah blah blah

No one cares about what I have to say

Blah blah blah

I'm still typing this long @%$ $*$+ that no one is going to read

Blabber blabber

The end, I suck

Fixed.

laugh.gif

Back