FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW: THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULDN'T GET TATTOOS

Magik ink 23 wrote:

You're delusional. This thread isn't for believers.
laugh.gif

frown.gif

You are right

Ephesian 5:25

Spoiler [+]
Christ died for the church, no greater sacrifice or submissive act than that

(Again rhetorically speaking), what does god say about pastors & "bishops" stealing money from their congregation while driving S550s or Bentleys? What about these same pastors & "bishops" preaching against homosexuality & then being in the closet? What about pastors & "bishops" preaching against alcohol/drugs & being addicts themselves?

Satan's cruelest trick - creating religion & church...  

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by cap1229

You really didn't have to call him to the table. It's about to get disrespectful.
Such as wishing other nters to die?

are you expecting me to apologize for that comment now like I did then...oh wait

I regret nothing. I paid for that in my screen name.
Nope, I don't.
It was a rhetorical question.
I asked it to show you much of a hypocrite you are.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Dudes talking about tattoo's when the Bible gives all kinds of dietary laws that should be practiced but I doubt you follow the dietary law. If you're not following each and every commandment given by the most high then why judge others? You are not without sin yourself.

OP is a orthodox jew. OP does not shave the sides of his head. OP doesnt shake girls hand. That pic in OP avatar is just a delusion of our eyes.OP does not use his car on the Sabbath.  The list goes on, on what OP does not do.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Ephesian 5:25

Spoiler [+]
Christ died for the church, no greater sacrifice or submissive act than that

God created himself as a human named jesus to kill itself later?

God knew it would do this, so what type of sacrifice was it really?

On top of that, why is church so special? Isn't god everywhere? 

You telling me that god can't penetrate homes without crosses on them? Seems like a weakling to me.

xklPt.jpg

Why does god only want you to go on the sabbath? Is god limited to 24 hour date lines on earth? So I have to travel across state lines in some instances for it to be the sabbath? 
laugh.gif

Silly, I didn't read any of your replies in the last month. Why do you always feel the need to fight about this?

doesn't matter

1) always thought it was dumb and tacky
2) they're damn near getting played out, you'll admit it soon.
3) they'll always have a criminal connotation, no matter how many white girls get them.

Originally Posted by vatech733

aaf366a31ac6e7e9223a0b14568d2c0dbc03b2ab_r.png

I'm kind of over the whole atheism vs. every religion battles and this explains it all

/thread
At most, atheists gathering together have formed as support groups in response to being a tiny minority in places that are generally very religious. Can't really group together atheists. Really, "atheist" should not even be necessary since it just means "not a theist". Atheists are just non-believers. For some reason, people want to group all non-believers into some kind of group and that's just not a reality.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

doesn't matter

1) always thought it was dumb and tacky
2) they're damn near getting played out, you'll admit it soon.
3) they'll always have a criminal connotation, no matter how many white girls get them.

wait... what?
laugh.gif

EDIT: nvm... I forgot the topic was tattoos lol

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I'm kind of over the whole atheism vs. every religion battles and this explains it all

/thread
At most, atheists gathering together have formed as support groups in response to being a tiny minority in places that are generally very religious. Can't really group together atheists. Really, "atheist" should not even be necessary since it just means "not a theist". Atheists are just non-believers. For some reason, people want to group all non-believers into some kind of group and that's just not a reality.

Exactly... that's why I just refer to myself as normal... the others are the whacky theists. Christianity and religion as we know it hasn't even been around very long in the grand scheme of things. The detriment that they have caused to society is not sustainable, they'll die out eventually. Hopefully it isn't replaced with an even more crazy set of ideals, I'd like to think we're too intelligent for that now, but christianity is still here after all. It's threads like this that at least give me some hope in the future of humanity.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Silly, I didn't read any of your replies in the last month. Why do you always feel the need to fight about this?

Because your opinion is the only thing that validate any perspective I have on a particular subject.
I like how I'm the only Username you referred to as well.

Why are you reading my post , I have a vagina don't listen to me.

Spoiler [+]
Ignore the content of the verse I posted wonder why

As predicted by the bible, you can't read. 
laugh.gif

YOU listen to me. 

Its a one way street. 

You are not to speak to me. You are only to listen. 

I can both speak and listen to you. 

Don't get it confused again, or I will enact my god given dominion over you...forcefully. 
devil.gif

ikPnM.jpg

nvm... I forgot the topic was tattoos lol
I don't blame you, sillyputty attacked

We were talking about christians picking and choosing what to follow.
It went beyond the literal tattoos. 

Originally Posted by Magik ink 23

/thread

Exactly... that's why I just refer to myself as normal... the others are the whacky theists. Christianity and religion as we know it hasn't even been around very long in the grand scheme of things. The detriment that they have caused to society is not sustainable, they'll die out eventually. Hopefully it isn't replaced with an even more crazy set of ideals, I'd like to think we're too intelligent for that now, but christianity is still here after all. It's threads like this that at least give me some hope in the future of humanity.
I agree here too.

Thats partially why I hate the word "atheist"...Its so stupid. There is no word for people who don't watch football, or who don't collect stamps.

There are very few words for the LACK of something. 

But as long as there are large amounts of poor and uneducated people there will always be people who need to cling to irrational beliefs and stories to justify their misfortune. Unfortunately. 

The funny thing is, as you wondered if religion would be replaced. If we lost everything we knew about science, we would eventually gain it all back. Its true after all. But if we lost all knowledge of every religion, we know that every new religion would not resemble religions as they do now with all of the nuances and variations. They all would be different.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

We were talking about christians picking and choosing what to follow.

I didn't go thru the thread
I just wanted to give an NT friendly response. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

taking shots at you is normal round' here, friend

/thread

yeah I know what you guys mean. It just really confuses me when people who are running for president or other political positions who seem to be completely rational but like claim to be christian or mormon.  It's like why do you seem so rational but believe in these crazy stories that are completely irrational.  In a perfect world, I would like to see political candidates be forced to leave their faith/beliefs silent.  I think it really effects people when they go to vote. But what do I know?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Because your opinion is the only thing that validate any perspective I have on a particular subject.
I like how I'm the only Username you referred to as well.

Spoiler [+]
Ignore the content of the verse I posted wonder why

laugh.gif

YOU listen to me. 

Its a one way street. 

Don't get it confused again, or I will enact my god given dominion over you...forcefully. 
devil.gif

ikPnM.jpg

I agree here too.

Thats partially why I hate the word "atheist"...Its so stupid. There is no word for people who don't watch football, or who don't collect stamps.

There are very few words for the LACK of something. 

But as long as there are large amounts of poor and uneducated people there will always be people who need to cling to irrational beliefs and stories to justify their misfortune. Unfortunately. 

The funny thing is, as you wondered if religion would be replaced. If we lost everything we knew about science, we would eventually gain it all back. Its true after all. But if we lost all knowledge of every religion, we know that every new religion would not resemble religions as they do now with all of the nuances and variations. They all would be different.

Yeah, that's the funny thing about it. I was going to say that the only way that we wouldn't gain back all we knew about science is because of some sort of religious persecution, but as I said before I don't think that sort of imposition on civilization is very sustainable. Eventually someone would cave in and begin to learn the truth of their surroundings. I suppose as long as there are questions, someone will always seek real scientific answers. For me, that definitely inspires some sort of hope.
happy.gif

Putty, I would compare your analogy to this example.) I agree if we lost all knowledge of religion we would not gain it back. It would be like if the comics of Spiderman were never created. But science will always be there, might not have all the answers, but I mean at least were trying and admit to not knowing some things. The world, IMO, would be a better place if it became acceptable to just say, "I Don't Know how everything came to be?" But that doesn't stop you from trying to know and figure things out. Just don't accept things until every piece of information of data has been examined and put to test.

yeah I know what you guys mean. It just really confuses me when people who are running for president or other political positions who seem to be completely rational but like claim to be christian or mormon.  It's like why do you seem so rational but believe in these crazy stories that are completely irrational.  In a perfect world, I would like to see political candidates be forced to leave their faith/beliefs silent.  I think it really effects people when they go to vote. But what do I know?

I KNOW! That drives me effing CRAZY! It's just so freakin political! It's so unfortunate... I suppose for someone to win the vote they have to seem appealing to all of the stupidity that we drag along with us in this society.

Putty, I would compare your analogy to this example.) I agree if we lost all knowledge of religion we would not gain it back. It would be like if the comics of Spiderman were never created. But science will always be there, might not have all the answers, but I mean at least were trying and admit to not knowing some things. The world, IMO, would be a better place if it became acceptable to just say, "I Don't Know how everything came to be?" But that doesn't stop you from trying to know and figure things out. Just don't accept things until every piece of information of data has been examined and put to test.

I agree, I say this all the time.

sillyputty wrote:

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif

YOU listen to me. 

Its a one way street. 

devil.gif

I can read 
tongue.gif

I didnt see the first half of your post, only the Simpson memes and down

nipple thing? 
eyes.gif

Go ahead and enact that dominion, see who ends up getting dominated 
mad.gif

Exactly... that's why I just refer to myself as normal... the others are the whacky theists. Christianity and religion as we know it hasn't even been around very long in the grand scheme of things. The detriment that they have caused to�society is not sustainable, they'll die out eventually. Hopefully it isn't replaced with an even more crazy set of ideals, I'd like to think we're too intelligent for that now, but christianity is still here after all. It's threads like this that at least give me some hope in the future of humanity.
yeah I know what you guys mean. It just really confuses me when people who are running for president or other political positions who seem to be completely rational but like claim to be christian or mormon.� It's like why do you seem so rational but believe in these crazy stories that are completely irrational.� In a perfect world, I would like to see political candidates be forced to leave their faith/beliefs silent.� I think it really effects people when they go to vote. But what do I know?
This is why I'm pretty sure most politicians aren't that religious, especially the liberals.
There are reports from insiders that say there are maybe a 12-20 secret atheists in Congress.

The only confirmed non-believer is Pete Stark of California.

I actually am pretty sure Barack Obama is an atheist. I know I can't prove it...but hear me out.

Here is my reasoning that I have (edited from other places i've posted it)

Something I wrote a while back when someone said that I couldn't "prove" barack is an atheist...or at least really someone who is privately very liberally religious.

About his mother "This isn't to say that she provided me with no religious instruction. In her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology. On Easter or Christmas Day my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites. But I was made to understand that such religious samplings required no sustained commitment on my part. Religion was an expression of human culture, she would explain, not its wellspring, just one of the many ways —and not necessarily the best way — that man attempted to control the unknowable and understand the deeper truths about our lives." - From Audacity of Hope

His biological father? Atheist.

His mother? Atheist AND anthropologist (understands human interaction)

His grandparents that raised him? Both atheists.

Black people aren't getting elected if they're not religious.

Quotes like this and that speech from 2006 he did where he espouses his problems with referring to the bible show me that hes a closet atheist/very agnostic person that is playing the game of political musical chairs.

He "found" god at 26 as a community organizer in Chicago...and I don't know if you know much about chicago, but theres a lot of black people there...and you're going to get famous in chicago, as black man, without the black vote...and the black vote comes from black churches.

He had to play the game.

Grew up in extremely diverse settings, i'm sure having memories of madrasas allowed him to contrast that with the radical christianity in america.... and hes ones of the smartest presidents, on paper, that we've ever had...remember, they tried to make fun of him because he...went to the best schools in the country? I Mean come on.

Every chance he gets, hes always trying to promote STEM fields and human achievement. Not just willy nilly passive goals.

He doesn't ever say that prayer influences his decisions a-la Bush 1 or 2, or even the possibly closet atheist that clinton was said to be. Faith is never a member of his team of decision makers.

When he forgets to pray people blow their lids off. He left god out of the verbatim recitation of various historical documents.

Hes not religious. At all.

Other conservatives dont even believe hes a christian...To be christian you HAVE to be crazy.
laugh.gif

Every time he opens his mouth about christianity it sounds forced as hell. I'm not going to go into his politics or anything...but I think to call him a closet atheist, is not a far stretch at all. I know people love the "wheres the evidence" claim, but to be honest here. Obama has had more secular groups at the white house than any other president, a point verified by many fundie-right wingers; so i'm sure they'd be honest about feeling threatened. He only refers to religion during times of tragedy...or when hes trolling the GOP like he recently basically said "this is what jesus would do," to try and convince them to adopt his politics. He trolls religion. Its obvious. Why else do you think all the fundies are scared they would lose their privileges under him?

Now you want info on Jeremiah Wright? Obama probably only distantly knew the guy. He had to more than likely only show up for appearances to make him seem like he was in touch with the community. Black churches are the greatest source of networking in most urban communities, especially if black leaders are known to attend. Its all a game. I know in Atlanta that many times, elected black officials only show up to church in times of election or when they need community support. They adopt a church home only to show their relation to the community. Its all for show. They have to connect with the people some how. Thats what a "representative" (in his case Senator) does.
On top of that, hes trolling catholic church hospitals these days. I'm certain that even slightly religious people would have more "respect" for people of faith and their autonomy.

And to cap it off, here is a section from "The Audacity of Hope". Start in the middle of p.198—p.206 http://goo.gl/peuKZ. If that doesn't scream "faking it" to you, I don't know what will.

Obama is a massive religious troll.
roll.gif

I agree.
Science is not even a "thing" its just what we know we can reliably and consistently prove. So yeah, we might take some time to regain that knowledge, but we'd eventually figure out the same stuff.
How to calculate gravity. How to measure acceleration. How to determine aspects of biology etc. Its all true, all we have to do is observe things.

Science never claims to know the answers, it just interprets what is there and doesn't make assertions it can't prove.

7Db5d.jpg

yo ATHEISTS, in particular, SILLYPUTTY annoy the living hell out of me. (this is how your post started btw) 
I agree with you though, we should follow bible tenants, then maybe we can stone you to death for being a non believer.

All the women passages you posted describe relationships between a man and his wife. I do not think cap is your wife, therefore stop assuming that she should not talk to you. As for all those memes, you are genius bro. I wish i can lead a life like yours.

I would have posted something much more meaningful than this, but knowing the capabilities of both Anton and Sillyputty, along with their sidekick megatron, I will just keep it simple. I should do it like Sillyputty with his ridiculously brilliant ideas of conveying messages of God  that have questioned humanity for the past however long, by posting MEMES. Streams of rationale thought were present before btw (even during and previous to Jesus OMG!!) yet, now after all this time, SILLYPUTTY has found the answer to existence. I really wish i were as smart as you man. Congratulations, i will nominate your valiant efforts of posting MEMES to the body of Sciene and perhaps a Nobel.

Back
Top Bottom