FORBES: NBA'S MOST LOYAL FANS

KINGS!?!?!?

Their fans left when Christie, Bibby, Webber, Peja, Vlade, Hedo, Jackson & CLEAVES left.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif
at laker fans. ****. the lakers bandwagon is HUGE.

QFT that year we didn't make the playoffs even the radio stations turned into clips fans and everyone hopped off after the shaq trade!

but there were some fans that never hopped off I SEE YALL!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

laugh.gif

you **** punk not every Laker fan is a bandwagon
eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

i am a laker fan. trust me. the majority are just hanging on the bandwagon. apparently you cant remember how it was when the lakers were irrelevant. its nothing like the games now. they are like the san diego charger fans of the nba. only around when its good. clipper fans are 20 times more loyal than laker fans.
I mean the Clippers did originate from San Diego....
laugh.gif

Clipper fans are like Chargers fans. Few in amount and represent during the hard times, but come the good times, fools be coming out of the woodwork screamingdown since day one.
laugh.gif

This stuff is talkin bout loyalty and doesn't mention the Raptors. Our Team hasn't made it past the second round of the playoffs in history and our fanbase and support is probly bigger than most teams.
pimp.gif
Every game is soldout.....and Jurassic Park is rockin every game.

These teams are also in places with people who have money, who can afford to go to games consistently.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Sacramento Kings? That has to be a typo, I think they meant the Warriors
I think part of the criteria is the teams fans must exsist for more than 2 years

go to realgm...the raptors forums have more people then any other team..we're die hard...some actually go a little too far..especially with the vincecarter/alonzo mourning hate....hell i even do at times...but in summary...raptors fans>other franchises..

warriors fans might rival us because we've both stuck with our teams through thick and thin...knicks fans are eh..i know a lol gave up on the team but theystill have some intense fans.

Fan attendance does not equate to loyalty. But it's certainly one case you can make for it.

On another note, I'm not saying every Laker fan is a Kobe fan, but the 2 laker fans i know out here in ny are laker fans just because they're fans ofkobe. And have admitted it. I know the same applies to many other people laker fans as well.

I really do believe that no other team in the nba has fans like the knicks do right now. obviously when we get good or land a superstar, a bunch of bandwagonfans who have no idea about basketball or how its played will hop on.

But right now we definitely one of the most, if not the most passionate fans. And in polls on NT, people think knick fans are the most intelligent about thegame, which I agree with. I don't remember fans of any other team having a legit movement to get a coach fired
laugh.gif

m in the bay now so i hear this aLL the time knowing that the warriors are the most bandwagoners
Warriors with the most bandwagoners?
eek.gif
you must not have beenin the bay for very long homie, fall back.

Yeah, it must be really tough to pack MSG when you got 8 MILLION people in your city
grin.gif
Best attendance, sure, but there's absolutely no way todetermine who truly has the most loyal fans . .

laugh.gif

you **** punk not every Laker fan is a bandwagon
eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

i am a laker fan. trust me. the majority are just hanging on the bandwagon. apparently you cant remember how it was when the lakers were irrelevant. its nothing like the games now. they are like the san diego charger fans of the nba. only around when its good. clipper fans are 20 times more loyal than laker fans.

what the %#$$ is your issue dog?...why you attacking other Laker fan?
eyes.gif
...i dont even see you in the Laker threads...are you chaLLenging my fanhood? (word to ESPN)...homie ive been a since the earLy 90s with divac and christie running things...so dont even give me that %!$$...yes theres bandwagon fans but im certainLy not one of them

nah man im just messing with your fanhood. dont take it seriously. i have no way of knowing either way
laugh.gif

but to say the lakers have loyal fans is ridiculous. there are many teams with more loyal fans. the only loyal fans are in the 300s at staples which is funny all in itself
laugh.gif

we aiight then dog dont trip...i get heated when someone says im a bandwagon...im in the bay now so i hear this aLL the time knowing that the warriors are the most bandwagoners
eyes.gif
...everytime i head to LA for a Laker game those are the seats im at the freaking 300s stupid "premium tickets", smh at the Lakers thinking that we have jack and denzeL money to drop front row tickets
mad.gif
...kings fans are true to their team, dont bLame them theres not much to do in sacramento other than the gaLLeria, rivercats and the kings
laugh.gif
but props though...the kings fans here in the bay are now "warrior fans" though
indifferent.gif
Why did you capitalize all the L's?

^It doesn't just have to do with attendance. Many factors including attendance during losing season/bad periods, length of franchise existence, fan supportat team related events etc. And don't give me the its easy to fill MSG when 8 Million people are in your city excuse. Clearly anyone who believes that doesnot know what they are talking about. Anyone who knows New York and is a New York sports fans knows that there a million things to do in this city and if theteam(s) is/are not doing well then people will not show up. The Knicks for example have not sold out too many games in the past few years and there have been agood amount of empty seats at MSG.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

But right now we definitely one of the most, if not the most passionate fans. And in polls on NT, people think knick fans are the most intelligent about the game, which I agree with.

Since when are Knick fans on NT more intelligent than other team's fans?
laugh.gif
I've seen enough "Renaldo Balkman = future all-star" and"Yo David Lee for and Crawford for Wade" comments to know that Knick fans on here are by no means any more intelligent than the next fanbase.

Knicks fans do have a larger voice on NT than any other fanbase, but that's directly related to the fact that the Knicks have a larger fanbase than anyother team in the U.S. Why? Maybe because the Knicks happen to reside in the most populous city in the U.S., that shouldn't be of any surprise.

Knick fans only appear to be more passionate because there's more of em, per capita I'll take Kings fans first, and for the record I've also foundKings or perhaps Rockets fans to be the most intelligent on NT.

I live in the Bay Area and I am the only Laker fan that I know. Back in the days of Smush and Kwame, I would take the worst hounding from Warrior fans whoI'd never heard of before their adventure past the Mavericks in the playoffs(not that Warrior fans are bandwagoners, just that I never heard from any ofthem until then.)

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

But right now we definitely one of the most, if not the most passionate fans. And in polls on NT, people think knick fans are the most intelligent about the game, which I agree with.

Since when are Knick fans on NT more intelligent than other team's fans?
laugh.gif
I've seen enough "Renaldo Balkman = future all-star" and "Yo David Lee for and Crawford for Wade" comments to know that Knick fans on here are by no means any more intelligent than the next fanbase.

Knicks fans do have a larger voice on NT than any other fanbase, but that's directly related to the fact that the Knicks have a larger fanbase than any other team in the U.S. Why? Maybe because the Knicks happen to reside in the most populous city in the U.S., that shouldn't be of any surprise.

Knick fans only appear to be more passionate because there's more of em, per capita I'll take Kings fans first, and for the record I've also found Kings or perhaps Rockets fans to be the most intelligent on NT.
indifferent.gif
Are you serious??? Ask anyone who knows anything about basketball, and they will tell you people in NYC know about the game of basketball.

Marv Albert whose announced hundreds of Knick games in the past has claimed MANY times the fans of NY are one of the most intelligent fans in the NBA. Theyrespect and know the game very well all the way down to the smallest intricacy. For example, If you go to a Knicks game and lets say David Lee switches up toguard the wing man, and our center fails to step up in the backdoor the crowd will notice stuff like that and you can hear them groan about it.

Don't let some "Knick fans" here on NT determine the intelligence of our fans in terms of basketball.

And when did anyone mention David Lee and Jamal Crawford going for Wade??? Give us more credit than that. Their contracts don't even match up
laugh.gif

I swear, a lot of people love to hate the Knicks
smh.gif

I don't care if there's a million things to do in NYC, that doesn't excuse the fact that the city has 18 TIMES as many people as Portland
indifferent.gif
Notbuying it. Again, the knicks have more fans than any other team because their city is the most populous in the U.S.

Length of franchise existence? That has everything to do with how big the city is. The first teams started in the biggest cities and those teams have been ableto sustain their existence because it's easy to find 20,000 people out of 18 mill to fill up your stadium as opposed to even 1 million.

You say I don't know what I'm talking about but you can't come up with anything viable to defuse my point, which makes a lot more sense than"well there's a lot to do here". Yeah, 18 million people are out doing more important things EVERY single game night, 20,000 is just a huge a**number of seats to fill and it's amazing how passionate Knick fans are that out of 18 million people MSG is able to still pack people in consistently
laugh.gif

I had no idea that MSG has actually had a lot of empty seats as of late, now I'm REALLY convinced that this whole "Knicks fans are the mostpassionate" deal is BS

Marv Albert
Born Marvin Philip Aufrichtig
June 12, 1941 (age 67)
Brooklyn, New York

SHOCKING
laugh.gif
I can't believe that the longtime Knicks announcer who was born in NYC believes that Knick fans are the most intelligent. Amazing.

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

m in the bay now so i hear this aLL the time knowing that the warriors are the most bandwagoners
Warriors with the most bandwagoners?
eek.gif
you must not have been in the bay for very long homie, fall back.

dude is just a warrior fan hater who likes to talk crap about warrior fans all the time
laugh.gif
, we're used to it.

the lakers, bulls, knicks, etc. are the biggest teams in the NBA which is why they're ranked up so high...there are laker/celtic fans EVERYWHERE. Some aretrue fans, but it's kinda like the Cowboys, there's always a lot of bandwagoners for those big-name teams.Just like the Yankees, etc.

" and when did anyone mention David Lee and Jamal Crawford going for Wade??? Give us more credit than that. Their contracts don't even match up"

Duh. That was my point. Knick fans can be just as delusional and un-informed as any other fanbase. David Aldridge of ESPN had a long running joke on ESPN wherehe said that in the 90's whenever he was in NYC fans would always come up to him and say stupid crap like "YO ALDRIDGE! Why can't we trade ChrisChilds and Charlie Ward for Shaq!!??"

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^no they didn't, they still sell a lot of seats.
If your talking bout the Kings.....then naw, Arco is like 2/3s filled up the majority of the time now. I think Kings and Warrior fans are on aboutthe same level. Both still have lots of support when they suck.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Marv Albert
Born Marvin Philip Aufrichtig
June 12, 1941 (age 67)
Brooklyn, New York

SHOCKING
laugh.gif
I can't believe that the longtime Knicks announcer who was born in NYC believes that Knick fans are the most intelligent. Amazing.
ok fine, many other people have said it too. Not just Marv. Almost all the dudes in the old NBA on NBC cast said it and so has the TNT and ABCguys. Have you ever been to a Knick game??? Theres so many reason why this is called the "Mecca" of basketball. I'm just too tired to try andexplain it to you.

Back
Top Bottom