FORBES: NBA'S MOST LOYAL FANS

^^yeah, because sticking through 1 bad season really makes people "true fans".

I wonder where all those 90's Laker fans are now
laugh.gif

It seems like they were enjoying the coke and magic during the 80's, but once the decade was over so was their winning
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

laugh.gif
at laker fans. ****. the lakers bandwagon is HUGE.

you **** punk not every Laker fan is a bandwagon
eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

i am a laker fan. trust me. the majority are just hanging on the bandwagon. apparently you cant remember how it was when the lakers were irrelevant. its nothing like the games now. they are like the san diego charger fans of the nba. only around when its good. clipper fans are 20 times more loyal than laker fans.
I mean the Clippers did originate from San Diego....
laugh.gif

Clipper fans are like Chargers fans. Few in amount and represent during the hard times, but come the good times, fools be coming out of the woodwork screaming down since day one.
laugh.gif
no way man. i used to go to clipper games when i was in college cause i couldnt afford laker tickets and just wanted to see some ball
laugh.gif

they were absolutely horrible and even back then would average over 16000 a night. even on weeknights. clipper fans will always be around. the chargers loseone game and dudes are ready to dump their season tickets off.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^yeah, because sticking through 1 bad season really makes people "true fans".

I wonder where all those 90's Laker fans are now
laugh.gif

It seems like they were enjoying the coke and magic during the 80's, but once the decade was over so was their winning
laugh.gif
im gonna be honest, i was kind of mad when they moved to staples and started winning cause it made it impossible for me to go to the games backthen. during the mid-late nineties tickets could be scooped up easily for the forum.
laugh.gif
you see more suits than jerseys at the games

even now that im older, we got tickets to 3 games this year through amex. the premier seats were the only option. almost 200 a piece after fees.
sick.gif
!*!! is out of control. i cringed when my friend told me how much. all for nonplayoff basketball games. its impossible for people to take their families out. i couldnt imagine having like 3 kids and having to buy 3 more tickets and foodfor three more people.

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

i am a laker fan. trust me. the majority are just hanging on the bandwagon. apparently you cant remember how it was when the lakers were irrelevant. its nothing like the games now. they are like the san diego charger fans of the nba. only around when its good. clipper fans are 20 times more loyal than laker fans.
What a joke. Southern California is owned by Jerry Buss and the Lakers. Clipper fans loyal? LOL, yeah that is why they have had so manysell-outs over the last few decades. Credibility = gone.

Man, every team has their bandwagon fans and their loyal die hard fans. Why does one fanbase think they're better than the next? When a team performs well,there are sure to be bandwagon fans that follow. It just comes with the territory. That doesn't change the fact that there are still loyal die hard fansstill present.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

What a joke. Southern California is owned by Jerry Buss and the Lakers. Clipper fans loyal? LOL, yeah that is why they have had so many sell-outs over the last few decades. Credibility = gone.
you are kidding right? check attendance records for that team. and then check the team record. you honestly dont say thats loyalty?

Originally Posted by Insanity Peppers

m in the bay now so i hear this aLL the time knowing that the warriors are the most bandwagoners
Warriors with the most bandwagoners?
eek.gif
you must not have been
in the bay for very long homie, fall back.

Anybody who says Warriors fans only been around for two seasons has never been to a game prior to the Davis trade, or their just speaking out of their+#$...Warriors games been LIVE for years, even when we sucked there was crazy atmosphere

and
smh.gif
at anybody mentioning Kings fan from the bay jumping on the W's wagon, they're unfaithful anyway, 90% of bay area kings fans hopped on the kingswagon when they were lightweight running %#+%

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah id be pissed if we werent #1. But there are a ton of our fans that are MIA after the 90s. [cough]Nets Fans/Swamprat[cough]

but we still here... and we 4-2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: Knicks are CLEARLY #1 yall talk like you can match us in Portland. Please any other team would be moved out or something if they had to go through whatwe had to this decade. But were still here and people like me still watch every single game. Attendance is different than loyalty. We're #1 in loyalty.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah id be pissed if we werent #1. But there are a ton of our fans that are MIA after the 90s. [cough]Nets Fans/Swamprat[cough]

but we still here... and we 4-2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: Knicks are CLEARLY #1 yall talk like you can match us in Portland. Please any other team would be moved out or something if they had to go through what we had to this decade. But were still here and people like me still watch every single game. Attendance is different than loyalty. We're #1 in loyalty.
I don't always agree with GR8 but in this case hes really speaking the truth

laugh.gif
See Laker fans after the Showtime Era, and during the 04-05 season. Hardly any!

Knicks...
pimp.gif

Suns fans are fairweather. They care, but then they don't.

laugh.gif

clipper have some of the fakest fans EVER. 85% of home games and filled up with fans of other teams.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
riiiiight bro.
laugh.gif

I mean the Clippers did originate from San Diego....
laugh.gif

Clipper fans are like Chargers fans. Few in amount and represent during the hard times, but come the good times, fools be coming out of the woodwork screaming down since day one.
laugh.gif
no way man. i used to go to clipper games when i was in college cause i couldnt afford laker tickets and just wanted to see some ball
laugh.gif

they were absolutely horrible and even back then would average over 16000 a night. even on weeknights. clipper fans will always be around. the chargers lose one game and dudes are ready to dump their season tickets off.
laugh.gif
I'm a 6 year season ticket holder and the only reason why I'm dumping my season tickets this season is because I'd rather have themoney right now. Paying $900 for plaza level season tickets for an old stadium is not worth it IMO. Especially when they were only $490 back in 2003. Sorry butwatching the games in the comfort of my own home in HD is more sufficient for me these days.

laugh.gif
See Laker fans after the Showtime Era, and during the 04-05 season. Hardly any!
I dunno, but the Lakeshow Lakers of the 90s were exciting, well to me that is. NVE is my favorite Laker right behind Magic.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I live in the Bay Area and I am the only Laker fan that I know. Back in the days of Smush and Kwame, I would take the worst hounding from Warrior fans who I'd never heard of before their adventure past the Mavericks in the playoffs(not that Warrior fans are bandwagoners, just that I never heard from any of them until then.)
co-mothereffin-sign!!!!!!!!...i agree with you 100%...the warrior fans were kings fans during Lakers 3peat era and dude they were doggin' methroughout the series back and then in 2007, these sudden warrior/NBA fans were doggin' me for not getting past the 1st round and we were never gonna winit since shaq's gone...i remember in the '05 season i was getting so much crap about why am i stiLL on the Lakers yadda yadda...but now those warriorbandwagons are near gone...but we know who the true warrior fans are...btw what part of the bay are you from?...im pretty sure you're not the onLy Lakerfan in the bay because im here
laugh.gif

nycknicks105 wrote:
Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

nYcHipHopHippo wrote:
But right now we definitely one of the most, if not the most passionate fans. And in polls on NT, people think knick fans are the most intelligent about the game, which I agree with.

Since when are Knick fans on NT more intelligent than other team's fans?
laugh.gif
I've seen enough "Renaldo Balkman = future all-star" and "Yo David Lee for and Crawford for Wade" comments to know that Knick fans on here are by no means any more intelligent than the next fanbase.

Knicks fans do have a larger voice on NT than any other fanbase, but that's directly related to the fact that the Knicks have a larger fanbase than any other team in the U.S. Why? Maybe because the Knicks happen to reside in the most populous city in the U.S., that shouldn't be of any surprise.

Knick fans only appear to be more passionate because there's more of em, per capita I'll take Kings fans first, and for the record I've also found Kings or perhaps Rockets fans to be the most intelligent on NT.
indifferent.gif
Are you serious??? Ask anyone who knows anything about basketball, and they will tell you people in NYC know about the game of basketball.

Marv Albert whose announced hundreds of Knick games in the past has claimed MANY times the fans of NY are one of the most intelligent fans in the NBA. They respect and know the game very well all the way down to the smallest intricacy. For example, If you go to a Knicks game and lets say David Lee switches up to guard the wing man, and our center fails to step up in the backdoor the crowd will notice stuff like that and you can hear them groan about it.

Don't let some "Knick fans" here on NT determine the intelligence of our fans in terms of basketball.

And when did anyone mention David Lee and Jamal Crawford going for Wade??? Give us more credit than that. Their contracts don't even match up
laugh.gif

I swear, a lot of people love to hate the Knicks
smh.gif

laugh.gif
maybe this is why people dont think Knick fans are knowledgeablebecause apparently you can't read.
Marv Albert whose announced hundreds of Knick games in the past has claimed MANY times the fans of NY are one of the most intelligent fans in the NBA
I liked Knicks fans before they started winning, at least they kept the stupid !*+# to their season posts before. Now we have to hear acelebration everytime this wack +#! team wins a game.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

nycknicks105 wrote:
Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

nYcHipHopHippo wrote:
But right now we definitely one of the most, if not the most passionate fans. And in polls on NT, people think knick fans are the most intelligent about the game, which I agree with.

Since when are Knick fans on NT more intelligent than other team's fans?
laugh.gif
I've seen enough "Renaldo Balkman = future all-star" and "Yo David Lee for and Crawford for Wade" comments to know that Knick fans on here are by no means any more intelligent than the next fanbase.

Knicks fans do have a larger voice on NT than any other fanbase, but that's directly related to the fact that the Knicks have a larger fanbase than any other team in the U.S. Why? Maybe because the Knicks happen to reside in the most populous city in the U.S., that shouldn't be of any surprise.

Knick fans only appear to be more passionate because there's more of em, per capita I'll take Kings fans first, and for the record I've also found Kings or perhaps Rockets fans to be the most intelligent on NT.
indifferent.gif
Are you serious??? Ask anyone who knows anything about basketball, and they will tell you people in NYC know about the game of basketball.

Marv Albert whose announced hundreds of Knick games in the past has claimed MANY times the fans of NY are one of the most intelligent fans in the NBA. They respect and know the game very well all the way down to the smallest intricacy. For example, If you go to a Knicks game and lets say David Lee switches up to guard the wing man, and our center fails to step up in the backdoor the crowd will notice stuff like that and you can hear them groan about it.

Don't let some "Knick fans" here on NT determine the intelligence of our fans in terms of basketball.

And when did anyone mention David Lee and Jamal Crawford going for Wade??? Give us more credit than that. Their contracts don't even match up
laugh.gif

I swear, a lot of people love to hate the Knicks
smh.gif

laugh.gif
maybe this is why people dont think Knick fans are knowledgeable because apparently you can't read.

uhh...the part that u bolded and capitalized that nyknicks said has nothing to do with what I was saying. He was debating with another NTer andsaid
because some "knick fans" are complete idiots in his opinion.

so a quote taken from your post directed to you...

apparently you can't read.

I tried finding a link to the thread where most non-knick fans agreed the knicks had the most intelligent fans, but I couldn't find the threadon yuku's search.

and I was responding to the fact that the guy above he quoted was talking about dudes on NT not in NY. I dont doubt there are people in NY that knowbasketball, but lets be honest there are probably a handful of dudes on NT that are Knicks fans that are knowledgeable when it comes to basketball hence whythe guy responded with some of the stuff that Knicks fans HAVE been saying on here. And yes he was responding to a guy who WAS TALKING ABOUT KNICK FANS ON NTsaying people in NY know basketball which has nothing to do with what the guy I quoted below you was saying.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

m in the bay now so i hear this aLL the time knowing that the warriors are the most bandwagoners
eek.gif
you must not have been

Anybody who says Warriors fans only been around for two seasons has never been to a game prior to the Davis trade, or their just speaking out of their +#$...Warriors games been LIVE for years, even when we sucked there was crazy atmosphere

and
smh.gif
at anybody mentioning Kings fan from the bay jumping on the W's wagon, they're unfaithful anyway, 90% of bay area kings fans hopped on the kings wagon when they were lightweight running %#+%

QFT (49er and Raider fans dont agree too often. Definitely truth)

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

eek.gif
you must not have been

Anybody who says Warriors fans only been around for two seasons has never been to a game prior to the Davis trade, or their just speaking out of their +#$...Warriors games been LIVE for years, even when we sucked there was crazy atmosphere

and
smh.gif
at anybody mentioning Kings fan from the bay jumping on the W's wagon, they're unfaithful anyway, 90% of bay area kings fans hopped on the kings wagon when they were lightweight running %#+%

QFT (49er and Raider fans dont agree too often. Definitely truth)
aint it the truth
roll.gif
...i got fam in sacramento and thesacramento kings fans are pretty die hard and many of them sacramento residents are season ticket hoLders...but shame on the "kings fans" in the baywho are now nonexistant and are warrior fans...im a Laker fan in the bay so i got A LOT of crap from these "fans"...growing up the bay area was knownto be MLB and NFL fans regardLess of the record of the teams
tired.gif
...A LOTdidnt watch the NBA or didnt even care for it i remember i used to get "i dont watch basketbaLL" but after 2007, these "fans" showed up andthey wanted to start fights with me because i was a Lakeshow fan...but i know who the true warrior fans are...especiaLLy here on NT

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

i stuck with LA through that one debacle season. Lakers for life.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wow you sir have been through the trenches

Forget this study, I want to see

FORBES: NBA's LEAST LOYAL FANS
tx_celtics.jpg

smh.gif
@ Forbes

The Lakers fans cant really be considered Loyal until they have a stretch of being horrible. imo
Id be loyal if I had Kobe too.
ohwell.gif

Pistons should be on here easily

Back
Top Bottom