roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

MARTIN
smokin.gif

Gordon Gecko is back to his trolling ways i see...

But i think if you want a wide, general knowledge of many subjects... formal education>> self education...

But if you want a very detailed/in depth knowledge of a few subjects than self education>>formal education

to tell you the truth self education can only take you so far, and formal education can only take you so far... let me elaborate:
Clearly not everything can be learned from a book within a classroom, and you cant teach yourself everything. When it comes to formal education, you need itfor alot of things. you NEED to know math for everything and you NEED to know how to read. outside of those two basics everything else is for specializationpurposes for example people take nursing classes to become nurses, people take cpa classes to become accountants but if you're not going into any one ofthose fields, then you dont need that knowledge.. u feel me? after learning the basics, everything else is pretty much "career-based" knowledgemeaning that you dont need to know it unless you need it for your career. On the other hand, self education has an ego aspect to it. people will try to teachthemselves as much as they THINK they can teach themselves. the validity and accuracy of this info is completely dependant on the persons general knowledge.also, self education isnt really SELF education because the info had to come from somewhere or someperson or some place, it just wasnt formally obtained. butthe self educated person tends to have limited opportunities due to the non existence of a formal education which is mandatory in todays job world. so toanswer ur question, it depends on what ur trying to do with your life. some Entertainers with no formal education can make more than a whole household full ofdegrees, but at the same time that household full of degrees is in a better position to make money consistently and for the long term due to their formaleducation.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

Shorty what's your impression of the book? I want to begin reading it so badly, but school is keeping me busy, so I'll read it once school ends soon.

Btw, self education ftw

its cool so far...i'm only on the second chapter about Jack and Jill

Back
Top Bottom