Found something in the street....i KNOW its valuable....

So, I'm walking through GreenPoint, Brooklyn and I see an external hard drive just laying on the ground. So, I pick it up. Its like 2AM and I'm tired as hell.
I get home and go to sleep, completely forgot about it. Today I woke up getting ready to leave for work and I see the hard drive. I plug it in and it is LOADED with ProTools Sessions.

I have a little recording studio, so I have PT9 on my laptop for mixing and I open the projects and there's like 300GB of music (un-released) from people I have NEVER heard of.

I search everywhere through the hard drive for something identifying and there's no name of any engineer or producer. I know as someone who does music how ridiculously important this is...

What do I do? How do I get this back to the owner? Should I wipe it and keep it? Opinions please NT, thanks. 
nerd.gif

So, I'm walking through GreenPoint, Brooklyn and I see an external hard drive just laying on the ground. So, I pick it up. Its like 2AM and I'm tired as hell.
I get home and go to sleep, completely forgot about it. Today I woke up getting ready to leave for work and I see the hard drive. I plug it in and it is LOADED with ProTools Sessions.

I have a little recording studio, so I have PT9 on my laptop for mixing and I open the projects and there's like 300GB of music (un-released) from people I have NEVER heard of.

I search everywhere through the hard drive for something identifying and there's no name of any engineer or producer. I know as someone who does music how ridiculously important this is...

What do I do? How do I get this back to the owner? Should I wipe it and keep it? Opinions please NT, thanks. 
nerd.gif

I would try to return it, someone worked countless hours working and for you to delete it would be wreckless..

I would try to return it, someone worked countless hours working and for you to delete it would be wreckless..

Originally Posted by maldonado

whats the music sound like?

Is it good/quality?

Sounds like Dance/Pop/House music. Its PHENOMENAL quality all instruments recorded live in studio no computerized bs
Tracks are tagged Studio B Studio A
Give it back

Obviously, I just have no idea how to get in touch with the owner. There is NOTHING on it that is identifiable except the music...not sure which Artist/Engineer/Producer it belongs to....there are no artist names either, just audio...

Is it good/quality?

Sounds like Dance/Pop/House music. Its PHENOMENAL quality all instruments recorded live in studio no computerized bs
Give it back

Obviously, I just have no idea how to get in touch with the owner. There is NOTHING on it that is identifiable except the music...not sure which Artist/Engineer/Producer it belongs to....there are no artist names either, just audio...

Given that you know how valuable it is...personally...I'd go back the area. post a few signs on some poles about about a found harddrive..and give them an email to contact.

Given that you know how valuable it is...personally...I'd go back the area. post a few signs on some poles about about a found harddrive..and give them an email to contact.

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

Is it good/quality?

Give it back

pimp.gif

again.......i wouldnt even have told NT about this.

id go a way different route hit up some DJ..........hell even pauly D is gonna be in hartford ct tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom