Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
The trailer said 2/14 right? That was quick

Screenshot 2018-09-28 17.14.05.png

better than where they're at now but best position is early december and sandwiched between Robin Hood/Creed2/Wreck it Ralph and Mary Poppins

i don't think pokemon movie or spider-verse cartoon or mortal engines are going to be a big threat

dec 7 is a good spot, gives them a good buffer before mary poppins and bumble bee

hell if i were WB/DC, id release is dec 5 (wed) and get a couple more days in with less competition

movies.png

This is a pretty stacked december. Damn

Bad look for Fox to release the trailer for Dark Phoenix and then push back the release date the summer.

Just give up already.

I hope they don't bother wasting money on reshoots because of the trailer reactions. Not likely anything that can save it.
Yo they just finished doing reshoots.

It would be a monumental waste of money if they did so again.

Moving to the summer makes no sense. Yeah, blockbusters are now a year round thing but the summer will always be filled with blockbusters. ALWAYS :lol: So it may not be competing some MCU juggernauts but I'm sure the other studios got stuff planned for June.

I would say that maybe Disney had a say and tie-in the franchise to the MCU. But that's just me fanboying because we know Disney can't use any properties until the sale is finalized lol

wait what's going on with a movie being pushed back?
Dark Phoenix got pushed back to summer 2019 rotfmao

MCU is god level compared to these other studios. Through 20 movies they never had to push back a movie except Black Panther.

I think the push back has to do with the merger and A4. Also, they announced a PG-13 Deadpool 2. I wouldn’t be shocked if Disney had a hand in both of these. Trying to see if a DP film would work as a PG-13 film. And in Dark Phoenix we may see an appearance from a MCU character crossing throughout realities/time (Quantum Realm or IG) or showing effects of conflict in A4 and the IG disrupting reality/time. I just don’t think BOTH are coincidence. Keep eyes out for additional shoots on both A4 and DF front.

I think the push back has to do with the merger and A4. Also, they announced a PG-13 Deadpool 2. I wouldn’t be shocked if Disney had a hand in both of these. Trying to see if a DP film would work as a PG-13 film. And in Dark Phoenix we may see an appearance from a MCU character crossing throughout realities/time (Quantum Realm or IG) or showing effects of conflict in A4 and the IG disrupting reality/time. I just don’t think BOTH are coincidence. Keep eyes out for additional shoots on both A4 and DF front.
I hope Disney has a say in this. Would be cool if they did. We'll just wait and see.

I am surprised about Deadpool 2 being re-released as PG-13.

Disney can't play with foxmen for a couple more years

Transition onto disney's hands is still ongoing and not complete

The pushback is because Fox put Alita in early February and they didn't want Alita and Dark Phoenix to cannibalize each other

Disney can't play with foxmen for a couple more years

Transition onto disney's hands is still ongoing and not complete

The pushback is because Fox put Alita in early February and they didn't want Alita and Dark Phoenix to cannibalize each other

I could be wrong, but from what I understand the merger could be complete by summer. It was said that Disney would let the next X-MEN films release as scheduled but not that they wouldn’t have any input or control on reshoots

I could be wrong, but from what I understand the merger could be complete by summer. It was said that Disney would let the next X-MEN films release as scheduled but not that they wouldn’t have any input or control on reshoots
Yeah, that's what I read too.

Complete by summer? Maybe I'm not up to date but last I heard the merger can take a few years.
Disney said 99% of shareholders approved the company’s acquisition of Fox assets, a historic tie-up that will alter the Hollywood landscape. Fox said a majority had approved it, but said the final tally would be stated in an SEC filing at the end of the day. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes — an eye blink in the often slow-moving world of media M&A. Both companies have predicted a close sometime in the first half of 2019.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/disney...-historic-merger-vote-of-approval-1202434925/

You may be combining the comments from I believe Feige or other Disney MCU people that they may not use Fox-Men for a couple of years. But this was months before Marvel Studios announced that X-Men was going to be in Feige's control.

go out swinging i guess...

GAMBIT Film Will Be A "Romantic Comedy" According To Producer Simon Kinberg

Until the Disney/FOX deal completely goes through, it seems apparent FOX will continue to make their Marvel branded movies until someone says stop. Well, Gambit seems to be one of the items on their to-do list. Known for being in a lengthy development process, Gambit is supposedly going to start filming early next year.

Which means more news tidbits will be coming out every so often. Producer Simon Kinberg spoke with IGN about this film and what to expect...

"When you look at Gambit, he’s a hustler and a womanizer and we just felt like there was an attitude, a swagger to him, that lent itself to romantic comedy," He continued, "You know, when I say romantic comedy, I use that term loosely, in the same term that I use the term western for Logan loosely,"

Kinberg said. "It’s not like they’re gunslingers at high noon in Logan. It’s just a vibe. And I would say the vibe of Gambit has a romantic or sex comedy vibe to it. While it is also still very much a superhero movie with villains and heroes, as all these movies are."

man wut :smh:

Gambit is now basically canceled, no mention of new mutants = canceled, and a PG13 DP? Add to that the move of Dark Phoenix to within a month of A4 and the only thing I see is them Killing the Fox X-Men universe...If they wanted to adapt and use the current X-Verse then why put the thing in competition with their (Very likely) largest money maker of the year? To tie it in? Nah they would maximize it February with little competition not sink it in June under the weight of the Avengers...They release Black Panther within a month of IW? What about Captain Marvel? AM&W? Far From Home?

Clearly shows that the only thing Disney is even remotely interested in keeping is Deadpool and that clearly depends on how this PG-13 release does...

Gambit is now basically canceled, no mention of new mutants = canceled, and a PG13 DP? Add to that the move of Dark Phoenix to within a month of A4 and the only thing I see is them Killing the Fox X-Men universe...If they wanted to adapt and use the current X-Verse then why put the thing in competition with their (Very likely) largest money maker of the year? To tie it in? Nah they would maximize it February with little competition not sink it in June under the weight of the Avengers...They release Black Panther within a month of IW? What about Captain Marvel? AM&W? Far From Home?

Clearly shows that the only thing Disney is even remotely interested in keeping is Deadpool and that clearly depends on how this PG-13 release does...
Also I think Disney cares about Alita.

If fox's Alita Battle Angel does well that's another franchise Disney has under its belt

I don't think disney cares a single lick about what happens to the foxmen movies

If the foxmen movies do well or bad, either way marvel will reboot

They’ll definitely reboot. It’s just that I think we’ll see the reboot happen on screen. Remember, Phoenix can destroy a universe. I wouldn’t be shocked if the film ends with Phoenix destroy the current universe and then having a rebirth in the current MCU or something like that. That’s just as good of a speculation as having the infinity stones cause mutants to appear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom