Fox Sports writer: MJ is "sellout" NBA PA should "attack Jordan Brand" over lockout stance

1st rule of corporate business is protect your income that all he is doing! how can you be made at that?

DLEE2703 wrote:
1st rule of corporate business is protect your income that all he is doing! how can you be made at that?

1. Its not the fact that Jordan is right or wrong, its the fact that he used to be a player and was on the other side of the struggle. People fought hard to get MJ paid when he played and now he is going to be David Sterns Goon and try to get the players to take a pay cut when he would have not took it.............

2. I dont want to pull the race card, however as a black male you should never side to take money out of the other black males pockets....

3. When he played for the wizards the owners/NBA screwed him on a lot of money when he came back to play and know he is fighting to get them more money.....

4. MJ is supposed to be close to most of the players fighting to get paid............

5. Some of those players are pushing his brand making him richer...

6. I can go on forever lmk if you need more reasons..........

I hate the term "uncle tom" but MJ is about to be the true definition, selling out his people to make a extra buck.
tired.gif

I guess to be great you have to sellout
Kobe-shack
Lebron-CLE
MJ- Ever player in the NBA    

roll.gif
at David Stern planning to use MJ to get the NBA players to agree on losing Billions of dollars, he is pulling out all the tricks.
laugh.gif
 He didnt account that 80% of the NBA dont like MJ...........

This is ego and arrogance run amok. Jordan believes he’s untouchable. He clearly has no respect for current NBA players. If Billy Hunter and Derek Fisher have any leadership ability, they should use Jordan’s betrayal as a rallying point. They should attack the “Air Jordan

^ you have a good point but at the end of the day its business its nothing personal. MJ has always been an a** hole when it comes to money its billionaires fighting with millionaires they are winning regardless just not the same way as before the lockout

If Jordan made 30 million back in the day I wonder how much he would make now.....  i mean you given people like Chris Bosh $100 million dollar contracts... sheesh

Seriously mj made 90% of his money off endorsements and of course nike, the most money he made in a year (before the last two 30million contacts ) was like 5 mill in 1996 so I can somewhat see what he's saying when you have pure trash ala reshard lewis and arenas caking it up from the bench, bottom line if you hate the man so much don't buy the products he endorses I'm from the chi so I'm bias and nothing this man does really bothers me the 90's we're a great time in my life and for that I'll always appreciate him

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

MJ is a clown. He wants a deal that guarantees his team makes a big profit, handicaps big markets, and hurts players. He is basically asking for the NBA to idiot proof his job and is refusing to agree to any deal that comes short of that. 
bingo.

That's funny how everybody is calling MJ scum and never met the man in person...that's how people get bad reputations
frown.gif

Cats continue to bash his products on here, but still copping retros
laugh.gif

Being a huge Jordan fan, I starting reading this article thinking, "it's just another guy who wants to be heard". After reading the article in it's entirety, however, I have to agree with it. I love his shoes, but Jordan is incredibly selfish at times, especially when it comes to players who he doesn't even compete with on the court anymore.

Business is business no matter what side your on. If you're a player you're going to do what you got to do to get those $100 million dollar contracts and if you're an owner you're going to do what you've got to do to win and make as much money as possible. Michael Jordan don't owe any of us anything. It's so typical of black people to throw around this term "sellout" at any successful man who doesn't seemingly look out for everyone else trying to come up. Forget that. This isn't a passing of the torch or the giving of props. This is a business not a friendship. And this business concerns the manipulation of billions in income. I wish people could wrap their minds around the seriousness of the issues insetad of pointing fingers at billionaires and saying hey, give those guys more millions.

The owners of the league dole out the checks and if they think the system is broken they're going to do what they've got to do to fix it. And everyone else is just going to have to deal with it. The players don't have a leg to stand on. A handful of them are super rich to the point where they can afford to take a full season off and still enjoy their lifestyle. But that's a minority of them. The majority of them will have to cave in soon.

I do agree with boycotting Jordan Brand but for my own reasons.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I knew that either Whitlock or Rob Parker wrote this article because these two are the only two black writers with enough balls to call it straight when it comes to Jordan. The rest of the black writers are more concerned with being Jordan's groupie. I am a black man, but if a white man or woman  wrote this article he/she would be labeled a bigot or racist.

Watch this be a topic on First Take and skip slob all over jordan's knob.

First and foremost, I am a fan of Jason Whitlock's writing. He does take on the point of view that people aren't willing to take. He brought up good points in the article. Jordan is a selfish person, it's shown through stories of former teammates and opponents alike. Did anyone peep his HOF speech? It was petty. So why would anyone be surprised at all at his stance during the lockout? The problem is that during his career, his winning covered all the nasty selfish behavior. For those who remember and someone made the point here, where was he during the last lockout? Granted he retired, but his name and popularity still held weight and people still would have listened to him, did he care? No. He had just gotten  $30 mil and $36 mil contracts his last two seasons as a Chicago Bull. That was always my problem with him. He never used his fame for any good gain other than financially. Although he is the best basketball player of all time, I still have more respect for Bill Russell, Mohammad Ali, and Jim Brown because they used their fame at the height of their popularity for something other than personal gain. MJ has always been a selfish and mean person, people should stop apologizing for his mean behavior. I think I actually will stop buying Jordans at this point. Enough is enough.

Cliffs:
-Your lazy $%$ should read more

The Bobcats lost $20 million last year. If I were an owner I would offer the players 45% of BRI. They don't like it, get your own team!

Out of all the bad storys about MJ, this is the one that really made me dis like him   

When Jordan was here in San Francisco for the President's Cup golf tourny here in San Francisco a few years ago I was part of a detail that provided protection for the event and hotels he tiger woods and few others were at. He was a jerk every night so I'm not shocked by this. He always smoked a cigar and wanted to smoke a cigar inside the restaurant at the hotel and a employee told him that it was no smoking. He made every comment about her being a B a Mexican and so many other things that I just had to take a step back like man and this is the dude I grew up idolizing my whole life. Was number 23 in basketball football baseball whatever because of him
I believe this story 100% but whose mad. I'm sure the owner of every brand I wear is self centered and arrogant. Once you make so much I guess your stuff don't stink so I still buy Jordan's not as much but not because he's a jerk just because it's not as much I like. But dude is the shadiest character I've ever met

Lets be real. Because some of you NTers idolize MJ the idea of the article actually having merit doesn't process in your head.

MJ was in fact, himself, a player so he should be trying to help and not drag on the lockout.

I agree that some players are grossly overpaid and the CBA needs to be modified but MJ leading this stalemate is a slap in the face.

If it were Lebron everyone would boycott his shoes but because they're Jordans everyone wants to turn a blind eye

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

I think the lockout has similar roots of evil like the one in late 1998 which were
the agents of the players who pushed the players to demand insane contracts.
I remember Kevin Garnett's mega-deal with the Timberwolves was one of the
cases that caused to the lock out later.
But i think the NBA is facing a different economic problem nowadays.
Back in 1998, most nations broadcasted NBA as free TV so every citizen
was able to watch the games. Now since the early 21st century,
David Stern demands high prices for broadcasting NBA games and the ticket
prices in the stadiums has gone up too.
Basketball might be still as popular in the USA, but in most other countries on this globe,
they make less money in the recent decade. Not many people are wearing active basketball
shoes for casual anymore and even when they play basketball they dont buy real basketball shoes often,
unless the guy plays team basketball or is a hardcore player.
Many only watches (paid and free) streams some even only watch highlights on youtube.
Now the teams want a more strict salary cap trying to stay alive in financial terms.
But the players insist to be paid as good as in the past despite the business is not doing better
but rather worse.
I think many of you guys are too young to understand what it is about in the NBA.
The NBA has been a very commercial pro league just like the soccer leagues in many
European countries too. It's all about business and if your team cannot get enough
revenue throughout a season, you will admit loss and there is a point where you either
have to stop doing business or try to do drastic changes to be on the moneymaking road again.
Now Jordan is not a player anymore but a club owner. Why would he stick with the player's stance anymore?
If he stays that loyal he should never become an NBA team owner in the first place right?
Not saying that it's noble what MJ's does now and how harsh his hall of fame speech was,
but he's just doing his current job.
very well though out response mate
wink.gif

very true, in the early 90's here in Australia NBA players were household names, NBA games were free to air, around about 1996 , the only place you could get your NBA games was via Foxtel cable TV service. It was around $50-60 a month to subscribe.

The only time we get NBA coverage is during our local news bulletin during the NBA season, and that only goes for 30seconds or so. 

Foxtel did that with alot of major sports here in Australia.

As for this article, no real facts are presented, just a heap of attacks on Jordan, cant hate a person for putting them and their familie's financial future first
grin.gif

Originally Posted by beh235

First and foremost, I am a fan of Jason Whitlock's writing. He does take on the point of view that people aren't willing to take. He brought up good points in the article. Jordan is a selfish person, it's shown through stories of former teammates and opponents alike. Did anyone peep his HOF speech? It was petty. So why would anyone be surprised at all at his stance during the lockout? The problem is that during his career, his winning covered all the nasty selfish behavior. For those who remember and someone made the point here, where was he during the last lockout? Granted he retired, but his name and popularity still held weight and people still would have listened to him, did he care? No. He had just gotten  $30 mil and $36 mil contracts his last two seasons as a Chicago Bull. That was always my problem with him. He never used his fame for any good gain other than financially. Although he is the best basketball player of all time, I still have more respect for Bill Russell, Mohammad Ali, and Jim Brown because they used their fame at the height of their popularity for something other than personal gain. MJ has always been a selfish and mean person, people should stop apologizing for his mean behavior. I think I actually will stop buying Jordans at this point. Enough is enough.

Cliffs:
-Your lazy $%$ should read more

People just assume he is the best because everyone says he is.
Honestly I'd say West, Russell (jerk in real life though), Erving, Berry, Thompson, and Kobe are right up there with Jordan, but I don't believe you can compare them across eras, just as you wouldn't compare Kobe and Jordan, they are the best of their own eras (the game was different when he played, hand checking for example, thus comparison is pointless)......I'm done buying Jordans, so Jason Whitlock already has my support, but the kids who still buy Jordans and are the brainwashed ones, don't read/ wouldn't care about this, so it makes no difference and it's a lost cause. I'm glad he wrote about something that would really strike people though, the world needs more people like him.

ON A SIDE NOTE, this lockout could help basketball as a whole because it will put more attention on the developing leagues in Europe and around the world and may encourage even more foreign talent to come to the NBA and will also be a money making opportunity to those leagues which do not currently receive as much attention as the NBA.....I know they will show some of Kobe's italian league games and it will be great for that market; pretty smart move by him to go (not sure if he signed yet though, last I heard there were difficulties).....I want to see what happens by Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom