Fox Sports writer: MJ is "sellout" NBA PA should "attack Jordan Brand" over lockout stance

Jordan Brand is not going downhill they eclipsed $1 Billie in sales last year...just saying!

I am a little surprised at MJ in this matter because being that he use to be a player, i dont understand why he would do this. But at the same time i am not. He is a success for a reason. People dont become successful by being nice guys. You guys heard or seen his Hall of Fame speech? It was pretty degrading and pompous. I personally never met MJ, but I know a couple of that that have, and they said he was a complete douche. One of my former employers that worked at Madison Square Garden said him and MJ was in an elevator, and MJ asked him "arent you going to ask me for my autograph?" I mean really? I dont doubt he is a arrogant prick, greedy and a complete A-hole. I respect his game and his career, personally i cant say too much.

I think we all know that Michael Jordan never was a nice guy like Magic Johnson, David Robinson or Dirk Nowitzki.
He always was rude to his teammates who did not perform well.
Indeed while people were bashing Kobe for his arrogant behavior,
MJ is actually not better in that aspect.
But returning to the topic: I think MJ is just doing what he should do as an NBA team owner,
to put forward the interest of the team and not letting it hampered by overpaid All-Stars,
who ain't there money worth and blocking the team to get more high-caliber players.

this isnt knew with jordan. this is the same reason why we liked himed to begin with. he was cut throat in games and now in business. whats the problem. hes an owner now.. the writer is the hater

Whitlock has always been an idiot in my book. Typical fox reporter. Not sure how people can actually take this article seriously.

Too many of you guys are letting emotions get in the way of business.

When a coworker gets promoted, he/she doesn't eat lunch with you anymore.
Same thing with MJ.  He's an owner now, and he's simply doing his job as an owner.

If the author dont know jordan on a personal level. How he know those things about micheal jordan. How he know Micheal Jordan is a sell out? The author is just assuming. I never met Jordan or dont even know jordan. so it would be wrong for me to judge what type of person he is.

I am not on neither side. I just will be glad when basketball comes back. Brad Miller was making 10 million a season when he was with the bulls.Chris Bosh mx contract(he dont deserved) In my opinion, i think 50/50 is fair enough.

This is no surprise to me. People always said Jordan was an a-hole as a player (shooting free throws wit his eyes closed, the push before the last shot, etc.) so why should he be any different as an owner?

im real curious as to the repercussions of all this.  theres already been a statement by an agent swearing he'll never send another one of his players to Charlotte.  i wonder what the Jordan Brand players' reaction will be; i wonder if any of them are bitter enough to leave the "team".  and a second thought: if JB loses its gusto, Team players drop, sales decline, and relevance fades ...what kind of stunts would JB do to get back sales- a return of quality materials, or maybe the return of 'Nike Air'?

yeah im just daydreaming, but what else is there to do without any nba basketball
30t6p3b.gif

I really don't know why I still support this guys products. Not because of anything nba lockout related, but because I just feel like Mike is an overall bad person. I almost feel like it's in bad taste on my part to spend my hard earned money on a guy who treats people the way he does. Sometimes I feel like selling all of my Jordans. That may be an overreaction, but I've thought about this several times.

IMO all of the team jordans been
sick.gif
 and carmelo,pual,wade sigs been
sick.gif

so I dont think it will be that hard for players to leave JB

Dudes overeacting in this thread calling MJ every name in the book

He is a team owner HIS JOB IS TO MAKE MONEY.

MJ BEEN ABOUT HIS MONEY SINCE DAY 1

Back in the day when mike was asked to support a democrat mike said Republicans buy sneaks too.

He been the same way since day 1, no fakin, no apoligies for this said or that said.

I want the lockout to end but, I'm not gonna get all emotional and blame the whole thing on Mike, and stop buying jordans. If Mike wasnt a owner this lockout would still be going on and the players would still be demanding 52.5% and the owners would be offering the 49//51 split.

Lets not act like we aint know what MJ was about, cmon now we heard the stories. He is what he is......a businessman. Is he supposed to feel sorry for players making twice an three times what he made in his prime no. How is he a sell out, Magic, Barkely, Rodman all said fold and take that deal, hell even Kobe said he would take the 50/50, are they sellouts as well?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

I really don't know why I still support this guys products. Not because of anything nba lockout related, but because I just feel like Mike is an overall bad person. I almost feel like it's in bad taste on my part to spend my hard earned money on a guy who treats people the way he does. Sometimes I feel like selling all of my Jordans. That may be an overreaction, but I've thought about this several times.
i've been buying less and less jordan products and shoes over the years.  not so much because of who he is as a person but more so because of how crappy the quality is on the majority of the shoes i've purchased.  i just can't justify supporting that, i know i'm just one person but i'm content with my own personal boycott of sorts.  i won't try and change anyone elses opinions  im just worried about how i feel in that aspect.

personality wise,  i think more and more people and kids that grew up wanting to be like mike are starting to realize who michael jordan the person really is and that while he was amazing on the basketball court, he seems like an overall crappy person.  i personally feel he played at the right time and knew how to work the media. had all the social media, twitter, youtube stuff been out in the early to mid 1990's i highly doubt he gets shielded by the media the way he did and perhaps he's seen in a somewhat different light.

This whole thing just makes me wonder why don't/didn't more people notice sooner? Mike's built his image to the point where people ignore what he does and says. That goes back to his playing days and that's how he got away with playing Yojimbo in the whole lockout thing until now. Mike could be a role model when it comes to hard work, self-motivation, pursuing excellence, and marketing. Leadership/teamwork is dicey since at times he got real out of pocket with teammates at a level past when they just messed up at basketball. Business-wise, we all know about the human rights and the product quality concerns. MJ isn't exactly Isiah Thomas dirty but he's not the unassailable Golden Boy that people have hyped him up to be.

Originally Posted by WiiDZerO

This is no surprise to me. People always said Jordan was an a-hole as a player (shooting free throws wit his eyes closed, the push before the last shot, etc.) so why should he be any different as an owner?
There are lots of stories about Jordan being an a-hole during his playing days (mostly off-court stuff) but these two things are not relevant examples. 

Jordan has always been a bad human being, money and basketball skills dont make you a good person. He is a bitter old man with a ton of hate.

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

This whole thing just makes me wonder why don't/didn't more people notice sooner? Mike's built his image to the point where people ignore what he does and says. That goes back to his playing days and that's how he got away with playing Yojimbo in the whole lockout thing until now. Mike could be a role model when it comes to hard work, self-motivation, pursuing excellence, and marketing. Leadership/teamwork is dicey since at times he got real out of pocket with teammates at a level past when they just messed up at basketball. Business-wise, we all know about the human rights and the product quality concerns. MJ isn't exactly Isiah Thomas dirty but he's not the unassailable Golden Boy that people have hyped up to be.
we didn't have all the media and there wasn't stuff like twitter where we knew pretty much everything our favorite athletes did.  if there was, i'm sure the mj steve kerr fight would've been a much bigger story and guys like stacey king (who was a bum) probably would've voiced their frustration out some way and it would've got out there for more to see.  hell the bill cartwright incident where he threatned to break jordans legs if he kept telling teammates not to pass him the ball would've been all over espn and other sites today.   one thing i'll give mike credit for however is that he knew how to work the media,  smile and give them the answers they want to hear and they'll have your back,  but if you come across as not media friendly those same people will break you down.

Originally Posted by chrisMatiC413

im real curious as to the repercussions of all this.  theres already been a statement by an agent swearing he'll never send another one of his players to Charlotte.  i wonder what the Jordan Brand players' reaction will be; i wonder if any of them are bitter enough to leave the "team".  and a second thought: if JB loses its gusto, Team players drop, sales decline, and relevance fades ...what kind of stunts would JB do to get back sales- a return of quality materials, or maybe the return of 'Nike Air'?

yeah im just daydreaming, but what else is there to do without any nba basketball
30t6p3b.gif
How about this?
The end of the sub-company Jordan Brand and the Air Jordan line becomes part of Nike Sports Wear again LOL. Then maybe you get a chance of the return of the Nike Air logos.

But the materials and quality won't increase by that cause! 

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

This whole thing just makes me wonder why don't/didn't more people notice sooner? Mike's built his image to the point where people ignore what he does and says. That goes back to his playing days and that's how he got away with playing Yojimbo in the whole lockout thing until now. Mike could be a role model when it comes to hard work, self-motivation, pursuing excellence, and marketing. Leadership/teamwork is dicey since at times he got real out of pocket with teammates at a level past when they just messed up at basketball. Business-wise, we all know about the human rights and the product quality concerns. MJ isn't exactly Isiah Thomas dirty but he's not the unassailable Golden Boy that people have hyped up to be.
we didn't have all the media and there wasn't stuff like twitter where we knew pretty much everything our favorite athletes did.  if there was, i'm sure the mj steve kerr fight would've been a much bigger story and guys like stacey king (who was a bum) probably would've voiced their frustration out some way and it would've got out there for more to see.  hell the bill cartwright incident where he threatned to break jordans legs if he kept telling teammates not to pass him the ball would've been all over espn and other sites today.   one thing i'll give mike credit for however is that he knew how to work the media,  smile and give them the answers they want to hear and they'll have your back,  but if you come across as not media friendly those same people will break you down.
The Information Age factor isn't quite as a big a factor but that's a valid point. Those stories were dropping during his playing days and we can't forget how The Jordan Rules really exposed him. Major outlets like Sports Illustrated really blew open the doors on the shady side of the Jordan Brand before it became an independent entity. That shadiness really got shine when the score on exactly how bad sweatshops are got out back in the 97/98. Nike/JB had been catching flak before that out. Most businesses put sweatshops on the same level as sexual harassment when that dropped. People were/are so caught up in the hype that he can openly get out of pocket. Iverson used to have that same kind of sway on people too. He went down because he didn't know how to work the media and teams and was lazy to boot.

The low quality of JB product and its uninspired designs are fuel enough to boycott JB.

Back
Top Bottom