Fox Sports writer: MJ is "sellout" NBA PA should "attack Jordan Brand" over lockout stance

MJ knew how to work the media because he was COACHED by a professional during his first retirement. He was secretly suspended by Stern for gambling and it gave MJ time to do all the things he needed to do before he came back. Stern and his minions aren't stupid. They KNEW that michael was a money generating machine for the NBA and that the lockout would give him time to reup. MJ is the greediest, grouchiest, and most vengeful person in the world. He's also the greatest basketball player ever. It overshadows how bad a person he might be. However, the snakes can always be better seen when the grass is cut. It's bound to happen.

Money change people. I do not expect Jordan to be the person he was in the 80s.
But i do expect him to be more reasonable and stop being a dik_head

I agree wit MJ though. So many people come in the league and don't do nothing but sit on the bench and get traded from team to team making money just sitting there. You gotta earn that paycheck.

HOW IS JORDAN BEING A SELLOUT THOUGH?

Are all the owners sellouts?

It seems the writer is trying to imply that jordan is a sellout because the black players look up to him. What does Jordan owe these guys.

I don't understand why yall so mad at this man for protecting his business interests? No business man wants to continually lose money.

Originally Posted by itrainedmichael

I agree wit MJ though. So many people come in the league and don't do nothing but sit on the bench and get traded from team to team making money just sitting there. You gotta earn that paycheck.

By the way, who drafted Adam Morrison?

No surprise here...Jordan wouldn't have been half the player he was if he had a heart so why are people shocked by his moves as an owner. If i was an owner no matter how much money I had I would always try to make as much money as possible. People have to remember Jordan left the bulls because of a supposed greedy, selfish owner who didn't want to pay the money to keep Jackson Pippen and Rodman. I'm pretty sure some of that has something to do with the stance he's taking now as an owner. Black cement 3's in Nov Concord 11's in Dec please boycott more pairs for me.

Originally Posted by Akt214

No surprise here...Jordan wouldn't have been half the player he was if he had a heart so why are people shocked by his moves as an owner. If i was an owner no matter how much money I had I would always try to make as much money as possible. People have to remember Jordan left the bulls because of a supposed greedy, selfish owner who didn't want to pay the money to keep Jackson Pippen and Rodman. I'm pretty sure some of that has something to do with the stance he's taking now as an owner. Black cement 3's in Nov Concord 11's in Dec please boycott more pairs for me.
THIS
I think it is pathetic that some people are bashing MJ after he is no player anymore and old. We all knew that he is a harsh guy and does not

treat youngsters softly. He is a rough guy like a marine, like Solid Snake in the game MGS, like Bruce Lee who was very gifted martial arts guy

but also very arrogant to many people too.

MJ is like an artist who has a typical artist behavior (uneasy, emotional, unrational).

Who care's? Are you MJ's sons? He was an awesome basketball player who inspired many basketballers

worldwide. That is what he is for me. I don't care about his personality, he is not my father.

some dudes will defend jordan even in cases where he's wrong as if they have the jumpman logo tatted on their lower back.

something i realized for a while now.

I dont know about yall, if I spend my hard earned money to wear something with someones name I hope they are at least a good person....

People stopped wearing tommy hillfiger after he made rasicts commets because they didnt want to wear the name and support a racsist.

kobe,barkely,rodman,T.O,vick,magic, all had issues happen where their products were affecting by stuff they did off the court.

Yeah I know jordan didnt rape anyone or kill dogs but im not supporting a prick..... So what he is the g.o.a.t does that mean he gets a pass for being a bad person,bad owner, bad father,bad teammate,bad friend,bad husband,bad gambler,bad tipper,rasicst?

Does his jordan brand gets a pass for raising prices,lowering quality and making ugly shoes?

Who you give your money to is who you give your power to

^^^^I totally agree with you but let's be real here...why is there a lockout? Cause of money. Owners aren't the only ones who want more money. Yeah I would have liked and expected Jordan to be on the players side but what has those players done for MJ. I don't see them begging to play for the Charlotte Bobcats. I also don't see any of us fans wishing the lockout was over so we could go to a Bobcats game. As a small market team who loses more money than they make I would take MJs stance as well.Those poor draft picks doesn't help his case but at the end of the day it's a business and I don't think he should get vilified for making a business decision.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I dont know about yall, if I spend my hard earned money to wear something with someones name I hope they are at least a good person....

People stopped wearing tommy hillfiger after he made rasicts commets because they didnt want to wear the name and support a racsist.

kobe,barkely,rodman,T.O,vick,magic, all had issues happen where their products were affecting by stuff they did off the court.

Yeah I know jordan didnt rape anyone or kill dogs but im not supporting a prick..... So what he is the g.o.a.t does that mean he gets a pass for being a bad person,bad owner, bad father,bad teammate,bad friend,bad husband,bad gambler,bad tipper,rasicst?

Does his jordan brand gets a pass for raising prices,lowering quality and making ugly shoes?

true words spoken here. however, jordans have always been a status symbol and people will buy them regardless if the quality sucks, regardless if the prices go up, regardless of anything else pretty much as well.  the madness that will occur on december 23rd will be proof of this.

however long term wise, i could see sales eventually declining in the long run.   jordan last played for the bulls in 1998,  more and more people who followed him and watched him when he was in his prime are getting older and either don't buy sneakers as much as they used to,  realize the quality sucks and refuse to pay more for inferior products, or see jordan for who he is.

aside from that a good chunk of kids in todays age and era have grown up off of kobe and lebron  and whoever else ends up being the face of the nba.  it's different watching your favorite player play live and actually watching him play then seeing highlights and old footage of them.  just like my era grew up watching jordan,  all the younger heads are growing up watching kobe and lebron.  as the years pass and jordans bulls days become more and more of a thing of the past  i see more people buying what they grew up off of and remembered watching.  subpar quality, crappy newer shoes, and crappy team jordans and stuff like fusions for the most part play a role in this as well as aside from certain retros in my opinion there's nothing really releasing from jb that's worth buying or a must have.

@doyoung  i agree with what your saying.  to me he's just a person, and seeing his track record i have no respect for him as a person.  it will never change my view on him as a basketball player but he's a crummy overall human being and no one should look up to him as a person.  that said it annoys me when dudes on here will rip a guy like kobe or lebron to shreds over a *%@!!%+$+ move which we see regularly and a good chunk of the time is justified, but when jordan does something similar he gets a free pass or it's labeled him making his teammates better.  example of that would be  dudes going in on kobe about how he treated his teammates (which again they have valid reasons to criticize him for)  yet when mj would destroy dudes like will perdue, stacey king, horace grant, bill cartwright etc regularly  it's labeled as "his will to win"  and "making his teammates better"

Saw Whitlock wrote it and was completely unsurprised to see what he said. It does seem a bit hypocritical for HIM to call someone else a sellout though. I still don't know how this guy is relevant. I knew how he was since before he wrote the Sean Taylor article.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

You know that was completely false right? He never made those comments:

"In his first-ever appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show yesterday, fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger described what it has been like to live with false rumors accusing him of being a racist for the past 10 years. "It hurt my integrity," he said, "because at the end of the day, that's all you have. And if people are going to challenge my honesty and my integrity and what I am as a person, it hurts more than anything else. Forget the money that it has cost me."

Supposedly, Hilfiger had once been kicked off the show by Winfrey herself after admitting he wished that people from non-white ethnic groups would stop buying his clothes.

It never happened, said Winfrey, cajoling her audience: "The next time somebody sends you an email or somebody mentions this rumor to you, you know what you're supposed say to them? You're supposed to say, 'That's a big fat lie."

you cannot act shocked at all with all of the stories and quotes of Jordan himself bashing his fans, its not like hes the posterchild of the owners tho so he cant take most of the flack, but yea Jordan would sell an adolescent girl to a pedophile for a couple bands, this is not news worthy

The issue with Jordan and his current statements is, during negotiations in the last lockout in '98 when the owners were singing the same song that Jordan is singing now, he told Abe Pollin "If you can't make a profit then you should sell your team", and accused owners of the exact same thing that he's doing today, not negotiating in good faith. A LOT of current players see him as a hypocrite for it, and some of the owners who are ready to get a deal done are looking at him sideways too.

Ironically I was just reading an article about how MJ made $60 million last year from endorsements!

interesting. the players and owners need to get there shizz together and lets have a season

No, he's not wrong.  You're supposed to fight for your side, whatever side you sit at you defend and fight. 

The guy who wrote this article wants attention, and he's making you guys second-guess having/keeping your Air Jordan collection.  
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

No, he's not wrong.  You're supposed to fight for your side, whatever side you sit at you defend and fight. 

The guy who wrote this article wants attention, and he's making you guys second-guess having/keeping your Air Jordan collection.  
roll.gif
was thinking the same. How weak-minded and undecided some people here are. One article and they start to make a 180 turn.
Wow, can we consider them as a true fan?

I always know that MJ is not the kindest person in the world, being very harsh to his teammates and that he cheated his wife at least once.

So? he is a human being and no human is perfect. I'm still a fan of him for what he did in basketball.

Without him as inspiration i would not have fall in love with basketball that much and i would not improve my game over the years that much.

With his comeback in 2001 he showed that even when your body is not the same like before but work hard,

you still can be good in the game.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

roll.gif
was thinking the same. How weak-minded and undecided some people here are. One article and they start to make a 180 turn.
Wow, can we consider them as a true fan?

I always know that MJ is not the kindest person in the world, being very harsh to his teammates and that he cheated his wife at least once.

So? he is a human being and no human is perfect. I'm still a fan of him for what he did in basketball.

Without him as inspiration i would not have fall in love with basketball that much and i would not improve my game over the years that much.

With his comeback in 2001 he showed that even when your body is not the same like before but work hard,

you still can be good in the game.

MJ is both the greatest basketball player ever and biggest a-hole ever; the two are not mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately sports, politics, academia, and nearly all other realms of our world are full of high performing a-holes.

I've never cared for Michael Jordan the human being, only the on-court performer - and there's nothing wrong with that.

As far as NBA players go, I'd much rather hang out with Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, or Magic Johnson than bonafide jerks like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Deron Williams, or Larry Bird.

Back
Top Bottom