Free Altec Lansing Octiv Duo Speaker for Ipod/Iphone/Ipad vol. groupon deal!

Originally Posted by djuzi05

So the "Deal" is you can order up to 5 for free and pay only $5 for shipping.

But people online are already starting to get cancellation emails as well.
 not surprised lol

But others have called Altec Lansing after they ordered and they said the deal is legit. So don't know what to believe
laugh.gif

Sigh, tells me the code is invalid.

I am on a Macbook using firefox, in case that matters

FYI...I was skeptical as well, even after I got my e-mail confirmation with $ 5.30 as my total for 4 units.
I called AltecLansing customer service & verified indeed that the order was valid.
The only issue is that the code is only good for up to 3 units, so I had them lower my order from 4 to 3 to be sure.
The woman at customer service I spoke to mentioned that several people called to see if this was legitiamte, and she assured me it was.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, but it looks legit.

http://deals.woot.com/dea...-ipod-iphone?sort=newest

Finally got to 'Redeem A Promotion Code' and got this...

[h2]Max number of uses for this promotion code has been reached[/h2]Figures.
laugh.gif

Did the confirmation email show the full price for anyone else? (did for me).. I'm going to follow up with a call tomorrow

I am freakin livid. I spent so much freakin time on the site trying to get 4, had I known the max was 3 I would have made 2 orders. How did you guys order more than 3 on a single order?

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Did the confirmation email show the full price for anyone else? (did for me).. I'm going to follow up with a call tomorrow

did you scroll all the way down? i thought that too then looked and it showed the order total

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

did you scroll all the way down? i thought that too then looked and it showed the order total
Yep - It shows $112 for the total - I did see the confirmation screen for the code before I completed the order. Lansing's phone line is blocked up right now -

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Yep - It shows $112 for the total - I did see the confirmation screen for the code before I completed the order. Lansing's phone line is blocked up right now -
Same thing happened to me. I'm salty right now.
mad.gif

You probably got charged the full amount, mine says $5 on both orders.

These sell for $50 on amazon, might sell locally for $40 and make $110 in profit
pimp.gif

Blocked up? How about I spent 40+ minutes on hold trying to get through - I'm from Toronto & the lady kept trying to get me to give up the website from where "I got the coupon code from" - seems like my fellow CDNs also jumped on this offer.

No luck though since when I went back to the Altec site to try again (my first attempt resulted in an "address verification failure" (my first clue this deal was only for US residents) I got the same message; max # of redemptions blah blah blah.

I think ALTEC should own up to this for CDN customers since I did wait out the 40 minutes on hold + I went in THROUGH THEIR CDN website link...

Hope this doesn't turn out like how the HP tablet stampede went down...

Any other CDN NTers get in on this Altec offer? Would love to hear if you got the deal. For $28 shipped to Toronto, still not bad if Altec customer service gets back to me...

Back
Top Bottom