||| FREE RUN+ 3 & iD ||| EXT Collection (pg43) |||

ShadyKay: They were PSed.  

Tomat: NICE! Is that Blue Glow on the Midsole Rim?

I'm leaning toward the Watermelons and MuStashes this time around.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

best of the group IMO...

Tomat... wow, those came out nice!

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

ShadyKay: They were PSed.  

Tomat: NICE! Is that Blue Glow on the Midsole Rim?

I figured.
Tried on the 5.0's today at Richard's Sporting Goods

Very comfy! Definitely on track to buy the 3.0 version though, as they have the bootie/sock system vs the tongue.

Thanks, Shaun!

Shady: The tongue has me hesitant to copp an FR3 (regular) because I feel the it'll always shift to the side and look awkward just like the LG1s/LunarSwifts. With those two, I always had to straighten out their tongues, and it got pretty annoying over time. 
mad.gif

Just picked these up from a store that's selling them early. They had the black, blue and red colorways as well.

This yellow is really nice, but as you can see the underlay and insole are like volt. It's not that noticeable, but it might turn some people off to them.

I haven't worn them yet so I can't comment on the comfort and performance. They felt good when I was trying them on though.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. They don't do the yellow color justice.

The volt is definitely going to turn some people off but I don't mind it at all and definitely think it makes the blues look great.

I can see that not happening on all models down the road for sure, seems like a lot of people have problems with it.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

The volt is definitely going to turn some people off but I don't mind it at all and definitely think it makes the blues look great.

I can see that not happening on all models down the road for sure, seems like a lot of people have problems with it.
For me, it did.
frown.gif

I'll purchase if I see them in ANY cw at the Clearance Store though!
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

ono: Red cw is Gym Red, so I'd think it's a bit darker than Sport Red and lighter than Maroon.

Whats the sizing on both the 5.0 and 3.0? They look like they might run small as usual.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

That Yellow pair looks so ill
pimp.gif
This.
Man, I'm really tempted to ID a red pair and a pair of "Grinches", too. Nice job, ILLustRAYt.
pimp.gif

Those yellow ones are nice. It similar to the lunareclipse 2 since it has the volt. But the LE2 is 2 tone yellow as well.

The new insole they used really makes the shoe
eek.gif
comfort wise. It really makes it feel like a lunar shoe.

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

If I am an 11 in cements what size should I get in these
Also what advantage does this shoe have over the fr 2s

probably true to size..

when I went to Niketown over the weekend, dude told me Nike made new grooves on the outsole to make more flexible... one big groove down the middle, and smaller slits around mid foot area...

Heel fit on these is definitely a lot looser than the previous model. I don't mind it but may cause issues with narrow heels.

No hype for the 3.0 v4 in here?

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

If I am an 11 in cements what size should I get in these
Also what advantage does this shoe have over the fr 2s
I saw them in person about a week or two ago. While flexing the shoe, they seemed noticeably stiffer than the FR2 in store, which also went through a "Flex Test" 
laugh.gif

Here's a picture depicting the "FREE Scale" for 2012. For this year, the FR is considered a 5.0, which make may explain why it's more stiffer than the FR2 and 1.
nike-free-2012-art-exhibition-beijing-11.jpg

Although I've only tried them on for iD fitting and haven't worn them, here's my brief eval...

PROS: 
- Better "lockdown" fit along the midfoot due to the Dynamic Fit "Fingers"/Post
- Insole.
- *Stiffer. If you want a more stable ride for your runs (longer distances?), the FR3 > FR2 > FR1.

CONS:
- The tongue. It would make it feel like almost every other sneaker.
- Volt DF Post/Piece/Fingers. They ruined most of the GR cws, imo, especially the hues outside Yellow-Volt. I guess they REALLY wanted to highlight the new feature. 
eyes.gif

- The laces. If you have the DF system, Nike should've supplied us with round/oval laces, which would eliminate the "twisting" of the current flat laces.
- *Stiffer. It's stiffer than the FR2. If you like the flexibility, which I do, don't expect these to be as flexible as the FR1 or 2. FR1 > FR2 > FR3

With that said, I'm not into these, as I was with the FR2s. However, I see myself grabbing one or two GRs strictly for running and a few iDs (3.0 uppers).

EBW: I'm diggin' the design on the 3.0 V4s more than the FR3, but the GR cws aren't catching my interest.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Heel fit on these is definitely a lot looser than the previous model. I don't mind it but may cause issues with narrow heels.

No hype for the 3.0 v4 in here?

All I'm looking forward to.
happy.gif

Ray, just don't give up on them until you try them out because you still do run and in frees or is that strictly lunar? Can't remember because I haven't been in the showcase thread where I used to read about your mileage.

And I feel you about theirs for the 3.0...

Back
Top Bottom