Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

if i gotta jump through hoops or pay more then i want
im going to pass

if can i give my new connect a few bucks or get them easy on eastbay then i'll buy this shoe

Ok 1 .. and u can have those ugly things for 225 lol.

Like seandon said '88s were suppose to be limited but thet restocked and i honestly believe the only reason they were $200 is because of the significane of the NA and MJs bday was close. It was all marketing and they knew people would eat it up regardless of the price.

Only other shoe that has released so far with a markup was the 11s in dec and we all know how many times those have been restocked, oh and the 13s got a $10 increase but not limited
yea i was gonna say the same thing. lab 5s are hidious even tho there supposedly limited jb cant pay me to wear those. me personally i hate the elephant print but thats just me. i dont want those ugly lab 5s i was just giving an example.

They were at a good amount of spots in ATL but I never found out the actual numbers each store had.  I thought it weird because other areas in the country people were reporting that they were very difficult to track down.  Some said their town didn't even get them.

Not for nothin, & this is only my opinion, but wit the current state of the sneaker game, wit reselling being soo common nowadays Nike knows they can keep increasing the price little by little & we will ***** & complain but still buy up everything that comes out. They know that their sneakers are being resold on eBay,instagram, consignment shops etc. for prices $200 & well over that, sometimes certain kicks selling for over $1,000, that we are more than willing to shell out huge amounts of money for their shoes. And as long as that continues, we are going to continue to see prices increase over time. We have to be a lil more disciplined & not allow 3rd parties to buy up large amounts (or even single pairs for that matter) of sneakers jus to turn around and sell em to us for a $50 profit or more jus because we "must have" that sneaker. I say it to alot of my friends, if we hold off n dont buy off of these people/sites, eventually they will be stuck wit a ton of kicks that they dont want/need because either they don't want it for themself, or they really don't need 20 pair of the same sneaker in 6 different sizes. Then you will see some change. I remember & miss the days when u could jus walk into a store, sometimes after the release day, and get the kicks we wanted. Well things usually happen in cycles so eventually this will die out, but that is the only way it's gonna happen. We have to put an end to it instead of adding fuel to the fire. I'm at a point where the love I have for collecting & wearing sneakers is fading away, & instead being replaced with disgust for what is happening to a hobby which used to be soo fun n enjoyable for me. God I hope it changes sooner than later, because I am getting dangerously close to the point where I jus say enough is enough & get outta the game until things go back to normal. Oh & so this has some relevancy to this thread, I think the Bel Airs r OK, nothin too hot. But for $185 n for all the hype thats gonna surround them, I can already tell I'll be passin on that release

love the grey on the upper still undecided bout all the other color. the fact that all shoes will have different liners is interesting maybe thats where the extra 25$ are going

Not for nothin, & this is only my opinion, but wit the current state of the sneaker game, wit reselling being soo common nowadays Nike knows they can keep increasing the price little by little & we will ***** & complain but still buy up everything that comes out. They know that their sneakers are being resold on eBay,instagram, consignment shops etc. for prices $200 & well over that, sometimes certain kicks selling for over $1,000, that we are more than willing to shell out huge amounts of money for their shoes. And as long as that continues, we are going to continue to see prices increase over time. We have to be a lil more disciplined & not allow 3rd parties to buy up large amounts (or even single pairs for that matter) of sneakers jus to turn around and sell em to us for a $50 profit or more jus because we "must have" that sneaker. I say it to alot of my friends, if we hold off n dont buy off of these people/sites, eventually they will be stuck wit a ton of kicks that they dont want/need because either they don't want it for themself, or they really don't need 20 pair of the same sneaker in 6 different sizes. Then you will see some change. I remember & miss the days when u could jus walk into a store, sometimes after the release day, and get the kicks we wanted. Well things usually happen in cycles so eventually this will die out, but that is the only way it's gonna happen. We have to put an end to it instead of adding fuel to the fire. I'm at a point where the love I have for collecting & wearing sneakers is fading away, & instead being replaced with disgust for what is happening to a hobby which used to be soo fun n enjoyable for me. God I hope it changes sooner than later, because I am getting dangerously close to the point where I jus say enough is enough & get outta the game until things go back to normal. Oh & so this has some relevancy to this thread, I think the Bel Airs r OK, nothin too hot. But for $185 n for all the hype thats gonna surround them, I can already tell I'll be passin on that release
Beatin a dead horse man .. thats not happening, its been mentioned time and time again but no change. And when ppl keep throwing references of "i remember when" etc, well that time has come and gone my friend, basically like the one person in your family every time you see them they keep telling you the same ole tired story.

just sayin

I'm just hoping Nike doesn't make it as hard as it was with the Fear Pack for me to spend my hard earned money, why Nike, why you no want my money...LOL

how many limited kicks have had a price increase this year?
I said this already but no one is listening. TINKER HATFIELD SAID IN AN INTERVIEW THAT LIMITED KICKS ARE GOING TO BE MORE EXPENSIVE. Not just for JB but for Nike. Not sure what departments or models are affected by this.

I dont know which interview it was but i think it was in an interview with the guy from the closet collector. IDK why it took so long to implement. My guess is because of the public outcry from last year's price increase which was supposed to be a $20 price increase

Last edited:
You are right.

I guess I am wrong but I promise you tinker said that which is why I am not shocked that limited kicks are more expensive as of late.

But then again except for the NA IIIs they really just started doing this.

Last edited:
I'm not insinuating your wrong either just saying why doesn't JB do it to all Quick strikes or limited kicks they put out. Since its been proven time and time again that price wont deter buyers. They could have sold the DB 3s for a 40 dollar price mark up and they would have still sold out In minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom