Fresh Prince of Bel Air 5's?

Snap a pic with jaden smith rocking these and the kids will be all over these. Just hope I don't see will rocking these.

These could have been one of the best Jordans to release, instead Nike took an awesome idea/concept and turned it into total sh*t !
I am bummed because I am a HUGE Fresh Prince fan, sucks Nike didnt execute these as well as we all hoped.

These could have been one of the best Jordans to release, instead Nike took an awesome idea/concept and turned it into total sh*t !
I am bummed because I am a HUGE Fresh Prince fan, sucks Nike didnt execute these as well as we all hoped.
I feel you on that, best show of the 90's to me and they couldn't do better than this

I like them a lot. They are a tribute to the 90's and the bright crazy colors used in the show... what did anyone expect?

I kinda like these but I'm not gonna pay $185 for some Vs just because they may be limited. Idk how the execution could be better but either way these aren't as bad of a mess like other fresh prince customs

man i'm a lil older than most and i have nothing against non og colorways but a lot of the news stuff is horrible imo. green glows , fear pack now this crap . so glad jb is just about off of my payroll

definitely disappointed
mean.gif
 huge Fresh Prince fan and these don't really do it justice

Has anyone ever heard of inflation?

Notice how EVERYTHING keeps getting more expensive?

That's not what inflation is, nor is it how it works.

Do you know what "economies of scale" is?

As a community, it's time that we started calling a spade a spade. The reason that Nike keeps raising prices is that they are testing the "elasticity" of their products. Meaning, they are testing how much they can charge for their products, before people stop buying it. Nike, like every business, would like to sell their products for as much as they possibly can. The more elastic a product, the more you can fluctuate prices without seeing a loss in units...the less elastic, the less you can fluctuate prices.

People spend double, sometimes more on Nike products in the resell market...that's more than enough market research on elasticity.

Nike is raising their prices because the consumer is willing to spend more on it. Simple.

That's not what inflation is, nor is it how it works.

Do you know what "economies of scale" is?

As a community, it's time that we started calling a spade a spade. The reason that Nike keeps raising prices is that they are testing the "elasticity" of their products. Meaning, they are testing how much they can charge for their products, before people stop buying it. Nike, like every business, would like to sell their products for as much as they possibly can. The more elastic a product, the more you can fluctuate prices without seeing a loss in units...the less elastic, the less you can fluctuate prices.

People spend double, sometimes more on Nike products in the resell market...that's more than enough market research on elasticity.

Nike is raising their prices because the consumer is willing to spend more on it. Simple.
OG air jordans retailed for $65, they're now $130! Every 20 years money doubles, therefore Jordans are now less then they were 28 years ago when they came out. They aren't checking the elasticity of the products. THEY KNOW they could sell 11s for $300 people would buy them.

Last edited:
Oh and for the record...$185 is too much for V's, in my opinion. Add to it, the fact that the flames are pink...

I'm good. But let's see how the hype train builds...This could turn out to be another black grape debacle...Dudes wanna spend $300-$350 on them? I'll be there to collect.

Please and thank you.

There needs to be a better detailed picture, can't really tell what's going on there. But as someone said, this concept could have really been dope in honor of the 90s and the different crazy color patterns we used to see especially on the Fresh Prince.

Seems like they dropped the ball on these though. It's a shame too, I always used to love seeing Js on all the 90s sitcoms like Martin, Seinfeld Living Single etc. I don't really throw the term hype beast around because everyone is basically one in some shape or form, but with this probably being a really loud kick, and probably limited they'll def be all over this. Sucks that this sitcom and the 90s won't really get the proper homage.

lets cut the
sick.gif
fast forward 3 days before release these grew on me gonna cop posts everywhere

tongue.gif
I'm the opposite of this. I see a release that is months down the road and may say "hey, I'm gonna get those!" (Fire Red V for example), but by the time it's actually almost time for relase, I'll change my mind like "F*ck'em". I get tired of waiting after a month or so, and my attention is focused elsewhere.

A lot of people buy what's available while they're looking for kicks. The guy in mall who needs new sneakers now, doesn't really care about some Jordans that aren't coming out for 3 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom