Friends that are bums/have no goals unappreciation.

Originally Posted by potus2028

Yeah...it's called growing up...it's hard, and it's gonna happen a few more times...sometimes you just outgrow the company of certain folk...

real talk. I got a friend like this. lol hope he doesn't read this.
laugh.gif

ive cut people off with that mentality. pretty much all my friends in my innner inner circle are in school or graduated.

worst part about this is that I have a friend who think he is too good for school.

son thinks he is too genius and can be rich over night.

ego problems
smh.gif

I have a friend like this, he tried a technical school but didn't make it a semester due to his laziness. He is constantly switching part-time jobs aboutevery couple of months because he gets fired for being lazy and making bs excuses. He's that guy that always asks to borrow money, but you know hewon't pay you back, which is why I don't lend him any. Still lives with his mom and as of now has no job, I've gradually got away from hanging outwith him.
smh.gif

Im fixing my life right now. Its tough, a big problem for any young person is alcohol it messes up your priorities.

Ive been in school, but was just partying to much while in school grades were slacking, had to pick em up. Stopped working so i had more time to party(wasnt inthe right state of mind to make a decision like that). now i stopped partying to find a job. Funny how that flipped.

I had to dip out on friends, some i had to leave because they were a connection to drink, and others i had to leave because they took up my time and their lifewas what mine used to be(full time work, full time school.) So i only chill with them on weekends.

I was afraid of getting stuck in the work school situation for the next 5 6 years, that i ran from it. So now that im older, im like why i do that? haha"I could of had two years left, now i have 4"

its all about growing up!!

I got my college degree about 6 months ago, and still Im going for my second degree right now while trying to run my own business. Still, I hang out almostonly with the same crowd.

Most of my boys are still in college, cuz they had to retake some courses they failed. Some of them barely made it through hs and never even went to college,or when they went they dropped out quick. I know them for a really long time, and they are the people I feel most comfortable with and I know they got my back.I heard it a couple of times that I should change my friends, but thats not really going to happen. Im not the one to judge them and I will not drop them, whenI know they got my back, just because they arent going in the same direction as I am. Im not going to act like Im that much better just because I got acollege degree, cuz I know that they are my people. If they are your true friends than some bs like that shouldnt really matter I guess.

son your not the only heres cliffnotes about my life:
-never had a gf in my life when im 17 turning 18 next a full grown adult(i feel shy an akward when i talk to girls)
-fresh for nothing im like the only guy in my high school that strictly wears jordans
-bad grades(to lazy these days)
-get make fun of every %%%!%@% day even sophmores & freshmen(like *** this all doesn't make sense when im a junior)
i swear i sometimes feel like killing myself like seriously with a gun pointed in my head i swear i feel like a bum in my school

I had a few friends like that..
smh.gif
it seems like they wanna rely on you once they see what u got goin for yourself. its actually sad

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

stop worrying about their lives, who are you to judge? if you dont like kicking it with them then dont be fake and kick it with them

indifferent.gif
you obviously missed his point.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i got his point smart guy

If you taken such offense to it are you one of the "guys" he is talking about?

Yea, same problem, recently talked to them after about 2years. They still just sittin at home playin video games.

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

eventually they will catch up with you. you can find some new friends but always keep in touch with your old homies.
smokin.gif

exactly.

I had friends like those, I ended up cutting them..
I was just like them, but things changed and now we have nothing in common.

I wasn't trying to be harsh, but somethings gotta give, I just keep em in my prayers..

I have some friends like this. But im not goin to drop them because of this. I kind of try to set an example thats theres more out there, then hopefully theywill follow. I only want the best for em. But just because im gettin my degree doesnt make me any better then they are. They like family, and they were alwaysthere for me when i needed them, im gonna do the same. We all came form the same hood too, cant let nothin like this change that.

Originally Posted by Mikeisoriginal

son your not the only heres cliffnotes about my life:
-never had a gf in my life when im 17 turning 18 next a full grown adult(i feel shy an akward when i talk to girls)
-fresh for nothing im like the only guy in my high school that strictly wears jordans
-bad grades(to lazy these days)
-get make fun of every *#*@!@# day even sophmores & freshmen(like @*+ this all doesn't make sense when im a junior)
i swear i sometimes feel like killing myself like seriously with a gun pointed in my head i swear i feel like a bum in my school

slow down there tiger....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by teatime0315

Yeah...it's called growing up...it's hard, and it's gonna happen a few more times...sometimes you just outgrow the company of certain folk...

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Yeah, I read it. Thanks

Originally Posted by Pandar

Originally Posted by teatime0315

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Yeah, I read it. Thanks

I hope you're not serious. If you are go buy a Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul book and start setting goals.

I guess.

Homies are homies.

Because they my boys, they will support me while I try to grind upward.

And if they're not doin' nothin', then i'm failing on my end.

I know a bunch of people from my high school who aren't doing anything. They still hang out at hs parties and have no life. I'm glad all of my friendsgot out of there and moved off to college.

I have a friend that graduated from culinary school in community college and works at a restaurant now. Probably because he doesn't feel like studying atall. I still go to school and most other friends my age that still do. It's annoying how he says "who goes to school anymore?" once in a whilewhen someone talks about school. He would bag on me trying to make me feel stupid or something and I say I'm trying to get a degree, not take the easy wayout. He's always bored since he only works and I'm like his only friend to hang out with.

haha word. i have abunch of procrasinating friends aswell. they claim to wanna do things, and make 0 moves. smh. highly upsetting to hear them talk aboutfairytale @%@*.

You learn to let go of certain company as you grow older. Keep it moving and do things that push you in the right direction. In the end, its just you andlooking after others is only going to cause problems.

--Everyone has at least one friend like this.
--The important thing is not let them drag you down and just do your thing.
--In the end they still your friend, good company for parties, kickbacks, ballin up, madden/NBA2k...etc

Back
Top Bottom