From Los Angeles to New York...

cali vs ny thread in disguise
laugh.gif

go to the pink houses

go to da heights

go walk around soundview and castle hill in the bx and tell everyone that you got them 2 for 5 purple tops.

Originally Posted by Mark Madsen

go to the pink houses

go to da heights

go walk around soundview and castle hill in the bx and tell everyone that you got them 2 for 5 purple tops.
pimp.gif

if your a white dude, go to dyckman and tell some of the dr mamis that you get buns

smash some staten island skeezers

throw your money away at the overrated tourist trap known as katz deli

gas up some random skeezers on the subway

take the 3 train to the sutter avenue station and eat some chicken in fries in front of the place that popular demmand video was filmed. you might see uncle cam with a turquoise astros hat and flannel.

more helpful advice from a fellow nt member who has close ties in both LA and NY

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by youngmoney

keep ya butthole tight

indifferent.gif

cool stoneface bro
You deserved it.

But now that the comedians have had their time, I'm gonna try to give you some advice as a former St. John's student.

1. Learn the train.  It's gonna be your friend over the next 4 or 6 years.
2. Get ready for the coldest cold you've ever felt in your life come December.
3. A lot of people in NY are one uppers.  If you did it, they did it twice yesterday.  Don't sweat any hate.
4. NY broads are high maintenance but I guess so are some Cali broads so that shouldn't be too much of a change
5. Do you.  Rep where you from.  If they play "The Next Episode" or something at a party, go hard.

A couple St. John's specific words of wisdom
Eat at the law school.  They have better food but don't OD or you'll use all your points early.
Might get boring on weekends cuz people tend to go home and no commuters come.  Best to make a group of friends who live on campus and stay over the weekend.
Marillac common hour FTW especially as far as females go (this goes for the strip, which you'll learn more about as you're dorming, as well)
Theres more but it'd take all day.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

youngmoney wrote:

inspektahdeck wrote:

youngmoney wrote:

keep ya butthole tight

indifferent.gif

cool stoneface bro

You deserved it.

But now that the comedians have had their time, I'm gonna try to give you some advice as a former St. John's student.

1. Learn the train.  It's gonna be your friend over the next 4 or 6 years.
2. Get ready for the coldest cold you've ever felt in your life come December.
3. A lot of people in NY are one uppers.  If you did it, they did it twice yesterday.  Don't sweat any hate.
4. NY broads are high maintenance but I guess so are some Cali broads so that shouldn't be too much of a change
5. Do you.  Rep where you from.  If they play "The Next Episode" or something at a party, go hard.

A couple St. John's specific words of wisdom
Eat at the law school.  They have better food but don't OD or you'll use all your points early.
Might get boring on weekends cuz people tend to go home and no commuters come.  Best to make a group of friends who live on campus and stay over the weekend.
Marillac common hour FTW especially as far as females go (this goes for the strip, which you'll learn more about as you're dorming, as well)
Theres more but it'd take all day.

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Bro.

As a native New Yorker:

1) Learn the subways. All of MTA for that matter.
2) Winters can hit the teens, summers can hit triple digits. California this is not.
3) If someone is being nice to you on the streets, they want something.
4) If a chick is nice to you on the streets, she wants something.
5) Halal Carts. Live it, learn it, love it.
6) Don't yell "Reggaeton sucks" or you got them 2 for 5 purple tops. Unless you cool with at least 25 NYoricans/Colombians/Dominicans each and give you a NY Latino pass OR you cool with Freekey Zekey.
7) The high maintenance NY women myth is just that, a myth. If you're from SoCal, you should have your maintenance/fakeness radar on point by now.
glasses.gif
Ignore bums and preachers.
9) Keep It Movin'

Good luck with school playa. I'm in LA too (Compton) so I could just imagine the big move that is. Hopefully I'll take a weekend trip to NY sometime this year. If your settled in you'll have to show me around all NY. I've only been to Harlem a couple of times and thats it.

U should enjoy it overall and St.Johns is in a good area

Just learn the MTA Mind your business and everything should be good

And if anybody front on campus hoffa at me I be like 10-15 minutes away from there

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Rusty1105

St. John's in Queens.

Real NYers dont care about that part of town.

why the hate for Queens? Anyway, St. John's isn't that far from the Ave. You can haggle the price down for kicks over there. Enjoy your stay.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Diego wrote:

Rusty1105 wrote:

St. John's in Queens.

Real NYers dont care about that part of town.

why the hate for Queens? Anyway, St. John's isn't that far from the Ave. You can haggle the price down for kicks over there. Enjoy your stay.

I wasn't understanding the hate either. Lol

Put on a Yankee fitted and buy a Slice with Grape Soda.. is part of the initiation! After that Hop at the train station, take the D train to 59th then transfer to 42 and have a blast

Back
Top Bottom