FRUITVALE STATION starring Michael B. Jordan -- The Life of Oscar Grant

People do say Frisco but the uppity crowd will clown you for it. 
laugh.gif

The City or SF are more common.

Last edited:
Came up with Coog and the guys who played Oscar's friends. I tell them and everybody who will listen how proud I am. They put together something great. Please continue to support the film....I'm trying to see my boy at the big show!

Yes, buddy pulls his gun then stands up and shoots. Can't tell me he didn't realize he was holding a pistol instead of a taser. :smh:

Yes, buddy pulls his gun then stands up and shoots. Can't tell me he didn't realize he was holding a pistol instead of a taser.
mean.gif
People crack in stressful situations, but either way, what he did was murder or manslaughter at the least.

Anyways, everyone should watch this film. Definitely one of my favorites this year.

So weird that I take Fruitvale Station every day going to work

movie was wayyyy overrated. Had my expectations high. Was thoroughly unimpressed. Michael B. Jordan is cool though. I doubt he, nor this movie, will win oscars. Just nothing worthy about it. I expect good things from him in the future.

movie was wayyyy overrated. Had my expectations high. Was thoroughly unimpressed. Michael B. Jordan is cool though. I doubt he, nor this movie, will win oscars. Just nothing worthy about it. I expect good things from him in the future.

Who cares about Oscar's though? This film has gotten pretty much univerally great reviews from critics and the public alike. You'rein the small minority

Who cares about Oscar's though? This film has gotten pretty much univerally great reviews from critics and the public alike. You'rein the small minority

Uhhmmm pretty much every actor that chooses to make a movie mainstream. o_0.

It wasn't a bad film, but I just didn't see what I was gassed up to see. I heard it was a wild emotional experience. I'm fully in touch with my emotions...my heart was tugged, not even once. It was just alright. The acting was nice.

Maybe real life as a whole has desensitized me. Shrugs.

Pretty good performance by Michael B. Jordan. The cast was solid. Very sad movie. I saw my mom tear up. I almost did, but to be honest I cried when I first heard about the story. So ****** up 
mean.gif

just saw it, solid performances all around....if the movie was fictional it wouldnt be very emotional at all, but the fact this really went down and a stupid cop left a poor girl fatherless, a mother without her son and a woman without her man, really really hits you in the heart.

just saw it, solid performances all around....if the movie was fictional it wouldnt be very emotional at all, but the fact this really went down and a stupid cop left a poor girl fatherless, a mother without her son and a woman without her man, really really hits you in the heart.

Naw I disagree, it would have been sad regardless, because it did a good job of character development, so you cared about the characters regardless if they were real or not.

How many movies end on a sad note, most end with a happy ending. They cut form the hospital and you see him in the next scene with his daughter in the park or at the beach or something.

:stoneface:

Everybody walked out the theater in silence...This one of those movies I think you have to see at a theater just to see and feel ppl's reactions.

Yep

Is this coming out on Blue-ray?

Michael B. Jordan's performance is still the best of this year imo

I went out to San Francisco this weekend and had to catch the Bart from the airport.  When the train pulled into the Bay area up to Fruitvale Station I immediately took pictures of the station sign and thought about the shooting and the movie, such a tragic event. 

Back
Top Bottom