FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Black Bieber really threw me :lol: Absolutely was not expecting that :rofl:

Paperboi tryin' to kick game and take ol' girl to Benihana.... :lol: Exactly why you'll see your favorite rappers/athletes in Cheesecake Factory :lol:

I love this show.

Real ****. :rofl:

Why did the ball look gigantic in his hands when he fake tried to palm it?

If you didn't dig the first 2 eps and are calling this ep good I don't know what to say other than why you lying?

Makes no sense to claim 4 eps in a row were mediocre and keep watching. None.

I think it was me going in with HIGH expectations on how Atlanta would be represented. No, I'm not talking bout some snow on the bluff sht (although, that was REAL ATL sht)....but I came away slightly dissapointed at the casting, lingo and feel. The stories are authentic....just felt those episodes weren't "ATLANTA". Maybe if it was named something else...I woulda felt a diff way.

But the Asian YouTube, Migos in the mountains selling dope and the low hanging fruit on social commentary that the writers tried to make seem smart (like the lady with the kids in the jects) were underwhelming. I know where they were trying to go with some of the themes......but it didn't impress me.

The dinner scene however was dope. Again, this is my opinion. As a dude that calls ATL his second home. From my perspective.

Just caught the episode

Black Bieber 
laugh.gif

but that shooting range scene was too real. Darius my man 
pimp.gif

Feels like boondocks meets king of the hill meets Louie.. Folks who love more in your face stuff won't take to this.

Feels like boondocks meets king of the hill meets Louie.. Folks who love more in your face stuff won't take to this.

I feel like this show isn't as "subtle" as dudes want it to be....or the show presents itself as. It's the Childish effect.

That being said, there are a lot of things I enjoy about the show. And I have my criticisms as well. I thought this episode was well done.

I feel like this show isn't as "subtle" as dudes want it to be....or the show presents itself as. It's the Childish effect.

That being said, there are a lot of things I enjoy about the show. And I have my criticisms as well. I thought this episode was well done.
Nothing is forced on you IMO.

In the end, you're always thinking...it can be a plethora of issues they're touching on but they leave it up to the viewer to decide. 

Glover is the man. Embodiment of talent. The Bo Jackson of TV/Music.

Last edited:
Darius gonna hit a lick on the dude he left the dog with :nerd:

these days, unless you really really REALLY cool with the chick and she knows what's up.. or yall going dutch

gotta carry at least 150-200 or at least have that available ESPECIALLY if you're planning on drinking any sort of alcohol

This. This. This.

Went to a spot here in Atlanta once and tried to keep it casual with coronas, but the shorty I was with had no problems ordering up six shots of patron for the both of us and a mixed drink for herself. The bill came back at a cool $105, and although I had the money, it still stung when the waitress brought it back to me. This was at boogalou for my Atlanta heads. :lol:

My sister jus put me on.... this show has restored my faith in watching tv

There is a lot of quality tv out right now, like ongoing shows.. hell there are a lot of quality shows just on FX

Luke cage coming out on Netflix in a day or two too.. you missing out

Last edited:
This show needs to he an hour

As a fan I agree.

But i think for Gambino it's probably easier to write 30 minute episodes, he can tackle a lot more themes and situations without having to stretch out his ideas into filler scenes with nonsense.

Seems like every scene in this show has a purpose, i think if he stretched it to an hour it might not be the case anymore.
But thats just a wild guess.

Of course Id love longer episodes :smokin

If a chick is having you spend $100+ on food and drinks and she's not your girl, you a sucka and she knows it. I pray you got some action that night.

This. This. This.

Went to a spot here in Atlanta once and tried to keep it casual with coronas, but the shorty I was with had no problems ordering up six shots of patron for the both of us and a mixed drink for herself. The bill came back at a cool $105, and although I had the money, it still stung when the waitress brought it back to me. This was at boogalou for my Atlanta heads. :lol:

That used to be my spot. I was there and in the VIP so much the owners and I started to get close :lol: Started getting discounts on drinks and food, skipping the line and come in without following the dress code lol

Haven't been there in over a year. Since one of my homie almost got me caught up in some b.s.

The hookah and Sunday brunch is over price. And the drinks is kind of high.

Last edited:
he said paperboy exploits his environment so its ok for him to exploit paperboy while simultaneously exploiting that little boy

zan is a hypocrite thats all

i dont even see paperboy as exploiting his environment as he is from that environment and just rappin about his life

zan its ok for him to exploit basically anything for views

ahh i was waiting for someone to touch on this. Look at the video in the beginning of the show where paper boi is hanging out of the mail trucks with stacks of money and cash and talking about how much money he has. Now look at how he actually lives life. Mostly chilling, maybe doing a drug deal or two, but playing pool and pretty much trying to stay low key. When things start taking off for him after the shooting he lays even more low because he doesn't want all that heat. That is where he is exploiting his environment and situation to sell records. While some of what he is saying is truth a lot of it is exaggerated for entertainment, hence the word exploiting. Zan is doing the same thing, which is not only just a jab at the media and bloggers/youtubers its also taking jabs at those who appropriate cultures. The show is really dope and really deep at the same time. Is it the greatest show ever? Nah, but it definitely stands out above a lot of the stuff thats on tv now. Shout outs to DG.

Last edited:
so paper boy is exploiting his environment 
eyes.gif

not his label, not the director of his video, not the radio exploiting paper boy?

garth brooks is exploiting his environment?

katy perry/taylor swift are exploiting their environment?

how about eminem? all that rappin about how he was poor, his mom his baby mom, not exploitation?

but paperboy in his own words is just "doing him"

is he taking from his environment and not giving anything back

you already said he dont have ****

so the only way for him to not exploit his environment is to shoot videos in his apt?

with all his drugs out and straps out just to "keep it real" 
eyes.gif

so paper boy is exploiting his environment :rolleyes

not his label, not the director of his video, not the radio exploiting paper boy?

garth brooks is exploiting his environment?

katy perry/taylor swift are exploiting their environment?

how about eminem? all that rappin about how he was poor, his mom his baby mom, not exploitation?

but paperboy in his own words is just "doing him"

is he taking from his environment and not giving anything back

you already said he dont have ****

so the only way for him to not exploit his environment is to shoot videos in his apt?

with all his drugs out and straps out just to "keep it real" :rolleyes

I think thats a jab at all rappers who participate in this same farce we call music. Everybody is "trapping" and they dont even trap. Thats exploiting your environment. Everyone that grew up in the hood is not a drug dealer or even a criminal. Not everyone in the hood has been subjected to violence or police brutality. Not everyone from the hood only has entertainment as a means to get out of the hood or do better. Again, I think this was DG's jab at rap music and those who comment on rap music today. I for one love it.

Back
Top Bottom