FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

An industry plant is simply an artist that is made to appear as if they come from organic, humble beginnings but is really being funded by a label covertly.

It is a real thing. Logic was signed to DefJam for a good 2 years before it was announced...while he was making "indy" music.

This has always been my definition of a industry plant. Wiz was the same way, telling the world he was an indy artist, but already had a deal.

It's truly sad man. The infighting among black people about other peoples love lives is crazy.

Facts. Ppl wasting they time worried about what celebrities do.

Same as the females who act like all men are a certain way based on Tristan Thompson :lol: as if every man is a NBA player nationally known makin millions :smh:

How is Chance an industry plant? Son is purposely indie.

I think the closest he got was signing to OVO or that was the suggestion to him. Funny enough Drake raps about not knowing Chance at all :lol:

He is funded by some white ppl though.

And that's it right there, he has someone backing him. To be truly independent means you're responsible for a lot of that stuff (studio time, pressing up demos, marketing, show bookings, etc). I'm not an underground rapper but I listened to a lot and met a lot in the early 2000s.

And that's it right there, he has someone backing him. To be truly independent means you're responsible for a lot of that stuff (studio time, pressing up demos, marketing, show bookings, etc). I'm not an underground rapper but I listened to a lot and met a lot in the early 2000s.
I mean if you independent and reach out to ppl to fund your **** I'd still consider you independent.

Otherwise you're strictly banking on making a hit record and doing shady **** in order to get it to break.

I mean if you independent and reach out to ppl to fund your **** I'd still consider you independent.

Otherwise you're strictly banking on making a hit record and doing shady **** in order to get it to break.

Fair point. I'm just putting together pieces from my own observation. A lot of independent artists I listened to didn't really get put on until much later (Atmosphere, Dilated Peoples, Living Legends to name a few), but even then they weren't appearing in commercials or doing major tours.

That's true.

I always thought Chance got his in when he use to open up for Childish Gambino for shows and on tour.

This has always been my definition of a industry plant. Wiz was the same way, telling the world he was an indy artist, but already had a deal.
Nah. We knew Wiz had a deal before the mainstream culture did.

Funniest thing about this is the fake outrage/anger from black women...With the way he looks and dress if he had no money or fame they wouldn't give him the time of day.
Came in here to post this. They would have called him lame and weirdo but now that he's successful, they feel entitled to him? That's bull****. And it's not even like he left a black girl once he got rich to date outside his race. Then again we shouldn't expect logic from people who frequent the shaderoom's comment sections.

Funniest thing about this is the fake outrage/anger from black women...With the way he looks and dress if he had no money or fame they wouldn't give him the time of day.
talk to em
these little twitter broads aint ****

and the shade room is a detriment

Not sure if the school is accurate but are there actually confederate flags along side american flags in southern schools? I noticed both in the cafeteria in this episode.

Jesus.. they went THERE

Good god I don't want to know what the deal is with that girl

Jesus.. they went THERE

Good god I don't want to know what the deal is with that girl

She's likely bipolar. I can't speak for you, but I definitely had classmates like that.

Depressing twist in the end. Episode showed why we value appearance so much. From trying to fit in as a kid to making sure you're presentable, your clothes are important.

Back
Top Bottom