G O A T + Flight Club Merger

If you are selling the shoes..the cash portion u will receive after the shoe sells is marketprice

from a consumer standpoint the prices may seem higher..because that includes the 20% markup

Ex: lets say theres a sneaker where the market value is $100

It is on ebay for $100

On FC it will be $125

It is completely fair

*I never pay resale..so I dont really run into these type of situations

this will not affect prices whatsoever..whenever u drop shoes off they base if off of the marketprice

regardless of the platform
it sure will, B&M charges more than 9.5%, sellers sell high to make a profit from most B&M because of the 20%+ deduction's after sales. If G O A T changes that in store process to match what they have online it will be golden. G O A T had a drop off option last year here in LA which did away with the $5 seller fee, for me it was cool not because of the fee, but it made things faster for me to get my money after it sold.

If you are selling the shoes..the cash portion u will receive after the shoe sells is marketprice

from a consumer standpoint the prices may seem higher..because that includes the 20% markup

It is on ebay for $100

On FC it will be $125

It is completely fair

True that, I always take a gamble when I buy from ebay, I just flag fake kicks when I see it, with ebay you always gotta know what you are buying, which is not a good feeling. At least with StockX and G O A T, you know you are getting legit.

It is on ebay for $100

On FC it will be $125

It is completely fair

'Scuse me fancy guy

But FC doesn't compare like that in some cases. FC prices on some shoes account for more than the markup you speak of from my experience. Does this happen all the time? No. In my comparitive shopping, I've just eliminated buying from FC and use them for research purposes.

I think the high prices at Flight Club is mainly due to the percentage they take, 20% versus G O A T 9.5% plus $5 seller fee, I actually expect this to change to 9.5% also, it won't make sense to send my kicks to Flight Club anyways for a higher fee.

This man speaks the Truth!

StockX is in a good position. They shouldn't change anything about there setup. FlightClub was only good from a last resort stand point. If FlightClub was the only place with a certain pair that most other places didn't have. Then i would might consider it. But i would never buy from them because of theyre mark up in prices. FlightClub is good for the new individual, with alot of money, with little knowledge of the market.

I'm only talking from a buyers perspective. From a sellers point of view. It's going to be different. FlightClub is not the first place most of us are running to to buy kicks. They shouldve changed there business model a long time ago with them high prices. FlightClub needed this more than anybody.

Flight Club's online presence is pretty much non-existent. Flight Club is in LA and New York.

Flight Club is for convenience, celebs/athletes and for people who don't know better(tourist).
Resell in general is for the naive and extremely desperate. Those who know better and have principles hardly even want to pay absurd retail prices these days.

Man I considered applying for GOAT

Interesting move this and LVHM connecting with Stadium Goods

What role were you applying for? I been trying to network with a few GOAT people at the GOAT gallery to scope out opportunities. Really dope place to work it seems especially as they continue to scale and this merger is big news

I find this intresting, I had no idea GOAT was putting up numbers like that especially since Stock X is their main competitor and are advertised so much more. Deals can be had on Flight Club for non-hyped or slept on gems though. I do check from time to time

EDIT: Now that I think about I bet Flight Club has been having some issues in the resell market with **** like Goat/Stock X and Round Two taking potential customers. I remember Round Two was supposed to be doing a pop up with Flight Club but FC pulled out for some reason (supposedly because R2 prices undercut their own).

Last edited:
check this out...
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.33.38 PM.png

Flight club has some good deals / steals instore LA...

I copped these from FCLA back in 09' ... They're the rarest Dunk Hi's ever -FUTURA x LIVESTRONG x WHITE FLOM SAMPLES

I barely broke even when I sold them after fees

2 possible causes...

1- Associate ripped the Nike FT SAMPLE Tag off, and when I inquired about it he said that NIKE MADE THEM... he was being a douche
2 - A lot of the hypebeast websites inquired about them and Hypebeast offered to run an article on them but they wanted $$$ For the article. Then most of the hype news outlets ran articles AFTER the sale .... SUCKS!

This was the era where only Paris dunks / Kid Robot AM1's / Flom Dunks were getting Racks paid out for them

Some Adidas EQT before they were whored out were getting into the racks too

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.41.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.16 PM.png

and since NIKE Ain't collabing with Livestrong anymore that means they basically ain't never gonna' be made again

StockX is in a good position. They shouldn't change anything about there setup. FlightClub was only good from a last resort stand point. If FlightClub was the only place with a certain pair that most other places didn't have. Then i would might consider it. But i would never buy from them because of theyre mark up in prices. FlightClub is good for the new individual, with alot of money, with little knowledge of the market.

I'm only talking from a buyers perspective. From a sellers point of view. It's going to be different. FlightClub is not the first place most of us are running to to buy kicks. They shouldve changed there business model a long time ago with them high prices. FlightClub needed this more than anybody.
Care to elaborate on how they supposedly in good position? I think any one company could be that good that they don't buy other companies.

check this out...
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.33.38 PM.png

Flight club has some good deals / steals instore LA...

I copped these from FCLA back in 09' ... They're the rarest Dunk Hi's ever -FUTURA x LIVESTRONG x WHITE FLOM SAMPLES

I barely broke even when I sold them after fees

2 possible causes...

1- Associate ripped the Nike FT SAMPLE Tag off, and when I inquired about it he said that NIKE MADE THEM... he was being a douche
2 - A lot of the hypebeast websites inquired about them and Hypebeast offered to run an article on them but they wanted $$$ For the article. Then most of the hype news outlets ran articles AFTER the sale .... SUCKS!

This was the era where only Paris dunks / Kid Robot AM1's / Flom Dunks were getting Racks paid out for them

Some Adidas EQT before they were whored out were getting into the racks too

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.41.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.42.16 PM.png

and since NIKE Ain't collabing with Livestrong anymore that means they basically ain't never gonna' be made again

I have never seen that, Livestrong era was dope, those yellow bands lol.

I find this intresting, I had no idea GOAT was putting up numbers like that especially since Stock X is their main competitor and are advertised so much more. Deals can be had on Flight Club for non-hyped or slept on gems though. I do check from time to time

EDIT: Now that I think about I bet Flight Club has been having some issues in the resell market with **** like Goat/Stock X and Round Two taking potential customers. I remember Round Two was supposed to be doing a pop up with Flight Club but FC pulled out for some reason (supposedly because R2 prices undercut their own).
G O A T making major moves, I think they are definitely one to keep an eye on. I don't remember the last time i went to Flight Club, definitely not to buy anything, more like wanted to try on something to see how they fit. Flight Club just didn't evolve in my opinion, they could have done much more earlier. Round Two got a lot of potential for sure, their prices are not bad although I have never bought from them.

If I can’t get them at footlocker or the Nike store, I’m good.

The hunt for me ended years ago. New kids can have this new wave.
lol I said years ago, I actually stopped buying kicks for like three years. Wanted the Pigeon SB so bad I paid extra for them, looks like prices are going down now. Besides that, I try to maintain the same, can't get them, I just let it go. There will always be another wave.

G O A T making major moves, I think they are definitely one to keep an eye on. I don't remember the last time i went to Flight Club, definitely not to buy anything, more like wanted to try on something to see how they fit. Flight Club just didn't evolve in my opinion, they could have done much more earlier. Round Two got a lot of potential for sure, their prices are not bad although I have never bought from them.
They get alot of flack but I do appreciate the fact their kind of a grass roots shop. I've literally watched them go from a small shop in VA with no A/C to having like 4 stores between 3 states and pop ups around the world. The fact that they haggle and sale more than just sneakers is huge. Flight club is losing a ton of celebrity clientele to them. I thought Stadium Goods came out the gate with someone big backing them, they were on like every site when they opened. Only makes sense for them to link up with somebody, especially since **** may be getting limited again.

"Together, we will leverage both brands to create synergies that deliver greater efficiency blah blah blah" Do people on planet earth talk like this? Sounds like typical corporate mumbo jumbo. The ones that will be hurt the most are the ones that helped get them there in the first place. I'm a shoebie, I just made that up for shoe newbie so what do I know.

lol do people talk like this

they are just sneaker resellers :lol:

Back
Top Bottom