Game 2: Houston Rockets (5) @ Portland Trailblazers (4) 4/21 10:00EST NBATV (HOU 1-0)

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Shut the hell up Exile.

What about that OBVIOUS flop from Pryzbilla? Oden wrapping Yao and then literally SHOVING him and no technical? That fadeaway by Roy when he fell and Battier did not touch him? That last foul called on Lowry? Dude look at the replays and see that your %%$%%%@ biased opinion is full of *#%$. Portland got SEVERAL calls in favor of them.
1)That was flop, it was also a good acting job. Refs have been calling that for the last 20 years.
2)You really thought that should have been a technical on top of Blake's? As it stands that's a "hey let's break it up" situation, butyes, I would agree with you that since they already set the precedent with Blake's bull**** tech they may as well called that one too.
3) That wasn't a foul on Battier. That doesn't also mean that Roy wasn't getting bodied numerous times when he hit the paint earlier in the gamewith no foul, and on TWO of those occasions it should have been Yao.
4) You're really gonna complain about the foul on Lowry with 2 seconds left?
grin.gif
yeah, it's not like Houston would be trying to foul in that kind of situation, would they?

But all of that's irrevelent because I don't think you get the point I'm driving at here. I never said Portland didn't get a lot of calls infavor of them, but that also doesn't mean Houston didn't get dealt the exact same hand. It wasn't a well officiated game, but neither team had adistinct advantage.

I wouldn't have said a god dam thing if I hadn't read numerous people in here questioning whether the refs had rigged the game in favor of Portland,but there did happen to be a lot of criticism coming from the Houston side of this so I felt a need to point out some flaws in their argument.

Portland's 3 post players had 5 fouls each with 4 minutes left(one of them fouled out) and before Houston HAD to start fouling Portland had commited MOREfouls and shot LESS free throws than Houston. How f***ing ridiculous is it that so many of you are GENUINELY so livid that you're ready to throw a tantrum?How does that make ANY sense? Yeah. The refs decided they were gonna favor Portland in this game and they were gonna do so by trying to foul out Portland'sonly viable options against Yao. Geez, that really makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.

Think about that for a sec.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yao can take over games, but he has a hard time getting the rock when he's fronted. He's just not agile enough at 7'6. It's not about strength either though. Yao just doesn't have the footwork or quickness to fight it off.

We'll see what adjustments are made for game 3
but every team is gonna front him if he has one good game. then he's back to decent player status. that's why i didn't get all hypedup after game 1 when nate stupidly played him straight up. yao's not gonna carry this team anywhere. we need a balanced effort if we're going to getanywhere

Bottomline, the refs were blowing their whistles all night long, both ways. From the start of the game.

Thank you for the subjective opinion.

Thanks by the way to the e-gangster for telling me to to shut up because I thought it was ridiculous for people to assume that the game was rigged
indifferent.gif
Yeah that doesn't sound moronic or anything. What a jerk off.

Blazers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I didn't get to see more than a few minutes of the game here and there, due to work, but this sounded like an exciting game. Cant wait for #3.

To those saying all it took was Roy hitting for 41, and LA playing his +%! off... so what? A win is a win, and if those two players need to carry the team eachand every night, they will. They've been doing it all season.

Originally Posted by 18key

Blazers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I didn't get to see more than a few minutes of the game here and there, due to work, but this sounded like an exciting game. Cant wait for #3.

To those saying all it took was Roy hitting for 41, and LA playing his +%! off... so what? A win is a win, and if those two players need to carry the team each and every night, they will. They've been doing it all season.
they been dropping 40+ and LA dominating all season?
grin.gif

bench needs to step up and the bigs got to stay out of foul trouble

now it is time for adelman to make adjustments
grin.gif

I blame Rick Adelman for this loss. He had to know adjustments were coming for Yao and he still couldn't find a way to get him the ball. That plus all themissed freethrows hurt us. Oh well, at least we got one in Portland. Good game Blazers, see you Friday

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by 18key

Blazers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To those saying all it took was Roy hitting for 41, and LA playing his +%! off... so what? A win is a win, and if those two players need to carry the team each and every night, they will. They've been doing it all season.
they been dropping 40+ and LA dominating all season?
grin.gif

bench needs to step up and the bigs got to stay out of foul trouble

now it is time for adelman to make adjustments
grin.gif
I never said that Roy hits 40 a night, and LA dominate EVERY night, I said they have been carrying the Blazers all season
grin.gif

You're right, the bench does need to step up. Rudy and Outlaw usually account for a good amount of points, and they need to keep scoring. For how muchplaying time Outlaw got, he needed to have hit more than 3 buckets.

I was really surprised when I saw that Adelman didn't save any timeouts for the last minute of the game, too.

tough loss for us. i was irrate with the officiating from the start. i knew we were in for a long night, but if we could have executed a little better, wecould have pulled it off. artest started off smoking hot, but his shot selection fell off after that first quarter. we really should keep battier on roy.artest is good, but i think he'd be better guarding bigger people like dirk.

Took one in Portland, i would call that a success. Roy hitting like that the blazers should win. We just need to protect homecourt. We beat them twice inHouston already so lets do it agian and take control of the series

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

I blame Rick Adelman for this loss. He had to know adjustments were coming for Yao and he still couldn't find a way to get him the ball. That plus all the missed freethrows hurt us. Oh well, at least we got one in Portland. Good game Blazers, see you Friday
fronting yao has been a problem for EVERY coach who has coached yao. unless yao can go out to 20ft and bust those jumpers, fronting will be hiskryptonite. i expect the blazers to do this every game. yao will be negated. it's going to be a tough series. but portland is still too inexperienced totake this series.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Shut the hell up Exile.

What about that OBVIOUS flop from Pryzbilla? Oden wrapping Yao and then literally SHOVING him and no technical? That fadeaway by Roy when he fell and Battier did not touch him? That last foul called on Lowry? Dude look at the replays and see that your %%$%%%@ biased opinion is full of *#%$. Portland got SEVERAL calls in favor of them.
1)That was flop, it was also a good acting job. Refs have been calling that for the last 20 years.
2)You really thought that should have been a technical on top of Blake's? As it stands that's a "hey let's break it up" situation, but yes, I would agree with you that since they already set the precedent with Blake's bull**** tech they may as well called that one too.
3) That wasn't a foul on Battier. That doesn't also mean that Roy wasn't getting bodied numerous times when he hit the paint earlier in the game with no foul, and on TWO of those occasions it should have been Yao.
4) You're really gonna complain about the foul on Lowry with 2 seconds left?
grin.gif
yeah, it's not like Houston would be trying to foul in that kind of situation, would they?

But all of that's irrevelent because I don't think you get the point I'm driving at here. I never said Portland didn't get a lot of calls in favor of them, but that also doesn't mean Houston didn't get dealt the exact same hand. It wasn't a well officiated game, but neither team had a distinct advantage.

I wouldn't have said a god dam thing if I hadn't read numerous people in here questioning whether the refs had rigged the game in favor of Portland, but there did happen to be a lot of criticism coming from the Houston side of this so I felt a need to point out some flaws in their argument.

Portland's 3 post players had 5 fouls each with 4 minutes left(one of them fouled out) and before Houston HAD to start fouling Portland had commited MORE fouls and shot LESS free throws than Houston. How f***ing ridiculous is it that so many of you are GENUINELY so livid that you're ready to throw a tantrum? How does that make ANY sense? Yeah. The refs decided they were gonna favor Portland in this game and they were gonna do so by trying to foul out Portland's only viable options against Yao. Geez, that really makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.

Think about that for a sec.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

lol Blazers only won by 4 and all it took was Roy scoring 41 pts and LA playing his **# off.

Houston still got this, gotta make our free throws though.
You Rockets fans honestly watch the Blazers outside of when the Rockets played the Blazers? LA played like he usually does. Roy went over andabove, but that is not uncommon for him to do when the bench slacks, which is not all that often. The bench wont stay that dead. Now, I think the loss ofMotumbo will really affect the Rockets, it seemed to in this game. Who will the Rockets have now to play center when Yao needs a break or if he gets into foultrouble? And is it true that Motumbo said his career was over after that game?

Well atleast we know the rockets can blow them out and will in the H... And blazers playin ther best and with paid off refs barely can beat us.. Ill be at game 3 and 4..
laugh.gif
u reachin...blazers playing their best today? far from it...their role players did not play well...outlaw and blake played subpar and odenwas a non factor.

Roy was a beast, but like how the Blazers adjusted to Yao after his game 1, expect the Rockets to make adjustments for game 2. Roy will not be getting 30 onthe road in Houston, let alone 40+. And if he does, it won't be as effortless as it was tonight. Dude shot lights out. Him and LA.

Dikembe's injury stings, but it doesn't really matter. He hasn't played meaningful minutes all year, and the only reason he played in game 1 wasbecause he can match up with a Pryzbilla or an Oden. Rockets did fine without him tonight. His prescence will definitely be missed in the middle, butconsidering how non a scoring threat Pryzbilla is, and Oden not that impressive offensively eithern, Hayes and Landry can hold their ground.

The bottomline here is, going to game 3, the Blazers have been a pushover on the road for 42 games this regular season. Look at their schedule, and point out aquality win against a quality opponent. Nobody can. So what changes can they really make in two days, that they haven't over the course of a season? It is,what it is.

Houston is dominant at home, beating the Blazers twice to boot. Yao will take more then 6 shots, or whatever it was, I hope, and I expect a decisive win forgame 3. I really can't see it any other way. Just because how bad the Blazers are on a road.

They're a talented up and coming team that's going to be a mainstay out West for years to come for sure, but at the end of the day, they're stillyoung and inexperienced.

Game 1 they were shell shocked and got rocked, game 2 they limit Yao to 6 shots and the game was still a toss up going into the final minute and a half. Nowthey have to go to somebody's else's house and try to steal one. I doubt it.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Who will the Rockets have now to play center when Yao needs a break or if he gets into foul trouble?
If McMillan doesnt expose that BIG factor in the next game, he needs to be slapped. Throw Oden down low when he wont have to defend anyone and lethim scoop up rebounds and tip-ins
pimp.gif

I doubt that the Blazers can steal a game down south though. They would need Roy to hit 50 and Yao to be out with 2 amputated legs or something.

After this thread, I think I can safely say that Rocket fans are some of the maddest fans in the league.

Originally Posted by WJuN15

Well atleast we know the rockets can blow them out and will in the H... And blazers playin ther best and with paid off refs barely can beat us.. Ill be at game 3 and 4..
laugh.gif
u reachin...blazers playing their best today? far from it...their role players did not play well...outlaw and blake played subpar and oden was a non factor.

and the rockets played no where near where they can, so whats your point

The Rockets lost the game at the FT line, but the refs sure didnt help! Dudes was horrible!!! Were good tho...stole a game at the Rose Garden now we just gottaprotect home court and this one is a wrap!

It's a wrap for Portland. Reminds me of Tmac's situations in the past. If Roy has to do THAT much and BARELY pull off a win, it's not lookinggood for them.

^If Roy had to do that much and we missed 10 FTs + horrible refs, then its definitely a wrap! I'll be at game 3 at the Toyota Center! Cant WAIT!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom