Game 5: 4/27/09 Los Angeles Lakers (3) vs. Utah Jazz (1) 10:30 PM ET, 7:30 PM PT on TNT

Rick Fox done lost his mind.
roll.gif

Hoodie Choppa Suit FTL.

Purple and Gold Sombrero and all.
laugh.gif

de91d1.jpg

35a0sug.jpg

Originally Posted by franchise3

First things first, Rockets have to take care of business.

If the Rockets advance, minus this year where we got swept in the season series, Lakers/Rockets historically have been close fought games.

An uphill climb, and the cards are stacked against the Rockets, but, it's nice to see the Lakers letting the Jazz hang around the whole series pretty much. They get out to fast starts, control the game, but let the Jazz back in it pretty much every game in the series.

The difference between the Jazz and the Rockets though is the Rockets play defense.

And with defense, any ball club has a chance against anybody. Even against the Lakers.
the cavs are a better defensive team than the rockets and we had no problem scoring against them...WHEN WE PLAY WELL

if the lakers play well the rockets will lose if they rely only on their defense...I think the season series reflected that

Being on the phone with a female the WHOLE game unappreciation!!!!!

So mad...but so happy at the same time we got the win..

On to the next round!!

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by franchise3

First things first, Rockets have to take care of business.

If the Rockets advance, minus this year where we got swept in the season series, Lakers/Rockets historically have been close fought games.

An uphill climb, and the cards are stacked against the Rockets, but, it's nice to see the Lakers letting the Jazz hang around the whole series pretty much. They get out to fast starts, control the game, but let the Jazz back in it pretty much every game in the series.

The difference between the Jazz and the Rockets though is the Rockets play defense.

And with defense, any ball club has a chance against anybody. Even against the Lakers.
the cavs are a better defensive team than the rockets and we had no problem scoring against them...WHEN WE PLAY WELL

if the lakers play well the rockets will lose if they rely only on their defense...I think the season series reflected that

I agree and plus Kobe have not had that break out game yet.Gasol should be able to take advantage of this Houston team if Artest is on Odom.

I still got the Lakers in 6 if they play the Cavs in the Finals,even though the Cavs team Defense is better at this point of the playoffs,it is going come todown to Coaching.

Regular season series games, months apart means nothing come playoff time.

I mean, are the Rockets really going to shoot 28% from 3 like they did in 4 games this year against the Lakers, in a 7 game series?

Lakers are dominant at home, but so are the Rockets.

Again, the Lakers are the clear cut favorites, but the Rockets play that D. The Jazz don't play any D at all, and they were within distance pretty muchevery game. And this is without Okur for like 4 games.

Sooner or later when you let teams hang around, it'll come back to bite you somewhere along the line.

Hopefully next round. For Houston's sake.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Smh. We still haven't learned from last year. Blowing big leads & *$@@. So disappointed in the 4th.
It looked a lot like they wanted Utah to cover. Seems a lot of the Lakers put money on the Jazz. Word to Derek Fisher.
indifferent.gif

this blowing lead crap left a bad taste in my mouth.

im looking forward to the houston/portland winner. regardless of regular season records against each other, i think houston will be the tougher out.

if yao plays the way he's played so far in that portland series, that series will be a pretty tough series.

that being said, if its lakers houston lakers in 6 lakers portland lakers in 5

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Being on the phone with a female the WHOLE game unappreciation!!!!!

So mad...but so happy at the same time we got the win..

On to the next round!!
smh. same here except it was during the whole post game interviews.
devil.gif
otherwise i gotta here that "are the lakers more important than me?" YESSSSS cot dammit

I think we'll be okay, as of right now I'm not worried about blowing this game's lead.

I think the Rockets will be the same story, they'll catch us off one night but we'll take care of business handily again.

Back
Top Bottom