Game 6: Celtics @ Hawks 8:00 est ESPN {Prequel to Game 7; Boston's Exit}

this would definitely be one of the biggest upsets EVER, even bigger than last year's because the Warriors matched up well with the Mavericks and even wonthe season series; the Hawks did not this year. not even Hawks fans thought they could get it past 5 games....i'm glad to see a game 7. i think boston willpull it out in the end, but i'm hopin ATL can pull it off
pimp.gif

GO HAWKS
pimp.gif
, Boston sports taking another L would be
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
, altho i do wanna pull for my man leon
frown.gif

Does anyone who is not a fan of the Hawks or Celtics think Atlanta has a legit shot at winning in Boston.

honestly, no. well, i mean... the possibility is out there. but if i had put money on it, i'd say that with their backs against the wall and with theirgreat home crowd backing them, they win by 15+

Originally Posted by slaman16

Pierce fouls out...without gang signs
Paul Pierce can't believe he picks up his sixth foul in the middle of the fourth quarter with the Celtics trailing the Hawks.

first of all thanx for this link

and second

HOLD UP

HOLD UP

HOLD

UP

HOLD UPP

HOW THE HELL IS THAT A FOUL ON PEIRCE/????

excuse me i tuned in late but are the refs joking? am i the only one seeingpeirce a good 3 feet away from childress?

Originally Posted by BaronDavis5

Hawks are morons for even letting anyone take a shot during the last seconds, smart thing would to do would have been to foul so they get 2 shots and that was it.

A lot of coaches don't like to do that strategy, because the foul shooter could do a make one-miss one, which might lead to them getting a rebound, andhaving a better shot at beating them.

I would just rather have my team play good defense, and make the stop.

it is a great series
i'm pullin for atl
but i'm pretty sure boston will tear open a new one on sunday.

i'd really like for them not to but it's gonna be somethin fierce

who was that white chick wearing black behind the celtics bench with the amazing boobies??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and that light skinned black chick wearing the shades they keep showing??
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

If ATL wins this do you guy think it would be bigger than golden state last year?

Yes.......you have a juggernaut in the Celtics who won all the regular games against the Hawks, who had a 37-45 record, and were expected to take the seriesover them........ No one expected the Hawks to keep it real close against the Celtics until tonight.

Anyways gotta show some love and respect for my fellow Razorback Joe Johnson!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by slaman16

Pierce fouls out...without gang signs
Paul Pierce can't believe he picks up his sixth foul in the middle of the fourth quarter with the Celtics trailing the Hawks.

first of all thanx for this link

and second
HOLD UP

HOLD UP
HOLD

UP

HOLD UPP
HOW THE HELL IS THAT A FOUL ON PEIRCE/????excuse me i tuned in late but are the refs joking? am i the only one seeing peirce a good 3 feet away from childress?

PIERCE DIDNT FOUL CHILDRESS, HE GRABBED AND HELD ZAZA PSFJADOPFJAFDAF

it was a foul, he fouled Zaza. They can still call fouls away from the ball and still count the basket.

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Does anyone who is not a fan of the Hawks or Celtics think Atlanta has a legit shot at winning in Boston.

So far, every game in Boston has been a blow-out victory.

On the other hand, Atlanta is barely winning at home.

What will change, that will allow Atlanta to get the W.

Pressure on Boston?

I don't see there being much pressure with the home crowd behind them.

With that said, I see Boston advancing.

I don't think Atl has anything left in the tank. Plus, its very hard to win at Boston. Although, all the pressure is now on Boston. So, you never canreally tell.

I'd love to see the Hawks advance though.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Loving it
pimp.gif

If the Hawks pull off that elusive win Sunday Imma be proud.

proud of what? that you've been there from the start to root for them?...oh wait...
eyes.gif

even if the Celtics advance, you've got to think that they wouldn't do +%$+ against the Pistons if they were to meet them in the EasternFinals...unlike the Celtics in the playoffs, the Pistons KNOW how to play on the road and Celtics looked lackadaisical (yeah...i just said lackadaisical)playing out there...like someone else said here, Cassell should have been the one bringing the ball up the court, he was brought to Boston for situations likethat...
On another note, I find it funny how some of you guys were crying and *****ing on how KG didn't get suspended and that the NBA is going to makesure the Celtics reach the Finals, yet seem to ignore the fact that the Hawks attempted 47 free throws tonight.

Seriously.

Forty-seven.

sick.gif

final 2 possessions by boston were the worse i've seen in years.....series should enver have gone this far. game 3, if celtics didn;t miss like 15 FT,series over.

Pressure on Boston?

I think it'll be tough for Atlanta to get the win but if they adjust to win Joe gets doubled and Bibby actually does something, they have a shot.
Idont think the crowd will be much of a factor though. Game 5 you could kind of sense the crowd was a little nervous..idk

as someone rooting for the hawks, i got no problem with 47 free throws being GIVEN
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
in exchange for kg being allowed to play (im still a fanof his)

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

honestly, no. well, i mean... the possibility is out there. but if i had put money on it, i'd say that with their backs against the wall and with their great home crowd backing them, they win by 15+

Great game and great finish. I would love for ATL to win in Boston, I'm 99.99% sure that wouldn't happen but I would love to be wrong.

Come on, Celts.

7 games with the Hawks? Really. The Hawks.

I know ATL has some talent but we're talking about a team favored to win the title. This was a sweep series.

Oh well. Every Boston home game this series has been a blowout so I expect the C's to advance.

That Boston home crowd brings it. It's loud most of the game.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Come on, Celts.

7 games with the Hawks? Really. The Hawks.

I know ATL has some talent but we're talking about a team favored to win the title. This was a sweep series.

Oh well. Every Boston home game this series has been a blowout so I expect the C's to advance.

That Boston home crowd brings it. It's loud most of the game.

even if boston does win it, this was probably the last series that people expected to go 7 games, i think the hawks earned a lot of respect after game 3alone

as for boston, if there's one player in the east that can stop em its lebron and he'll be ready and rested

as long as boston doesn't lose at home in these playoffs, they should win the championship.....
laugh.gif

but seriously, boston will win game 7. refs will make sure of it. all the calls that went in favor of the hawks tonight will go against them on sunday. piercewon;t foul out. etc....

Originally Posted by IYE2

Pressure on Boston?

I think it'll be tough for Atlanta to get the win but if they adjust to win Joe gets doubled and Bibby actually does something, they have a shot.
I dont think the crowd will be much of a factor though. Game 5 you could kind of sense the crowd was a little nervous..idk

I think the key would be Bibby as well, so far he has done nothing.

One thing that I have noticed is Atlanta youth and inexperience makes them rely on the atmosphere of their home crowd to get back into games.

However, when playing in Boston they get behind and do not have the support to climb back into the game, and as a result Boston pushes the lead even further. Hence, the blow-outs in Boston.

Back
Top Bottom