GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL THREAD- Recap

YO! I kinda am. I've been thinking about it since Friday because I had them beating GTown. I'm curious to see what Bo can throw at him. DF!!!

Just let Curry score the rest of the team is garbage

no, letting Curry score is what kills you
laugh.gif

the only thing you can do is play tough D on Curry for 40 minutes (Georgetown only did it for 20) and let those other garbage players try to win the game,which they can't do.

Well i'll be at the sweet 16 midwest regional, wasnt really looking forward to a wisconsin/davidson matchup, but hey, it should be a good game

First,

Thanks and congrats to the senior class, which I absolutely include Jeff in. They restablished the tradition and the future is so bright due to them.

This post from Hoyatalk summed up my thoughts perfectly:

My expectations were of an Elite 8/Final Four run. However, this loss was not embarrassing. Being stuck with a crappy coach and struggling tomake the NIT was embarrassing. Losing out mid-level recruits who were our top targets (like Darian Townes) to other schools was embarrassing. Having transferafter transfer after transfer was embarrassing. Having an AD say annual trips to the NCAA was an "unreasonable expectation" was embarrassing. Slidingdown into irrelevance was embarrassing.

What I'm not embarrassed by:

• A program averaging 25 wins a year
  • Trip to BE semis, win the BE tourney, make the BE finals
  • Two BE regular championships in a row
  • At least two consecutive years with first round draft picks
  • A well-spoken, admired coach that gets it done on and off the court
  • Other programs coming after our assistant coaches
  • Annual top 10 recruiting classes
  • Beating out Duke, LSU and others for the #1 recruit
  • Graduating our players - players getting real degrees in legitimate majors
  • No off-the-court incidents
  • Players that are well-spoken, well-dressed and routinely praised by Jay Bilas and others

What am I not embarrassed about? Being able to proudly join in and say "We Are Georgetown" and have it mean something once again.

Roy, Jeff, Tyler, Jon and Pat; Thank You.
pimp.gif

92087772-01.jpg

blog15.jpg

639-tim-and-roy-hibbert-2.jpg

73687909.jpg

sports103.jpg

Not much else can be said about this group that hasn't already.

They'll always have their place among the top of Georgetown Basketball.

I'll be back with a look ahead to the future..

I love JT3 to death. However I hope he learned from this season, which I believe he will have.

Things that need to become evident;

1) Beat the press to score.
2) Get rid of the 5 turnovers a game that everyone sees coming.
3) Adapt the pace and system to the talent. We have the athletes to get out and run sometimes. And no Roy will force the issue. The Villanova and West Virginiagames from the BET show a glimpse of the future. We will have big men, Sims and Monroe and they will keep up and be a part of it. Roy couldn't adjustagainst Nova the first day but we kept the increased pace and you see, he adjusted.
4) More Fire; JT3 and the leftovers have to develop a killer instict. We were up 17 yesterday, don't let off, attack, attack, attack. Our talent will bebetter than everyone's use it.

Lastly, with JT3...I hope he keeps on developing players the way he has.

He has been fantastic and I wouldn't trade him for anyone, just some things I hope he has learned from, and I fully believe he will adjust.

Now with the roster...

First Dajuan, this year he didn't take the steps expected. Perhaps too much thinking on replacing Jeff, the NBA or his offseason surgery. I hope this offseason he uses to his full advantage. His handle and mid range game have to come around. IF they do, he will be unguardable. He also is too talented to limithimself to just shooting 3's.

Sapp....he's solid. I just wish he would limit the careless turnovers. I hope he emerges as the leader and brings the fire to this team and makes some ofthe more laid back members of the team to have more toughness.

Chris Wright...I have to think there is a good chance he starts next season. We all have become so used to Jon being so steady...and he'll be missed tostart the year. However there is no denying Chris is the far more talented player. His quickness and play making ability is going to be such a great asset tothe team. If his game matures, which all indications say it will...he will be special. You saw how different the offense looked in the Villanova game from himcreating plays, he adds a whole different dimension.

Vern....Have to like what you saw yesterday. He needs to get stronger and more confident. He can thrive in a more uptempo pace which we should implement nextseason. I liked how he played over the last couple games. He'll have to be a consistent and more reliable option next season as the rest of the frontlinewill be freshmen.

Rivers...well, hopefully his offense comes around. At this point, I don't know if it will. He still brings defense and will be a junior that can provideexperience. He will get minutes...but hopefully Jason Clark becomes what Rivers is with an offensive game. I still like Rivers, but he's a liability onoffense.

Freeman....like him a lot. I hope he drops about 10lbs tho, and gets some quickness back. Maybe he can move to his natural 2 spot, which would be beneficial.He can shoot, that's for sure and he showed the capability of putting the ball on the floor and attacking, which is nice to see. His handle has to improve,too many careless TO's for him too. Like Wright, he can be special.

Nikita...maybe he becomes part of the rotation, I doubt it. But there's always a place for a kid who can shoot, which supposedly he does.

Wattad...He cares. Nice to see.

Greg Monroe - I can't wait for him to step on the court. Him at the top of the offense can be
eek.gif
. His passing is incredible for his size and he can put the ball on the floor. Onething I hope he brings is intensity. I think he might be like Jeff in the sense of laid back, but on nights we need him, he just won't let us lose. Fromwhat I hear he really is a strong rebounder and shot blocker which will be great to have and something we severely lacked this season.

Chris Braswell- I think I'm going to like this kid a hell of a lot. Tough, great rebounder. Hopefully a throwback Hoya. And from what I hear he has greatfootwork and is more skilled then given credit for. His rebounding can be used immediately next season.

Henry Sims- Versatile big man, who will play the 5 spot, probably coming off the bench. From what I've read, has a great face up game, and hopefullydevelops a back to the basket game. Again, a good shot blocker. Every recruiting site seems to be high on him, came on strong this past season.

Jason Clark - A sapp type guard who adds a lot of things to team. Does everything well. Has nearly 1000 rebounds in his HS career for a GUARD playing in one ofthe tougher conferences around. Supposedly can be the best defender on the team the moment he steps on the court. Which is saying something

Hopefully Vern can become a starter and Dajuan can move back to the 3, which would be great for him. It will be interesting to see if Chris Wright starts.

I think if Chris starts...

- Wright
- Sapp
-Freeman
- Summers
- Monroe

if not,

- Sapp
- Freeman
- Summers
- Monroe
- Macklin

The future is bright. The 09 class includes Hollis Thompson and most likely Dashonte Riley...and on top of that the 2010 class is loaded in the DMV.

I believe we are scratching the surface of what can be done here, and the 4 years are a great foundation.

Back
Top Bottom