GilIIZero (Gil 20's)

Originally Posted by superman22938

the bugs bunny ones....only one pair was made in mens size...and they were given to gil....he wore them in practice once...and then they were both signed and put in one auction on ebay...i won it...

post pics then

truth,
frown.gif

i seriously thought adidas woulda came up with some better/more out there kinda colorways given the themes, collaborators, limitedness(not sure if that's aword) and talk about paying fines for not matching unis...i mean, basically an all black shoe for HALO and an all white upper LA color? i guess i was lookingfor some purple suede or metallic green or something

sorry for the long delay in pics...here are some details of the Chocolate City Gil's

inside the shoe, a "0" with the ******** feather

the detail on the Halo's is real nice as well

Originally Posted by Chad Woods

Halo's didn't get scrapped. Major in DC still has some sizes left. I was there today.

pretty sure the poster was referring to the sketch of the Halo's

Man, I was drinking a lot of Coke/Dasani to save up for those Coke Zeros. I wonder how many points they would've cost to buy.

For those wondering about balling purposes, I'll tell you my experience today and maybe it'll help you out. I'm also posting this in the Jordan,Iverson, Adidas and Nike kicks threads because it pertains to all of them.

I just joined my gym, with a beautiful basketball court and I needed new kicks to wear (I had worn the AZK1 and the LJ 3 Low, but they're both on thedownside of their careers.). I'm 6'2", 190 and a true size 12 (all of the shoes I tried on were 12 and fit me fine), no flat feet or kneeproblems, and my feet are on the wider side. I prefer cushioning I can feel - springiness on the balls of my feet when I jump, etc. - and I like low cut shoesbetter, because I enjoy the freedom of movement. In any case, that didn't make a difference because I went and tried on pretty much all mids.

So, I headed downtown and hit up Footlocker, Champs, Niketown and Adidas to find something I wanted. Money was no object. My priority was a shoe I can wear forhours on the court and gives me support while not weighing me down. Looks were second. Call me Prof K, all I wanted was court performance. Granted this is alsojust running around the store and seeing how it felt, but I've been buying shoes for a while so I'm usually spot on with regards to how a shoe willtreat me.

I tried on the Kobe 3, the LeBron 5, the Iverson 11, the Jordan 23, the BB 2, the Kobe 2K4 Huarache Laser, TS Lightspeed Mid (Howard colorway) and the TSLightswitch lows (Gilby's). Here's my quick take on them, and I'll list them from least favorite to my favorite and finish with the one I coppedand why.

LeBron 5
Definitely my least favorite out of the bunch. I appreciate that Nike is making shoes specifically for Bron, but for those of us without effed up feet andlinebacker builds, it's wasted on me. These were bulky, heavy (heaviest out of all the ones I tried on), and the cushioning wasn't anywhere near asbouncy as it should have been with double stacked and full length zoom. I also thought they looked the worst, made my feet look HUUGE and like I was wearingboats. I don't think I would wear these to play if I were being paid.

Lightspeed
These were a bit of a let down for me. They fit fine, good lockdown and support, but the insoles were lacking a bit of bounce and they just didn't havethat "special" thing I was looking for in a shoe. Pretty run of the mill for me, though they were VERY light and pretty comfortable. I wouldrecommend these to lighter cats who need a good shoe at a nice price point.

Jordan 23
Biggest disappointment of the day: There aren't too many times when you're willing to throw down 190 bones to get a piece of history, aonce-in-a-lifetime shoe. I came in expecting to get these, and walked away shaking my head. The construction was nice, the shoes looked well put together, andthe stiching and no-glue looked impressive enough. But once the shoe was in my hand it started to go to hell. They were thin, paper thin it felt like on eitherside, with a little more cush in the ankle area. I couldn't feel any bounce under my foot, either. There was absolutely nothing memorable about the shoesat all, other than the lightness (again, they were so thin and seemed cheap in that way) and looks (they looked great on my foot), but for 200 range theyshould feel great on my feet and give me better support all over.

BB2/ 2k4 Lasers (TIE)
These were pretty much the same shoe for me - same feel underfoot, same shoe construction, same experience. I like them, though they fit well and felt nice,but wasn't blown away. Cush was nice, there but not reactive, ankle support was fine (I feel like ankle support is restrictive, but to each their own),they made it to the final round, but not contenders.

TS Lightswitch
Loved these shoes - fun, well made, nice detailing, sort of springy, and cheap. Everything a good shoe should be. It was a solid brass medal

Kobe 3
The most natural shoe I've ever worn in my life, this makes the old feet-you-wear concept seem like bricks. These are sleek, comfy and natural. I thinkthey actually look the worst, but they look that way because they're made to mimic the foot, not built around it. I liked how they felt underfoot eventhough there was no bounce back, my feet felt great, and it was as comfortable as wearing a sock. Fantastic shoes, and when the white colorway drops I maystill crop a pair.

The shoes I copped are the Answer 11s
These just did it for me. I felt like they locked me down perfectly, supported my feet exactly as I wanted them to, did so without adding a lot of weight orbulk or size. I don't forget they're on like I did with the Kobes, but my feet feel fantastic in them and they had that indefinable thing I was lookingfor.

So, hopefully this helps you guys. I went in unbiased and was surprised and happy I didn't just get the 23s from eastbay. Do your work, go to the stores,and your feet will thank you.

I'll be getting the best Gil 20's the Black Presidents next week!! Hibachi's don't look too bad.

THREE ZERO Gil II Zeros drop this month. Designed by Eric So of THREE ZERO Vinyl Toy Co.

They are in this vid towards the end.

I'm kinda mad that I paid retail for the cust0mizes. The writing/erasing was a disappointment as well.

i have the customize as well, and they definately don't customize that well. erasing is such a b**ch. sometimes it'll comeoff clean...but i had a pair where i tried everything to clean off the writing, but to no avail. i even tried dry erase spray cleaner i took from work, yetthere was still a greyish stain from the pen. i don't know if it was the pen, or the material that the shoes were made out of...but just becareful ofwriting/drawing on them even though that's the concept of the shoe...

hth.

Infinite35, wheres exit 36? i want a pair of these hibachis, i love black and red sneakers. i know eastbay has the Cuba-Are, All-Stars, ********, Channel Zero,EA Sports, Vote for Gil, and Score for Schools, havent seen the Benihana ones yet

Back
Top Bottom