Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Ok....you must be a FOOL to not realize the decline in quality. 
To be honest, we're ALL fools for dropping $150+ on each pair of shoes that cost less than $15 dollars to make.
GG Nike. You will always win.

Originally Posted by eltouha

lol @ that guy who calls fusions "bad quality" just because they're fusions. i swear, half the people here don't know what the word "quality" means.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Only compliant I have is paint chipping and some squeaking on certain pairs.

then you're in luck. angelus paint will fix the first problem and baby powder the second.

Why do we need to "fix" the problem though?  When it can be prevented.

lol @ that guy who calls fusions "bad quality" just because they're fusions. i swear, half the people here don't know what the word "quality" means.

then you're in luck. angelus paint will fix the first problem and baby powder the second.

To be honest, we're ALL fools for dropping $150+ on each pair of shoes that cost less than $15 dollars to make.

I'm happy with my J's. People always need something to complain about. When I was a kid I had OG V's, VI's, VII's and VIII's and all of them fell apart in one year because they were my only pair of shoes. OG's were not as good as people think. The paint chipping does suck but most of the time its an easy fix.

I'm happy with my J's. People always need something to complain about. When I was a kid I had OG V's, VI's, VII's and VIII's and all of them fell apart in one year because they were my only pair of shoes. OG's were not as good as people think. The paint chipping does suck but most of the time its an easy fix.

Originally Posted by jamazing

Question...do you guys buy the grails you want even though the quality has gone down on the particular pair that you want? For example, if your grail is the fire red III, did you buy it even though the paint peels like crazy? A part of me wants to pick up the CDP IV's (they're one of my grails) but I've heard they crack so bad; a part of me thinks it is not even worth it. What do you guys do? Do you guys buy your "grail" even though the retro quality is pretty crappy? Or, do you risk buying an older pair that you want even though they might not be wearable for very long?

honestly the fire red iii are one of my favorites ive had at least 6-8 different pairs starting from ds & then i would let them go right before the chipping starts so yes i know about it but the shoe is just too attractive to me for me to care about paint chipping .....

Originally Posted by jamazing

Question...do you guys buy the grails you want even though the quality has gone down on the particular pair that you want? For example, if your grail is the fire red III, did you buy it even though the paint peels like crazy? A part of me wants to pick up the CDP IV's (they're one of my grails) but I've heard they crack so bad; a part of me thinks it is not even worth it. What do you guys do? Do you guys buy your "grail" even though the retro quality is pretty crappy? Or, do you risk buying an older pair that you want even though they might not be wearable for very long?

honestly the fire red iii are one of my favorites ive had at least 6-8 different pairs starting from ds & then i would let them go right before the chipping starts so yes i know about it but the shoe is just too attractive to me for me to care about paint chipping .....

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Wow, people in JB forum always whine and complain about some "good ol' days" but you are the one lining up a week early and spending ridiculous amounts of money on tennis shoes, this has been looked into so many times. Sneakerheads usually have Daddy issues in some form, "He used to buy me these" or "They would not let me have a $150 shoe to play JV Basketball in, so I had to save or earn" or "He would not let me get them, so when I grew up and moved out, I send at least $5,000-10,000 a year so I can show him, I take the bus, and have a efficiency apartment, but I showed him, and still do every time I go home"

Just think focus groups, the young male as the outsider, until status quo of youth fashion is fulfilled, social acceptance then, then purchasing in abundance, it makes so much sense when you can study yourself outside of your own ego. Remember, these are slave wage products too, I do not deny that. I have a very dear friend who is Vietnamese, and she cannot believe that her family back home has to work in factories like slaves all while her family here in Minnesota all try and "look gangsta" with black on black new era fitteds, jordans (each brother has 20 some pairs)

The counterculture system of rebellion and the outsider is what makes the male pretend to think they know what masculinity really is, only to be duped for a pair of jordans, or horribly violent sports, or video games.

Just study focus groups, and you will see this trend reappear. I am just willing to admit it.

Think about young to middle aged men 20-30 years back with classic cars, reminiscing about the "Good Ol' Days" and much about pissing off their parents (antisocial and counterculture behavior)
Or....Maybe it is because people have owned products from the earlier days and have physical proof they are better?  Sorry if you are not fortunate enough to have a nice pair of shoes from then, your loss.  For the record, no daddy problems here 
wink.gif

indifferent.gif
Are you really that much in denial??? Really examine yourself and try to distinguish yourself from your internet persona, especially your internet persona on HGH..

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by RockwellFontana

Wow, people in JB forum always whine and complain about some "good ol' days" but you are the one lining up a week early and spending ridiculous amounts of money on tennis shoes, this has been looked into so many times. Sneakerheads usually have Daddy issues in some form, "He used to buy me these" or "They would not let me have a $150 shoe to play JV Basketball in, so I had to save or earn" or "He would not let me get them, so when I grew up and moved out, I send at least $5,000-10,000 a year so I can show him, I take the bus, and have a efficiency apartment, but I showed him, and still do every time I go home"

Just think focus groups, the young male as the outsider, until status quo of youth fashion is fulfilled, social acceptance then, then purchasing in abundance, it makes so much sense when you can study yourself outside of your own ego. Remember, these are slave wage products too, I do not deny that. I have a very dear friend who is Vietnamese, and she cannot believe that her family back home has to work in factories like slaves all while her family here in Minnesota all try and "look gangsta" with black on black new era fitteds, jordans (each brother has 20 some pairs)

The counterculture system of rebellion and the outsider is what makes the male pretend to think they know what masculinity really is, only to be duped for a pair of jordans, or horribly violent sports, or video games.

Just study focus groups, and you will see this trend reappear. I am just willing to admit it.

Think about young to middle aged men 20-30 years back with classic cars, reminiscing about the "Good Ol' Days" and much about pissing off their parents (antisocial and counterculture behavior)
Or....Maybe it is because people have owned products from the earlier days and have physical proof they are better?  Sorry if you are not fortunate enough to have a nice pair of shoes from then, your loss.  For the record, no daddy problems here 
wink.gif

indifferent.gif
Are you really that much in denial??? Really examine yourself and try to distinguish yourself from your internet persona, especially your internet persona on HGH..

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

you're right, we shouldn't have to, but this problem is workable. It's just a shame that JB's decisions leave us with little choice if we cop. On top of the high prices, these few problems only cement my view that WE DON'T OWE JB ANYTHING, so the "purists" here who hate on fugazis (even if they are just as well made) are just being ridiculous.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

you're right, we shouldn't have to, but this problem is workable. It's just a shame that JB's decisions leave us with little choice if we cop. On top of the high prices, these few problems only cement my view that WE DON'T OWE JB ANYTHING, so the "purists" here who hate on fugazis (even if they are just as well made) are just being ridiculous.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

Why would you ball in 1991 tech shoes anyway?
I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.
I'm saying all these retros are being made to wear casually
Thats because they shouldnt be used to hoop in now...unless its a newer model

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

because that was your only choice back in 91

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.
I'm saying all these retros are being made to wear casually
Thats because they shouldnt be used to hoop in now...unless its a newer model

because that was your only choice back in 91

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

Hello NIKETALK,
          I've been on here the last 5 or 6 years scrolling around the JB forum, joined in 2007, but never made a post. When I found this site I didn't even know people loved sneakers as much as I did. I think I typed shoe collections in google search.
smile.gif
I'm 30 years old and have had a love for Air Jordans since second grade, about the time of the III's. I've purchased a bunch of retros, mainly II thru VI. I've read countless threads about quality, but this time I just wanted to add my thoughts. I know this has all been said before, but if you keep buying the product even though your unhappy with it.... nothing will ever change. If people let the brand know they were unhappy by not making purchases, things would shape up! I don't see this happening because they seem to be very popular with the younger generation. I wish that you younger guys and gals would understand us older folks are not trying to rain on your parade, just inform you that your being taken advantage of by a huge corporation. My most recent purchases were Mars IV's and Fire Red III's. To be honest I wasn't that excited with the III's or IV's with the paint issues like a couple pages back. When I went to the store to get a pair of Varsity Red VI's they had 3 pairs and I couldn't even make a decent pair with all 3. At that point I just gave up. There are so many nice shoes for way cheaper and of better quality materials that I feel like a moron for even thinking about retro Jordans. I just feel terrible that the brand that we all helped build repays us this way.  

Hello NIKETALK,
          I've been on here the last 5 or 6 years scrolling around the JB forum, joined in 2007, but never made a post. When I found this site I didn't even know people loved sneakers as much as I did. I think I typed shoe collections in google search.
smile.gif
I'm 30 years old and have had a love for Air Jordans since second grade, about the time of the III's. I've purchased a bunch of retros, mainly II thru VI. I've read countless threads about quality, but this time I just wanted to add my thoughts. I know this has all been said before, but if you keep buying the product even though your unhappy with it.... nothing will ever change. If people let the brand know they were unhappy by not making purchases, things would shape up! I don't see this happening because they seem to be very popular with the younger generation. I wish that you younger guys and gals would understand us older folks are not trying to rain on your parade, just inform you that your being taken advantage of by a huge corporation. My most recent purchases were Mars IV's and Fire Red III's. To be honest I wasn't that excited with the III's or IV's with the paint issues like a couple pages back. When I went to the store to get a pair of Varsity Red VI's they had 3 pairs and I couldn't even make a decent pair with all 3. At that point I just gave up. There are so many nice shoes for way cheaper and of better quality materials that I feel like a moron for even thinking about retro Jordans. I just feel terrible that the brand that we all helped build repays us this way.  

^

wow this thread MADE this man burn his 1st post........he held out for over 3 yrs wow

^

wow this thread MADE this man burn his 1st post........he held out for over 3 yrs wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom