Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

wow this thread MADE this man burn his 1st post........he held out for over 3 yrs wow

^

wow this thread MADE this man burn his 1st post........he held out for over 3 yrs wow

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

Why would you ball in 1991 tech shoes anyway?
I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.
I'm saying all these retros are being made to wear casually
Thats because they shouldnt be used to hoop in now...unless its a newer model

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

because that was your only choice back in 91

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

ok I get you now, good point. I ment that if they were made with the same mold and materials as they were when they first released they might be more comfortable, than they are now due to them being made to wear casually now

I'm not saying to ball in "1991 tech shoes" I'm just stating that in the years when Mike was playing they were made for the purpose of basketball.

I meant in the year of 2010 why would you wanna hoop in a shoe with tech from soooo many years ago

ok I get you now, good point. I ment that if they were made with the same mold and materials as they were when they first released they might be more comfortable, than they are now due to them being made to wear casually now

Really quality issues have always been an issue with Nike, and I think material now is alot less quality, but the rest of the retro market in JB made a really turn for the better in the past years (2-3)

Really quality issues have always been an issue with Nike, and I think material now is alot less quality, but the rest of the retro market in JB made a really turn for the better in the past years (2-3)

yea idk why everyone complains i think its mostly the haters that cant afford cuz i bet most of them dont even know about OGs and their qualities, there complaints aint changing nothing tho..

yea idk why everyone complains i think its mostly the haters that cant afford cuz i bet most of them dont even know about OGs and their qualities, there complaints aint changing nothing tho..

I mean the molds now are shapped more like a foot. I guess if they had more paddin or whatever yall like theyd be good for whatever i guess lol

I mean the molds now are shapped more like a foot. I guess if they had more paddin or whatever yall like theyd be good for whatever i guess lol

Originally Posted by GTEK

What is up with the acne on the mid-soles of the 09' Space Jams?
smh.gif

that "acne" was actually on retros as well as OG's 
tired.gif

its rubber drps....kinda inevitable on a shoe with that midsole

Originally Posted by GTEK

What is up with the acne on the mid-soles of the 09' Space Jams?
smh.gif

that "acne" was actually on retros as well as OG's 
tired.gif

its rubber drps....kinda inevitable on a shoe with that midsole

just because it's shaped like a foot doesnt make it better. If they added more padding your feet would just be squashed in between.
I'm able to comfortably wear my 00' Jams but when I wear my 09' I feel as if my foot doesn't fit, and it's being crushed even though they're both size 10's
It's a real shame i had to sell my 00' Jams
smh.gif

just because it's shaped like a foot doesnt make it better. If they added more padding your feet would just be squashed in between.
I'm able to comfortably wear my 00' Jams but when I wear my 09' I feel as if my foot doesn't fit, and it's being crushed even though they're both size 10's
It's a real shame i had to sell my 00' Jams
smh.gif

*still waits for more actual specific examples*
lol@"crappy point blank" comment. great contribution there, mate.

Originally Posted by eltouha

some one took the time to post pics of the newer 11s vs 00, OG 11s.

what you guys fail to realize is that even if Nike wanted to use the same materials, and make EXACT carbon copys of OG's, they wouldnt be able to.

The companys that they buy their materials from dont even make those old +** materials anymore, they are outdated.

Its not that JB is trying to save money, or skimp you guys, its the companies they get their materials from that you guys should blame, the materials just develop and change over the years.

No use crying over it.

what you guys fail to realize is that even if Nike wanted to use the same materials, and make EXACT carbon copys of OG's, they wouldnt be able to.

The companys that they buy their materials from dont even make those old +** materials anymore, they are outdated.

Its not that JB is trying to save money, or skimp you guys, its the companies they get their materials from that you guys should blame, the materials just develop and change over the years.

No use crying over it.

nice post above with a good point

Originally Posted by bigj505

yeah saw it. just trying to direct the replies back to what the op was asking for: more posts like that one. it seems the claims for bad quality is disproportionately high next to the number who can show specific examples.

nice post above with a good point

Originally Posted by bigj505

yeah saw it. just trying to direct the replies back to what the op was asking for: more posts like that one. it seems the claims for bad quality is disproportionately high next to the number who can show specific examples.

^^^ i think the point has gotten across tho.
if you read the posts, a lot of them have relevance. there is not always a need for pics and the creator of this thread has already stated he now understands why people complain.

and Darkwing Duck - you have a point but i am sure you are 100% wrong. other manufacturers (like reebok) can make spot on retros so why cant nike? also, nike does use good materials on certain shoes. they just choose to go the cheap route especially when they are guaranteed to sell out. you can check out a few nike retros that are pretty spot on compared to jordan stuff. same company. its a choice they decide to make.

^^^ i think the point has gotten across tho.
if you read the posts, a lot of them have relevance. there is not always a need for pics and the creator of this thread has already stated he now understands why people complain.

and Darkwing Duck - you have a point but i am sure you are 100% wrong. other manufacturers (like reebok) can make spot on retros so why cant nike? also, nike does use good materials on certain shoes. they just choose to go the cheap route especially when they are guaranteed to sell out. you can check out a few nike retros that are pretty spot on compared to jordan stuff. same company. its a choice they decide to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom