Giving Tip for Delivery?

I made more than minimum wage but that's not the point. If you are in any sort of service postion, you need to provide good service regardless of the pay. You supposed to do a good job because that what you are supposed to do, not because of some potential reward for doing your job.
Bingo. What world do y'all live in where you want a treat after doing what you're supossed to do? Lol
When your check depends on those rewards or you being able to pay your bills.
So you would provide poor service if you thought you wasn't getting tipped? or would you be on point everytime to put yourself in the best position to get a tip?

I made more than minimum wage but that's not the point. If you are in any sort of service postion, you need to provide good service regardless of the pay. You supposed to do a good job because that what you are supposed to do, not because of some potential reward for doing your job.

I never said they should only do a good job to get a tip.

They should always do a good job. That's just pride in your work.

I'm saying that if I know someone is getting less than minimum wage and my tips help them get by I'm going to tip them for the service they provide.

To me the $5-10 is nothing off my back but essential to them

Bingo. What world do y'all live in where you want a treat after doing what you're supossed to do? Lol
So you would provide poor service if you thought you wasn't getting tipped? or would you be on point everytime to put yourself in the best position to get a tip?
If im helping someone that wont tip when I could be helping that would best believe your QoS from me is gonna be 80% worse.

On my P's and Q's for tippers though

Cut your cable off or get a better job. Sorry, yall can't stop with that "but they need it". If they need more GET A BETTER JOB

You say it's like it's so easy. Some people have no empathy. There are college graduates with degrees in useful fields who are struggling.

Good schools too like UCLA

If I know because they've been there before ? I'm not going out of my way to provide excellent customer service if I'm getting a **** tip from them. I see it all the time and 9/10 the waitress is on the money.
After seeing it happen and you bust your *** and you get a **** tip it takes a toll on you trust me.

Last edited:

I'm saying that if I know someone is getting less than minimum wage and my tips help them get by I'm going to tip them for the service they provide.

Its not my job to help them out. that is their problem. Now if they give me good service i will tip and help out but otherwise no. It all depends. if im with my girl and all they do is run get my plate and bring it back im not tipping

I hear you.

If im helping someone that wont tip when I could be helping that would best believe your QoS from me is gonna be 80% worse.

It's just post like this that makes me believe the waiter/waitress have a part in keeping non-tippers from tipping.

So because their job sucks and they don't make enough money it's the customers duty to insure that the company's employees make a better salary?

What are delivery charges? Why do we get hit with that and than they expect tips?

lazy lazy
No there's just people as you see in this thread who simply don't believe in tipping. They believe that the waitresses and waiters work their ***** off for 4.14 cents an hour and if they don't like it they can work elsewhere.

Right on cue :lol:

Last edited:
All but like 3 states, they make at least minimum wage anyways. If their tips don't add up, their employer has to make up the difference.

You really need to work in the service industry to understand why people tip and why service workers wish to be tipped. 

mean.gif
 Its 2014 and people still give tips?

Its not my job to help them out. that is their problem. Now if they give me good service i will tip and help out but otherwise no. It all depends. if im with my girl and all they do is run get my plate and bring it back im not tipping

Of course you don't have to. It's not required.

I just personally think it's a nice thing to do. Just having a discussion, don't care about convincing anyone to tip

So because their job sucks and they don't make enough money it's the customers duty to insure that the company's employees make a better salary?

What are delivery charges? Why do we get hit with that and than they expect tips?

Not duty by any stretch. I just think it's a nice thing to do

General corporate greed and the business has to have insurance policies on those drivers.

I work delivery as a 2nd job and hourly we get 6 bucks(minimum wage is like 7.75), NO gas reimbursement.... so tipping is expected.

I'm not a scumbag so I wouldn't mess with any body's food, but if you/your location is synonymous with bad tips and I got 4 deliveries....your definitely getting last

this is always an interesting discussion to me. you have people who tip cause they pity people for being waitress/waiters. you have people who don't give a single damb and won't tip no matter what. and then you have people who tip based on how good or bad their service was. then there is this whole other side that's saying how much is enough to tip. I just feel like if you are a waiter/waitress your *** can't really afford to be treating customers different if you know you living off tips.

edit: just realized the thread went on a whole nother tangent. Tipping delivery drivers is a must, If you don't want to waste the gas to go get your food you can at least lace them with a few bucks for saving you a trip.

Last edited:
Usually u get ur food before you tip, doe. If someone was gonna piss in it, they'd do it before you shelled out your cash.
I'm not talking about restaurants I'm talking about delivery.

You don't have to and you risk nothing the initial visit

If the service sucks where you don't want to to tip, don't tip and don't go back bc of poor service
What if the reason I don't want to tip doesn't have to do with poor service? Or if I decide to give 10% instead of 20%, I shouldn't feel like I can't go back to that restaurant.

-Feels obligated to tip to overcompensate for my "people" who don't tip :lol:
-To ensure they won't mess with my food next time :smh:

Never felt like tipping just because ..

Usually u get ur food before you tip, doe. If someone was gonna piss in it, they'd do it before you shelled out your cash.
I'm not talking about restaurants I'm talking about delivery.

You don't have to and you risk nothing the initial visit

If the service sucks where you don't want to to tip, don't tip and don't go back bc of poor service
What if the reason I don't want to tip doesn't have to do with poor service? Or if I decide to give 10% instead of 20%, I shouldn't feel like I can't go back to that restaurant.

-Feels obligated to tip to overcompensate for my "people" who don't tip
laugh.gif

-To ensure they won't mess with my food next time
mean.gif

Never felt like tipping just because ..
People expect to be tipped a certain amount whether or not they provide good service. In an ideal world you should be able to choose whether or not you tip and how much you tip without any repercussions. Unfortunately, the world is far from ideal. Expect to be treated based on how you tip. 

lazy lazy
No there's just people as you see in this thread who simply don't believe in tipping. They believe that the waitresses and waiters work their ***** off for 4.14 cents an hour and if they don't like it they can work elsewhere.

Right on cue :lol:
Silly people ... Still don't understand why most restaurants are including a 15% to 18% gratuity for parties of 5 and more.

The employers payless because they factor the tips. It's something that deals with customs and courtesy. Smh

Cut your cable off or get a better job. Sorry, yall can't stop with that "but they need it". If they need more GET A BETTER JOB
You make it sound so easy if they could get a better job don't you think they would ?. Why would u want to go work everyday where you know your pay depends on the gratuity of others ? You only work those type of jobs because you have too

I hear you.

It's just post like this that makes me believe the waiter/waitress have a part in keeping non-tippers from tipping.
And it's post like these that allow me to keep believing by giving you ****** service you don't come back and someone that does tip replaces you.

No problem paying for the fat cats of the company to take another trip to Muai but you can't throw the people busting their *** making around $4 before tips some extra change?

Yeah I got a table for you b, let me clean this bathroom stall up so you got a place to sit.

Last edited:
You make it sound so easy if they could get a better job don't you think they would ?. Why would u want to go work everyday where you know your pay depends on the gratuity of others ? You only work those type of jobs because you have too

Lol, so now they "have to"? Really?

Back
Top Bottom