GLobal Sidekick outage today : (

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Originally Posted by Calypso Chanta

Russ tha G wrote:

I think they should credit the entire month for the inconvenience. People's lives depend on their cell phone's consistent
service
--seriously. They should at least offer people the opportunity to opt out of their contracts with no penalties. I mean, technically, they
breached the contract by not providing the service. I'm sure they probably cover their #@# tremendously in their customer contracts, but theoretically,
that could be a huge problem for them.
if your life depends on your cell phone, then youre pathetic. The entire month? Really?
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
So if you're stranded between cities when your car breaks down, or any other comparable situation where direct communication (face-to-face) is impossible, what would you suggest we do, big shot?
people can still text and make calls during the outage. so if youre stranded big shot, you can call somebody still. its the data portion that is messed up. technically it isnt a breach of contract because they are still providing the data service to you through their website. you can also hop on aim on a computer to use it there.

so thats why i said, they will only credit you for the days during the outage and not the whole month. if they didnt have the background servers maybe, but since they have them you can still access all your info from there
just got back in the crib and i seen this dudes reply
laugh.gif
imglad doosta has sense.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i got my month, i dunno what ya talkin about.

alot of ya revealin ya self wit da type of credit ya gettin back...prepaid phones only get 5 bucks back from what i've been hearin, da monthly

plans are gettin 19.99 and 34.99 respectably.
yo how does 2 days without data equate to a month credit? were you without data for a month.

again, its a handful of people getting the month credit while everyone else is getting the 5-10 credit. the ones getting the month credit are the ones that$%+@#*% and moaned the most. plus you didnt just simply ask for the month credit, you demanded it.

smh.gif

[h1]Nationwide T-Mobile Sidekick Data Outage[/h1]
25 Comments
The number one trending topic on Twitter right now is: T-Mobile. The reason behind this number one ranking is not good news. All across the the nation T-Mobile Sidekick users are without dataaccess and currently T-Mobile does not expect to have the data outage fixed until late this weekend.

t-mobile-tweet-300x239.jpg

Many users including famous celebrity blogger, Perez Hilton are reporting that they are receiving bill credits from $35 to 3months free data from calling T-Mobile customer service to complain about the lack of data service. If you need support you can also visit the T-Mobile support forum or just stay tuned to PhoneNews.com.

Update: - T-Mobile is reporting that data access will begin to come back online tonight but that it will takeuntil at least Monday for all services to be fully restored per the update on the T-Mobile Support Forums.

"T-Mobile and Danger/Microsoft are urgently working to restore impacted services to Sidekick, and deliver them to you as quickly aspossible. Following is a status update for our valued customers:
  • We expect data services to begin gradually returning in the next couple of hours (Saturday evening)
  • Web browsing capabilities should be first accessible first; additional functions such as IM, social networking applications and email will then follow.

While we anticipate a significant portion of data services to be restored by Monday, some richer data services may lag. We sincerely apologize for theinconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work hard with Danger/Microsoft to resolve this issue. We will continue to keep you updatedas we have news to share. Thank you."

LOL. I was going to post this topic on friday morning but I Knew it'd turn into a Sidekick VS ___ Thread.
A lot of funny stuff in here tho. Keep the party going.

smh.gif
at anybody who actually considers signing into your computer to use your phone's functions to be a good remedy. The whole point of a data plan is thatit allows your phone to function like a computer--getting on the computer completely nullifies any benefit from having the data plan.

And how does that guy make sense when T-Mobile is doing what I suggested originally--give the full month credit? It would seem that my suggestion must havemade more sense to a company that may want to retain customers, while yours only made sense to another NTer...

But what do I know?

Are people getting their months credit back already? Because i called Tmobile and they said i was going to get it back.

Originally Posted by xTHA KiNGx

Are people getting their months credit back already? Because i called Tmobile and they said i was going to get it back.
i got mines today. it take 24-48 hours.

Anyone get there service back yet?

I called n they said i was gunna get some sort of credit on my bill but i didnt get an amount... I'd be surprised if it's more than $10

Back
Top Bottom