Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Yea but Hinrich's shooting, defense > Ramon and he's not bad at distributing either. That's a tough call IMO.

Edit: I said this with no knowledge of anything about his contract
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
BREAKING NEWS...WALSH IS RECRUITING NY'S FINEST PG TO THE TEAM.........SIKE
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
WHAT THE %%+%? WHY DID WE STOP GOING AT SESSIONS? WHAT IS WRONGWITH YOU DONNY
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
THIS IS JUST FRUSTRATING. GOOD YOUNG PG OUT THERE FOR CHEAP AND HE WONT MAKE A MOVE
eyes.gif
ITS HARD TO BE A KNICK FAN MAN.

KIRK > RAMON? UM NO

KIRK IS A BETTER SHOOTER BUT THATS ABOUT IT
grin.gif

IF WE STOPPED GOING AT SESSIONS...WE EITHER GOING TO SIGN NATE OR DONNY MAYBE TRYING TO PULL SOMETHING WITH THE TIMBERWOLVES FOR RUBIO
eyes.gif
ONE THING IS FOR SURE AND THAT IS WE NEED A UPGRADE AT POINT GUARD. HAVING DUHONSTART FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS IS JUST
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif

HONESTLY WE DO NOT NEED NATE. I LOVE HIM BUT PLAYERS LIKE COME ALL THE TIME MAN. I DONT KNOW WHAT WE DOING.

NEXT SEASON WILL BE A LONG SEASON IF WE DONT MAKE A MOVE THIS SUMMER
sick.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

eek.gif
eek.gif
BREAKING NEWS...WALSH IS RECRUITING NY'S FINEST PG TO THE TEAM.........SIKE
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
WHAT THE %%+%? WHY DID WE STOP GOING AT SESSIONS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DONNY
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
THIS IS JUST FRUSTRATING. GOOD YOUNG PG OUT THERE FOR CHEAP AND HE WONT MAKE A MOVE
eyes.gif
ITS HARD TO BE A KNICK FAN MAN.

KIRK > RAMON? UM NO

KIRK IS A BETTER SHOOTER BUT THATS ABOUT IT
grin.gif

IF WE STOPPED GOING AT SESSIONS...WE EITHER GOING TO SIGN NATE OR DONNY MAYBE TRYING TO PULL SOMETHING WITH THE TIMBERWOLVES FOR RUBIO
eyes.gif
ONE THING IS FOR SURE AND THAT IS WE NEED A UPGRADE AT POINT GUARD. HAVING DUHON START FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS IS JUST
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
alien.gif

HONESTLY WE DO NOT NEED NATE. I LOVE HIM BUT PLAYERS LIKE COME ALL THE TIME MAN. I DONT KNOW WHAT WE DOING.

NEXT SEASON WILL BE A LONG SEASON IF WE DONT MAKE A MOVE THIS SUMMER
sick.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

I 100% agree with the Sessions part. We could get him easy if we want and he is a really good young PG, i just dont see the downside of all it. Ima b pissed ifwe dont get him
tired.gif

But i dont so much agree about Nate
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif

If we can't get Sessions I wouldn't mind Kirk Hinrich. I actually like Kirk a lot, and I think he would be a great fit for this system. I could see himbeing a poor man's Nash under D'antoni.

I have no "inside" knowledge, Im just thinkin out loud here.

I really hope the Knicks havent given up on landing Sessions, I think he would be a great fit for the team.

HOWEVER, if its true that we have backed off of trying to sign him, I wonder why, when supposedly only the Clippers were seriously interested, along withus, and they kinda backed off after landing Bassy via trade. Milwaukee seems to be OK with letting Ramon go, from what I hear, since they just took Jennings(makes sense). Also, considering he'd be gettin the MLE from what I hear, means he wouldnt be getting some crazy, outlandish money, so the deal isdecent.

Maybe, MAYBE the news of Rubio not returning to his original Spanish club one way or another (I know that doesnt guarantee he's in the NBA next season),has encouraged Walsh to give it another try at getting a deal done with Minnesota for Ricky? and thats why he maybe backed off Sessions for now?

Just throwin that out there. Me, personally? Id rather have Sessions over Rubio, yea, I said it.
laugh.gif
. Im just still not sold on Rubio man...

^i thought of that, but if minny didnt like our offers before, why would they like it now? because they have no need with rubio since they know flynn is agreat fit for them?
eh. kahn knows what he's doing, and it seems to me he has no problem letting rubio rot the bench until he gets a crazy offer.

[h1]Report: Knicks Near 5-Year Offer To Sessions[/h1]

Jul 23, 2009 8:59 PM EST

Sessions_Ramon_mil.jpg
Sources tell WAOW in Wisconsin that the Knicks are ready to offer Ramon Sessions a five-year contract.

With a first-season salary around $5.8 million, the Knicks would be using all or nearly all of their mid-level exception.

The Bucks would have seven days to match the offer sheet or let Sessions join the Knicks.

Maybe the Sessions talks aren't so dead after all.

well there was a report that said an offer of 3year was almost there. look what happened.
i hope this happens though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was thinking 3-4

but are yall ready to make him the franchise PG? I really don't know that much about him except that he's young, was wasting away in Milwaukee, andmike dantonis brother thinks he's a top PG

SO wait, locking him up for 5 years is worse than 2-3, in your (some of ya'll) opinion? This isn't an EC situation here. IMO, he'd be a niceupgrade at PG, starting or subbing, and locking him down for a good while would be a no brainer.

So if true, how many guards would we have now?

Duhon
Nate
Sessions
Douglass
Roberson? hell happened to that bum?

I really would not mind if we didnt upgrade at PG and saved some money. I can live with Duhon for another year at PG with Douglas backing him up.

^i feel the same way.
roberson was traded to the bulls during the trade deadline, and waived sometime this week (or last)

ya'll dont understand. this is the best move we can possibly make this offseason. whose gonna run the point during the 2010 season? we only have duhon for1 more year anyway and he's a back at best. if we lock up sessions now there goes our main core for the future with sessions, chandler, gallo, hill, anddouglas. Add a player like bron, wade, or amare and all of a sudden we are an eastern conference final team.

If we sign sessions for 3 years and he EXPLODES after 1-2 years then we will have to offer big money to keep him. Lock him up for 5 and he EXPLODES i call thata steal. I had him on my fantasy team when he started for a stretch of games, this guy was putting up close to triple double numbers with like 10-20 assistswith ease
eek.gif
. IMO, he has the potential to be the best PG in the east (notnamed rondo/rose) under Dantoni
pimp.gif

But we didnt get him yet, so nothing to be excited about.

I dont know if this was posted but interesting read:

Knicks' Lee expects to be dealt
Comment Email Print Share
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

LAS VEGAS -- David Lee sounded a lot Thursday like a player who expects to be playing somewhere other than New York next season.

Speaking publicly for the first time since becoming a free agent on July 1, a clearly frustrated Lee gave a strong indication that he expects to be dealt toanother team before the start of the 2009-10 season.

"At the start of this process I was really excited to be in New York, I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to work something out, but now we'reforced to start looking at different options with sign-and trades and stuff like that," Lee told ESPN.com. "I'm sure it's going to besomething we're not expecting, it's going to be something that's very complicated. But my gut would be that it's going to be difficult at thispoint to get a long-term deal done with New York, that's my gut."

"But my gut changes about every three hours, so I really have no idea."

Lee, who is sitting out Team USA's minicamp because of his unresolved contract status, said he had spoken to Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni for fiveminutes after bumping into him near the hotel elevator where the USA Basketball contingent is staying. He said the two did not delve too deeply into anydiscussions regarding Lee's free agency, but he said D'Antoni reiterated to him how he wants to have him back next season.

Lee is seeking a five- or six-year contract in the range of $50-60 million, with New York willing to spend something more in the area of $8 million per season.

The Knicks were expected to tender an offer sheet to Bucks restricted free agent Ramon Sessions earlier this week, but the lack of any developments on thatfront seemed to be a signal that New York was working to get the Lee situation resolved before moving forward on any other financial commitments past thesummer of 2010.

With the NBA's salary cap expected to shrink again next summer, the Knicks -- if they use their full mid-level exception this summer -- would be positionedto have enough cap space to make a maximum offer to only one major free agent next summer (and it is no secret that their No. 1 target is Cleveland'sLeBron James.)

"He has an agenda with his agent, and rightly so, and [Knicks president] Donnie [Walsh] has an agenda that I think everybody knows, and right nowthey're not coinciding -- and until somebody kind of changes that format, it's going to be a little bit apart," D'Antoni said. "Hopefullywe can get it changed. We're exploring everything, and we're trying to stick to our guns a little bit, and that's about it. We love David, we'dlove to have him back, but I don't think we can do it at any cost. That's what's being defined right now: What's that cost? And so far theyhaven't been able to agree on it."

Lee is one of 22 players attending Team USA's minicamp. One team insider said Lee appeared especially peeved that he would not be able to practicefollowing a dinner Wednesday night for the Team USA hopefuls competing for a handful of spots on next summer's squad that will compete for the WorldChampionship in Turkey.

Lee had declined comment throughout this month, but he finally opened up Thursday.

"I've learned a lot about the process, that's for sure. It's been frustrating. I worked hard in New York for four years. And it's one ofthose things where on paper it should be a great fit, where you turn around July 1 and say 'OK, what are we going to do to make it fair on both sides?'But it's not that easy -- especially with restricted free agency, so it's been very, very frustrating."

Lee thought the process would be complete by now because the Knicks had shed so much post-2010 salary last season in the Zach Randolph trade. But with EddyCurry and Jared Jeffries under contract for that season for almost $20 million in combined salary, Lee is getting squeezed.

"Going forward I thought I could still be a big piece of the puzzle -- and it's not as though I'm looking at a max contract, or talking abouteither me OR LeBron. I thought it was something where we could get something done and they'd still have more than enough left over for what they wanted inthe future, but apparently there's some disagreement on that -- just on how the Knicks want to move forward. And I think at this point they're notcompletely sure what they're going to do and how they want to proceed," Lee said.

Given the torrent of trade rumors he's hearing, Lee expects something to happen over the next two months that will keep him from having to accept theKnicks' qualifying offer of slightly less than $3 million, which would allow him to become an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2010.

"I know there's a lot of teams that are interested, and a lot of the teams in sign-and-trades interested in me weren't teams that had cap spacegoing into this summer. But there's still Portland with cap space, and there's still teams very interested in sign-and-trades, and there's stillNew York figuring out what they want to do."

Is the "frustration" he spoke of at least a dozen times Thursday causing him to take things personally?

"I'm not going to go with angry or disrespected, that's not the way we feel," Lee said. "I understand the Knicks have a lot of differentfactors they're considering. At this point they're looking toward the future and trying to figure out exactly what they want to do, and possibly evenconfused about what they want to do. I don't know that they're 100 percent sure right now, just from what Donnie is saying, that they 100 percent knowwhat direction they want to go in. You've seen that with the different guys [Jason Kidd and Grant Hill] they've been trying to get, and theyhaven't gotten them.

"It's no fun right now because it's the next five to six years of my life, but it should be fun to see what does come out of this."

well maybe your future would be locked up if you and your agent werent being so damn greedy asking for 10mil per year. you have no one to blame but yourself.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

ballin, good points. i totally agree, and he has potential to be greater. he'll def. succeed in this system, thats for sure.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

ya'll dont understand. this is the best move we can possibly make this offseason. whose gonna run the point during the 2010 season? we only have duhon for 1 more year anyway and he's a back at best. if we lock up sessions now there goes our main core for the future with sessions, chandler, gallo, hill, and douglas. Add a player like bron, wade, or amare and all of a sudden we are an eastern conference final team.

If we sign sessions for 3 years and he EXPLODES after 1-2 years then we will have to offer big money to keep him. Lock him up for 5 and he EXPLODES i call that a steal. I had him on my fantasy team when he started for a stretch of games, this guy was putting up close to triple double numbers with like 10-20 assists with ease
eek.gif
. IMO, he has the potential to be the best PG in the east (not named rondo/rose) under Dantoni
pimp.gif

But we didnt get him yet, so nothing to be excited about.
my mannnn... i think me and you are prob the 2 people most sold on Sessions here. i think the man is bound to be a stud. I say lock him up 5 yearsMLE $ ANY day....
pimp.gif

but also a quick fix @!%! Rondo...
wink.gif

If i were to say anybody else itd probably be Jameer Nelson or as much as i hate to say it Devin Harris. But Sessions is much more of distributor than Harrisand he can still score. Under D'Antoni i think hed be putting up monster assists #s right off the bat. I mean look at Duhon, he is not a 7 apg PG, and Nashreally shouldnt have put up 11+ apg either, all PGs assists #s inflate like crazy in this system.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

SO wait, locking him up for 5 years is worse than 2-3, in your (some of ya'll) opinion? This isn't an EC situation here. IMO, he'd be a nice upgrade at PG, starting or subbing, and locking him down for a good while would be a no brainer.

So if true, how many guards would we have now?

Duhon
Nate
Sessions
Douglass
Roberson? hell happened to that bum?
he's still posing in that hoody

Okay, nevermind, I just saw Kirk's contract
sick.gif
roll.gif
forreal. If we ARE gonna spend that $ on a player, we mightas well spend it on D Lee rather than paying Kirk all that... not saying we should pay either of them that salary though... although same for Nate im stillhoping we can work something out with Lee... Its never over til its actually over. For instance all yall were wishing Nate good bye last week, and now it lookslike he will probably stay
smile.gif

Until they both sign contracts with new teams im still hoping inside that we can work something out with them that will be fair for both sides

and sessions just turned 23? wow i thought he was at least 25-26. hes still going to get better. this will be a STEAL
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom