Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Off topic...

Duhon was in a dunk contest?? Mr. brick a right handed-left layup?

Omar Cook sighting
nerd.gif

outacontrol music

if we don't get lebron nyc will just keep it moving and continue building.

if CLE loses lebron your whole city becomes irrelevant again you might just kill yourself. At the very least you won't be posting on niketalk for quitesome time.

so shut your filthy mouth and be ghost like your boy mo williams was in the playoffs.

If we dont get Sessions b/c the Bucks decide to match the offer, should we look to get Tinsley? I think Tinsley would be a better fit than Andre Miller.

LMAO@ Omar Cook sighting...there was a time where I wanted him to sign with the knicks because I thought he would be one of the best P.G's in the NBA
laugh.gif
grin.gif
smh.gif

[h1]Agent confident Nate Robinson will stay with Knicks[/h1]
By Frank Isola & Mitch Lawrence
Daily News Sports Writers

Thursday, July 23rd 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_knicks.jpg
Keivom/News
Nate Robinson's future is up in the air, but it looks like he might be staying with the Knicks.

The agent for Knicks guard Nate Robinson said Wednesday he is confident the two sides will eventually work out a deal that will keep the guard in New York for at least one more season.

"We don't have a deal yet but we're negotiating to get a deal done with the Knicks," Aaron Goodwin said. "Nate wants to stay in New York."

Goodwin refused to discuss terms of a possible deal, but according to a Knicks source, Robinson is expected to sign a one-year contract worth between $4 million and $5 million, or at least $1 million more than his qualifying offer.

Goodwin has had talks with European clubs about Robinson, but the agent denied that he's used those conversations as leverage with the Knicks.

"We did not call up the Greek club (Olympiakos) to drum up an opportunity for Nate," he said. "They called us."

One league executive suggested that Robinson's deal is being delayed due to negotiations between the Knicks and their other restricted free agent, David Lee. For weeks, Lee's agent has made it clear he is looking for a contract that will pay his client $12 million annually.

The only team with cap space to sign Lee outright is Portland. There is also a possibility of a sign-and-trade with a number of teams. The Knicks would prefer to sign Lee to a one-year deal, which would enable them to retain his Bird Rights and also give the club flexibility for the free agent class of 2010. If Robinson were to sign for $5 million, Lee would likely ask for $10 million since, unlike Robinson, he is a full-time starter.

[h1]PACERS, GUARD CUT TIES[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]

Add Brooklyn's Jamaal Tinsley to Donnie Walsh's exploration of point guards.

Yesterday, the long-running dispute between Tinsley and the Pacers was resolved, with a settlement reached, heading off next week's arbitration hearingin New York. Tinsley, whom Walsh drafted in 2001 late in the first round and became a diamond in the rough, officially was waived by the Pacers yesterday, andif he clears waivers, will become a free agent tomorrow. Tinsley grew up in Bed-Stuy, attended Iowa State and could be amenable to returning home.

Tinsley was banished from the Pacers all season, with Indiana refusing to trade him or buy him out. Tinsley still was owed $14.7 million on his contract.According to a source, Walsh, who has been talking to the agents of Ramon Sessions and Andre Miller, will have internal discussions with his staff on whetherto pursue Tinsley, and could view him as a cheaper alternative to Miller as a one-year pickup for a portion of the mid-level exception. The Tinsley situationcould be why Walsh had been dragging his feet.

The Heat are also said to be interested in Tinsley.

"I would like to thank the Pacers for working on a resolution to this, and Jamaal and I are sorry things didn't work out," agent RaymondBrothers said in a statement.

Walsh likely would prefer Miller, but is willing to do only a one-year, $5.8 million deal and may be outbid. Walsh would have to make a long-term investmentin Sessions and is concerned about how it would affect his cap space in 2010.

"We're talking, but we haven't moved closer to a deal," Walsh said. "I'm trying to look at everything in that picture ofprotecting our cap position. Is it going to put us in a bad position or not?"

Walsh added a Sessions deal likely would have to include the player tak ing a pay de crease for 2010-11 in a back-loaded deal.

It doesn't appear as if Nate Robinson will be taking his act to Greece.

Olympiakos reportedly has moved on, supposedly disappointed Robinson did not pay the club a recruiting visit.

The Greek club was offering Robinson a deal that would be worth the equivalent of $10 million for the first year, including endorsements, merchandising andincome-tax relief. Olympiakos management apparently believed Robinson was using the offer as leverage with the Knicks, and has not made a long-term pitch forthe popular 5-foot-7½ guard.

The Raptors' Chris Bosh, a free agent in 2010, is shown on a UStream video laughing for more than a minute with his manager at the possibility ofplaying for the Knicks. A contest winner from Hofstra, Ismail Humet, had told Bosh on the phone during the taped segment he hopes he'll play for the Knicksnext season. "I always laugh it off when people ask me to come to their cities," Bosh wrote onTwitter. "I wasn't laughin' because it was the Knicks."
laugh.gif
roll.gif
grin.gif

No Tinsley. I'm tired of bad-character guys.

lol @ the Bosh thing. I still want him in NY. You have to understand that he must hear this ALL the time. Whenever he's out of Toronto all he constantlyhears is "Come to __________", I'm sure he gets it on Twitter a ton too. When I first started following him on Twitter (during the season), hewrote something like:

"Please stop sending me messages telling me to play in your city." These athletes don't get a chance to live.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Whatever... there is no sense in getting worked up at all in regards to all the rumors, all the little side comments, all the "inside sources", all of it.

I'd LOVE to see Lebron in a Knicks uniform. No doubt about that.

If he stays in Cleveland, I'll be disappointed, but I'll live.

Right now all I care about is getting our young players PT and experience. Gallinari staying healthy, Chandler adding to his game, Hill to adjust well to the NBA and for the love of God stay in shape... we already have one overweight big man. Plus try to move the bad contracts we have.

That's what interests me this season. After the season's over, THEN I worry about FA and the circus that will be Lebron's decision.
I agree...those are my only concerns as a Knicks fan this season.

A question to my fellow Team Knicks Members: Some of you guys are very adamant about adding a PG to the roster this season (ie Sessions, Miller) Would itreally kill you if Duhon ran the team again this season?!

Gery Woelfel's latest tweet is "Knicks still very much in Ramon Sessions hunt."

who knows...Getting correct info on this team is damn near impossible.

if the rumors about us stopping our pursuit for sessions are true. then #%+! donnie walsh. be prepared for another long %@*@@% season
mad.gif

Edit-Bulls are interested in lee. Lee for hinrich anyone?

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

if the rumors about us stopping our pursuit for sessions are true. then #%+! donnie walsh. be prepared for another long %@*@@% season
mad.gif

Edit-Bulls are interested in lee. Lee for hinrich anyone?

hinrich might be a good fit in ny

dont see how lee fits in with the bulls, they need alow post scorer and hes a banger, something noah does

i wouldnt mind duhon running this system again, he just needs a backup (douglas anyone?
laugh.gif
)
hinrich would be nice, but he has a pretty big contract.
lee would fit in, since bulls are interested in trading TT and noah.
i stil want sessions though/

I would much rather have Kirk then Ramon. Kirk is a better shooter and defender. He's just as good of distributor as Ramon if not better.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I would much rather have Kirk then Ramon. Kirk is a better shooter and defender. He's just as good of distributor as Ramon if not better.
I honestly disagree with all of that besides shooting...

IMO

Sessions > Kirk
Sessions potential > Kirk
Sessions as a floor general > Kirk
Sessions contract > Kirk

Kirk's contract would be a killer for next summer and he aint even CLOSE to worth it

Back
Top Bottom