Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

oh wow, you rooting for the yankees to win it all? thanks for the jinx
smh.gif

this dude lee is a chump... sure he puts up numbers but keep it real does he make a difference in the win/loss column? exactly... i like dude dont get me wrongbut i think hes a system player kind of like marion... you put him in a another team and hes blah... the most id sign him is 5-6 mil a year... hes is not ourfuture... and i hope the knicks hold out so they can give him the qualifying offer..

Originally Posted by you go boy

this dude lee is a chump... sure he puts up numbers but keep it real does he make a difference in the win/loss column? exactly... i like dude dont get me wrong but i think hes a system player kind of like marion... you put him in a another team and hes blah... the most id sign him is 5-6 mil a year... hes is not our future... and i hope the knicks hold out so they can give him the qualifying offer..
I don't get it. No one on the team right now makes a difference in the win/loss column. And I don't think he's a system player at all,he put up pretty good stats with Zeke, I just attribute to him getting better. He's a hustle player, and if he would've came out last year 10 milwouldn't be that bad for him considering the market. I wouldn't call him a chump at all. Look at it from his shoes, he just had his best year yet andput more effort on the floor then all of our bigs last year but yet Eddy is making 10 mil
sick.gif
and Al is making 10 mil as well
sick.gif

[h1]Oakley Wants to Make Knicks His Next Project[/h1]
26oakleyA-xl.jpg

Jeff Gentner/Getty Images
Charles Oakley, right, with his golf partner Michael Jordan, center, and Allan Houston in 2007.

By JOE BRESCIA

Published: July 25, 2009
Since he retired from the N.B.A. in 2004, CharlesOakley has been enjoying the good life.

Oakley, a former Knick, takes regular trips to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, where he plays golf with his buddy MichaelJordan; preparing his own cooking show, "Oak in the Kitchen," where he makes meals with celebrities like OprahWinfrey and Chris Tucker; has recently opened Red, the Steakhouse, in Miami's South Beach; and he oversees Oakley's Car Wash in Yonkers, where evenduring a down economy, "I still have my 48-hour guarantee," he said.

If your car gets dirty within 48 hours, drive back for another wash, if you can afford the gas.

But Oakley is willing to give it all up - at least for nine months a year - to return to the hard life of the hardwood as an N.B.A. assistant and help ateam with player development.

"I think I have a lot to teach these young guys," Oakley, 46, said. "Especially on the defensive end."

Oakley said his former teammate Patrick Ewing did a great job this season as an assistant with the Orlando Magic. He said he could have similar success with the Knicks, and told the team's president, DonnieWalsh, just that.

"Nowadays, you may have better athletes," he said. "But unless they're taught, they aren't going to do anything in the league. Italked with Donnie after the last home game and told him that I think I have a lot to offer this team. You can't just score more points than last yearwithout playing defense."

Oakley was considered one of the best defensive players in the league when he played, often guarding the other team's best offensive players. Althoughhe was a power forward, Oakley also covered guards and centers.

"Your offense might not be great every game," Oakley said. "But defense is just about working hard and outworking your opponents. This teamneeds a lot of work defensively, and I think I can get the job done."

The Knicks' top draft picks - forward Jordan Hill and guard Toney Douglas - were on the all-defensive teams in their college conferences and could becapable students for Oakley to work with.

"Knicks fans are the smartest in the world and they know you can't just play one end of the court," Oakley said.

Oakley said he could also teach the players how to win. He played for the Knicks from 1988 to 1998. The Knicks made the playoffs every year. The team hasnot made the postseason since 2004, but Oakley said the team was on the right track.

"Donnie has done an unbelievable job getting the Knicks under the cap," he said.

"Some fans don't understand that to win in the N.B.A., you have to have a basketball person who can evaluate talent and understand how the capworks."

Oakley said that because of Walsh's maneuvering, the team would be in a position to go after LeBronJames and other potential free agents.

"If they get LeBron, that's great," he said. "But you need to build a solid team for the long term, and Donnie is just the guy to get itdone."

Oakley said he believed a main reason the Magic got it done, reaching the N.B.A. finals, was Ewing's work with the players, especially DwightHoward.

"Patrick's doing a good job with Dwight," he said. "But he can only do so much. Dwight's got to want to take his game to the nextlevel."

Just as Ewing preaches extra work, Oakley said that he would want his players to put in long hours to hone their game.
"Some guys get by on naturalathletic ability," Oakley said. "And then when they reach a certain point, they got to put in the time before and after practice and in theoff-season. That's what made Michael Jordan so great and that's what made Kobe Bryantthe great player that he is now."

Oak
pimp.gif
He's echoing a lot of what Knicks fans have been saying. But would _'Antoni's ego allow Oak to sit on his bench? _'Antoni getsoffended when you question his tactics.

laugh.gif
@ him punkin' Tyrone Hill and Jeff McInnis.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Oak
pimp.gif
He's echoing a lot of what Knicks fans have been saying. But would _'Antoni's ego allow Oak to sit on his bench? _'Antoni gets offended when you question his tactics.

laugh.gif
@ him punkin' Tyrone Hill and Jeff McInnis.
i see what you did
laugh.gif

oakley's style of play isn't allowed in the NBA anymore.

I don't see how he can help that much to be honest. How can he teach HEART? Can't tell players to knock people the f*** out if they come into the lane.It's a different game.

laugh.gif
I don't think D'Antoni will ever win a ring. He couldn't do it in Phoenix with a better team, averging 58 wins a season, in conference wherehis teams were no worse than 3rd best. But hey, at least the Knicks are putting in buckets. The Knicks of the 90's are rolling over in their graves.

^^ speaking of rolling in their grave
some jerk wrote to Marbury that "Gugliotta is rolling in his grave now"
laugh.gif

edit: damn, I just realized he's on justin tv right now
alien.gif
laugh.gif
dude says he can't sleep and he might as well be streaming now
eek.gif
sick.gif
ohwell.gif

http://www.justin. tv/starburytv

"Nate Robinson is close to signing a one-year, $5 million contract with the New York Knicks, a source with knowledge of the talks said Saturday. The dealis expected to be finalized early this week.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
I don't think D'Antoni will ever win a ring. He couldn't do it in Phoenix with a better team, averging 58 wins a season, in conference where his teams were no worse than 3rd best. But hey, at least the Knicks are putting in buckets. The Knicks of the 90's are rolling over in their graves.

Honestly,. if it weren't for those stupid suspensions with the Spurs in the playoffs, the Suns would've won that year.

Back
Top Bottom