Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

is there any real point to signing nate to a year? Just to put fans in the seats? Any way we actually have him the year after?

That deal for Nate works out for both sides but as for the rest of the Knicks offseason
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Woodside718

^We can still package him with jeffries/curry by midseason if anything

ill trade nate+jefferies+mobley+next years 2nd rounder for kevin martin.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

^We can still package him with jeffries/curry by midseason if anything

ahhh I see

so if a team has a real shot at the title and needs a great 6th man I guess we will be getting some calls. i really hope nate ends up on the lakers. He has abig city personality.

Exactly WHY do some of you want to get rid of Nate?

If Nate played for the Bucks these past 4 years, y'all wouldn't want to sign him to the Knicks?
eyes.gif

I love Nate but if we have to package him with Curry or Jeffries idc as long as those fat contracts are gone

Originally Posted by xblker47

I love Nate but if we have to package him with Curry or Jeffries idc as long as those fat contracts are gone

Why get rid of Nate just to dispose of Curry and Jeffries? If you can't deal them by themselves why not let them expire in 2011? That free agent classisn't half bad either...

5 MIL FOR NATE IS ON POINT IN MY OPINION. BUT I GUESS THIS MEANS WE AINT GOING AFTER SESSIONS.
Does it? Correct me if im wrong but signing Nate to 5 mil means we can still use the full MLE, resigning players dont count.

Anyway Nate is THAT dude, yall better stop hating. Hes gonna play even better than last year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by xblker47

Why get rid of Nate just to dispose of Curry and Jeffries? If you can't deal them by themselves why not let them expire in 2011? That free agent class isn't half bad either...

because most of us, want to sign two players, one to a max contract, and another to a big fat contract, which we wont unless we get rid of one of theirsalaries. i mean, im fine with jefferies staying, since he knows his role and can somewhat produce, but curry,
smh.gif
smh.gif

i have faith that he could get back into shape, if he tries though
eyes.gif

If Eddy Curry is still on our roster next summer we can kiss Lebron goodbye...

For one we may not even have enough to sign Lebron if the salary cap keeps on decreasing and 2 even if we do have enough money to get Lebron, it would take upalmost all of our salary cap space meaning we wouldnt be able to sign %@%@ outside of Bron. And with over 85 or some %@%@ % of our salary cap coming off andonly being able to replace that with one player, that means we wouldnt have much of a supporting cast. Ad Lebron isnt going anywhere where he cant win, and ifwe still have Curry on our roster that means Lebron would pretty much have only Gallo, Will, and the rookies to work around along with a few league minimumcontracts that weed fill up the rest of the roster with, which is not enough to give Lebron what he wants even if Gallo and Will do improve a whole lot and therookies are impressive.

In all honesty, I think we should let Nate be the starting PG for the year and go after a PG next off-season. Cuz aside from Ramon Sessions, there'snothing left.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^please tell me you were blazed as hell when you said that...
laugh.gif

Seriously though. Realistically we know with the squad we have on paper we're not making the 8th spot in East. Duhon isn't going to be here after nextseason, along with a few other people on the roster now so why not showcase Nate in an attempt to package him off with Eddy or Jared?

As far as the sig.. .I don't know what to change it to
ohwell.gif

good point, but i think teams already know what nate can do.
but take shaq out, im tired of old fella hoppin around, ring chasing
smh.gif

After the Nate and Dlee situations are handled with, I think we are done making moves for this summer
tired.gif
. Bet Duhon will be the starting PG for us next season,we have Hughes and Harrington both playing for new contracts, Wilson and Rooster looking to develop and wanting minutes, a whole bunch of new big men to getburn in the rotation like Darko, Curry, Jhill. If we start the season with the roster we currently have Dantoni will soon get the Van gundy eye bags andhairline real soon....

Back
Top Bottom