GOAT APP legit?

Joined Dec 30, 2013
If I’m not happy with a shoe as much as I thought I would be I typically just sell it back and chalk it up to experience.
did that with off white ones lost out a 100 from sale. then had to re buy for 250 more from goat. This was a stockx issue had a black chip on heel were the plastic unc heal part. Didtne realize this was that hard off a issue when buying a shoe at these prices man can atleast bare minimum standards are met

Joined Dec 30, 2013
I sympathize the order didn't come as you wanted since you spent your money, but I don't even care about the boxes anymore. Unless you plan on flipping them, throw away the box. I am slowly switching out my boxes for this clear ones from The Container Store.
Capture.PNG
i put all my shoes in the box after wearing them im not buyng these joints for wha?t lol i dont look at my shoes ion need no see threw case

Joined Mar 25, 2013
did that with off white ones lost out a 100 from sale. then had to re buy for 250 more from goat. This was a stockx issue had a black chip on heel were the plastic unc heal part. Didtne realize this was that hard off a issue when buying a shoe at these prices man can atleast bare minimum standards are met
The problem with your logic is you are not buying a ~$1000 pair of shoes. You're buying like a $30 pair of shoes, with retail markups to $200 for release, then $800 in just hype added on top. As others have stated you are really nitpicking with some of this mess. Shoes are not produced to the same standards and tolerances of a life saving device. You are not gonna get LV quality from an Air Jordan, no matter how hype/limited the shoe is. They would literally have to destroy or B grade 3/4 of a run by your standards...

Joined Mar 25, 2013
Maybe a quarter of the people flipping is because they’re not happy with the quality on their pairs as well.
More than likely that is the case. Because they have unreasonable expectations as well.. They have spent so much to acquire this pair they feel it should be perfect. I totally get it - but that's just not how this works..This is highly unlikely for 2 reasons. 1- The product is mass produced, There WILL be minor inconsistencies and an occasional flaw. Its the nature of the beast. 2- As I've explained before people are expecting designer brand quality from a product that was produced by the lowest bidder for something like $50 a pair. The "value" of these shoes is driven by hype. Not a superior quality product like people are expecting. Just think, guys are literally spending $1000s of dollars today on 1984 shoe technology.

Joined Apr 26, 2017
More than likely that is the case. Because they have unreasonable expectations as well.. They have spent so much to acquire this pair they feel it should be perfect. I totally get it - but that's just not how this works..This is highly unlikely for 2 reasons. 1- The product is mass produced, There WILL be minor inconsistencies and an occasional flaw. Its the nature of the beast. 2- As I've explained before people are expecting designer brand quality from a product that was produced by the lowest bidder for something like $50 a pair. The "value" of these shoes is driven by hype. Not a superior quality product like people are expecting. Just think, guys are literally spending $1000s of dollars today on 1984 shoe technology.
It’s definitely a 1st world problem. People spend so much and forget where it came from, who’s making it and the actual cost of the shoe.

titang545

Supporter
Joined Sep 21, 2012
The problem with your logic is you are not buying a ~$1000 pair of shoes. You're buying like a $30 pair of shoes, with retail markups to $200 for release, then $800 in just hype added on top. As others have stated you are really nitpicking with some of this mess. Shoes are not produced to the same standards and tolerances of a life saving device. You are not gonna get LV quality from an Air Jordan, no matter how hype/limited the shoe is. They would literally have to destroy or B grade 3/4 of a run by your standards...
LV quality isn't what it use to be either though, everyone's quality level has dipped yet their profits are increasing.
Put it this way, if you are looking to buy a perfect shoe with no issues or blemishes... don’t buy from GOAT or StockX since you can’t actually view the exact pair you’re purchasing

Go to eBay or elsewhere
Even Ebay isn't the move because people will be clever with the angles, then the dispute process is hit or miss.

Joined Jan 14, 2017
Just sold my first pair of used shoes on goat
Feels good
One less pair taking up space I barely ever wear

Joined Jun 22, 2018
Just sold my first pair of used shoes on goat
Feels good
One less pair taking up space I barely ever wear
Android? I'm having problems accepting offers. All listings show as lowest price when pricing for sale but there are listings lower than mine and the "sell at this price" doesn't appear.

Joined Apr 26, 2017
54F75D15-0D5C-4C69-8592-96E54E9207F1.jpeg
143E6E1E-1DE5-4B9A-A2FA-3846F280FE5D.jpeg
F3E470B8-E8D2-4C71-AC12-39E698EC30A8.jpeg

GOAT isn’t what it used to be. Bought two pairs. One came Friday and one came today. Both lids have been sliced and the one that came in today have a damaged box. How did that get passed “Good” condition? Pretty sure it didn’t get damaged during delivery because the shipping box wasn’t damaged.

Last edited:
Joined Nov 4, 2002
It's because they toss the shoe box after they unpack it from the shipping box. Check my earlier post in this thread.

Bert.

formerly zyzz
Supporter
Joined Oct 24, 2010
I’d return them, teach em a lesson. They used to be so strict (their fault) now they got sick of turning away good products because of their own rules and losing money that now they changed the way they authenticate and letting everything through

ARK

Supporter
Joined Dec 27, 2012
My recent goat pick up. A little dirt on the sole, creased, and the right shoe was completely unlaced as if it had been tried on.
Additionally it has severe banana toe so I started the return process but I told them about wanting a return. Now they want to escalate the ticket and investigate. I don’t want an investigation. I just want to return them.

BD6B36E2-A690-4AB3-9130-5A5E5DBC097A.png
172E34BC-B9BA-4C3A-91D3-2691DF8919F7.png
5DC540D0-63C4-49EA-96E7-BDEED95F1FCE.png
4BCD4FD0-1F9E-4385-9ABC-5BCED44DE1ED.png

dblplay1212

Supporter
Joined May 23, 2016
My recent goat pick up. A little dirt on the sole, creased, and the right shoe was completely I laced as if it had been tried on.
Additionally it has severe banana toe so I started the return process but I told them about wanting a return. Now they want to escalate the ticket and investigate. I don’t want an investigation. I just want to return them.

BD6B36E2-A690-4AB3-9130-5A5E5DBC097A.png
172E34BC-B9BA-4C3A-91D3-2691DF8919F7.png
5DC540D0-63C4-49EA-96E7-BDEED95F1FCE.png
4BCD4FD0-1F9E-4385-9ABC-5BCED44DE1ED.png
They allow for tried on shoes. Every retailer does.

Bert.

formerly zyzz
Supporter
Joined Oct 24, 2010
Lmaooooo, you really don’t think stadium goods and flight club let people try them joints before purchasing and then turn around and send them back to the seller if they sit, y’all boys delusional.
I heard flight club does allow shoes to be tried on... that was on here

But I do agree that if a shoe is tried on, its tech not DS but other retailers do allow shoes to be tried on so if you’re getting a shoe online FTL, FNL, etc there’s a chance if it’s from the actual store you could get a tried in shoe

Joined Nov 4, 2002
It's still a new shoe. Footlocker and all other retailers wouldn't sell used shoes but they will sell shoes that have been tried on. If you're going to be nitpicky on the condition of shoe you receive don't purchase anything online. Go to the store instead and check out the shoe firsthand and pay the premium.

ARK

Supporter
Joined Dec 27, 2012
A dirty sole, loose and unlaced laces and lace lock along with wrinkles on the toe is not a DS shoe. I’m not being delusional.

I’ve worked at Champs for a good 10+ years.
I’m well aware what DS is and what passes for DS.

dblplay1212

Supporter
Joined May 23, 2016
A dirty sole, loose and unlaced laces and lace lock along with wrinkles on the toe is not a DS shoe. I’m not being delusional.

I’ve worked at Champs for a good 10+ years.
I’m well aware what DS is and what passes for DS.
Looks like it was tried on. Every retailer in the world would sell it as new.

Top Bottom