GOAT APP legit?

Was looking at the return process and it sounds like they only give store credit. Is this true for anyone who has returned something?

Man so I sold a pair of shoes on GOAT last week. After I got flak from them for ups not updating their tracking on the website, they tell me the box is damaged. Ok so I offer the buyer a %5 discount. 3 days later I guess he wants a refund. Ok fine, now I get a email from GOAT saying I have 2 options to either pay $20 for shipping both ways or consign them my shoes for $1 a month :smh: a pretty simple solution would be for me to take pics of the box so the buyer can see right? So that BEFORE the purchase he can clearly see it. I mean I guess a should have listed it as damaged but to make me pay $20 to ship both ways because the buyer didn't like the condition of the box is ridiculous. This will me my first and last attemp to sell on their app. U can't wear the boxes :lol:
And it was for a used pair of shoes not new

Last edited:
They told me its based on your location, if your close to a drop off they'll strictly let you use UPS only. If not USPS will still be an option

What in the ****[emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji] My USPS packages get there faster than UPS.

Really and I'm sure it's not going to happen overnight but if StockX can cash you on the same day, they receive the shoes. GOAT can do the same and all is well

Just an update: As of today, they have received all 7 pairs of mine. And I got paid for 3 today as well.

So it's chugging along, holidays for sure are dragging them down.

P.S. I really hate that they don't let you just transfer to your bank account directly. Either that, or don't tax me for that 2.9% too uff

This is my first time selling shoes on any platform and I am interested to know what happens year end with taxes. I didn't really make any money selling shoes this year but will I have to claim anything on my taxes?

This is my first time selling shoes on any platform and I am interested to know what happens year end with taxes. I didn't really make any money selling shoes this year but will I have to claim anything on my taxes?

No

I think you technically need to report any miscellaneous income. But GOAT and Stockx don't 1099 anyone unless they make over a certain amount. 

so i ordered some ds yeezys from goat with store credit (couldnt transfer the credit to my bank). they came in with the tag ripped off. kinda upset since i was just going to stock them and sell them later.

Man so I sold a pair of shoes on GOAT last week. After I got flak from them for ups not updating their tracking on the website, they tell me the box is damaged. Ok so I offer the buyer a %5 discount. 3 days later I guess he wants a refund. Ok fine, now I get a email from GOAT saying I have 2 options to either pay $20 for shipping both ways or consign them my shoes for $1 a month :smh: a pretty simple solution would be for me to take pics of the box so the buyer can see right? So that BEFORE the purchase he can clearly see it. I mean I guess a should have listed it as damaged but to make me pay $20 to ship both ways because the buyer didn't like the condition of the box is ridiculous. This will me my first and last attemp to sell on their app. U can't wear the boxes :lol:

Awful, what pair if I may ask? I'm afraid my buyer will pull this with me as well, for a pair of 750s.

Man so I sold a pair of shoes on GOAT last week. After I got flak from them for ups not updating their tracking on the website, they tell me the box is damaged. Ok so I offer the buyer a %5 discount. 3 days later I guess he wants a refund. Ok fine, now I get a email from GOAT saying I have 2 options to either pay $20 for shipping both ways or consign them my shoes for $1 a month
mean.gif
a pretty simple solution would be for me to take pics of the box so the buyer can see right? So that BEFORE the purchase he can clearly see it. I mean I guess a should have listed it as damaged but to make me pay $20 to ship both ways because the buyer didn't like the condition of the box is ridiculous. This will me my first and last attemp to sell on their app. U can't wear the boxes
laugh.gif

whoa whoa whoa

so the item was shipped to the buyer and then he changed his mind? nah yo, GOAT needs to pay you. Once GOAT deems the condition of the product is good enough to ship to the buyer, they assume the risk. What they are telling you is absolute BS if you ask me. They can't move a product along to the buyer as a middleman, hear a complaint from the buyer, and then reach back to the seller and say hey, can we do a redo? F THAT

If what they did to you is allowed to go on then they have zero credibility, it's the same as selling through no middleman.

Last edited:
Yup same as pp, think that's the federal guideline. I have 199 on PayPal lol, some are gift payments though. Still not accepting payments on mine til next year
hustlin

think i saw you at fcny picking up a chekc the other day and at sneaker con way back. will say hi next time

Yea if it was around 6pm on Tuesday it was me. Yea say what's up next time man

Last few weeks they have been terribly unorganized. Feel like I'm camping for a sneaker with how long I have to wait in there. Couldn't leave the $2600 check I was picking up though :lol:

For a company that in April raised another $5 million in new venture funding to handle the anticipated growth is just plain disappointing.

The way they are going, in two years we all will be watching an episode of "American Greed" about them

Last edited:
I was talking about flightclub not goat.

You think it's worth sending my 750 grey gum to them? See they are selling them for $1,500 and I would get a $1,200 check after fees?

Only issue is how log would it take for them to sell

You think it's worth sending my 750 grey gum to them? See they are selling them for $1,500 and I would get a $1,200 check after fees?

It's worth it. I was able to sell mine for the exact same price without any issues with GOAT.

depends. if they have a lot of pairs at your size at the same price will take a long time to sell.

Back
Top Bottom