GOAT APP legit?

Ya we'll see...but this type of behaviour from GOAT isn't encouraging. I wonder if the buyer of the shoes would even care or notice any of that...GOAT probably tryna get extra profit out of you. Good thing you asked a for a return because now they loose prob around $100 in commission. 
Yeah, but they're going to charge him $40 to return the shoes back to him.

lets hope he make that back from a sale on FC...$40 to ship it back? Are they hand delivered on a silver platter covered in swan feathers...smh...goat sounding more and more like a scam man.

They still loose $60 in commission or probably more since he will never deal with them again...great business strategy. 

Last edited:

rather eat the 400 I can sell these or trade for some kicks I actually lick instead of them rotting away inside goats warehouse. Never selling anything over $500 again on goat. Im not even mad that they cancelled me im mad that my sneakers look like the paint was chipped off in those pics they sent me. hopefully im wrong. on flight club these go for $1500 or I can probably sell them for 1250 and just move on.  They are charging me $20 for shipping but I want to make sure the shoes are insured in case they get "lost" 

They are charging me $20 for shipping but I want to make sure the shoes are insured in case they get "lost" 
$20 is not bad. They were charging more last time I paid attention to this thread. Yeah, probably more worthwhile to sell at a big consignment shop.

$20 is not bad. They were charging more last time I paid attention to this thread. Yeah, probably more worthwhile to sell at a big consignment shop.
I just hope its bad angles and that somebody did not chip the paint on my oxford tans 
mad.gif

Ya we'll see...but this type of behaviour from GOAT isn't encouraging. I wonder if the buyer of the shoes would even care or notice any of that...GOAT probably tryna get extra profit out of you. Good thing you asked a for a return because now they loose prob around $100 in commission. 
It's highly unlikely that GOAT is trying to get "extra profit" from him. The seller is offered the opportunity to offer a discount on pairs of sneakers that GOAT deems to have "defects" or "issues." However, they are not required to do so obviously. Anyways, GOAT actually loses money when a discount is offered since their commission decreases ever so slightly when a discount is accepted by the buyer.  

As noted above, the seller is not required to offer the discount and have the option to decline. On the other hand, the buyer can either accept a discount, no discount (if seller isn't offering) or they have the option to outright cancel the order. So, in this case, it wasn't GOAT that cancelled the order but the buyer after receiving the pictures of the potentially "chipped paint" or "discoloration" as GOAT described it. Now, I'm not defending GOAT in this case as I have criticized them multiple times before myself (I've had canceled orders as well). For all I know, GOAT caused the paint to chip themselves through mishandling the shoes or it somehow happened during transport. 

Last edited:

This dude cracks me up with his theories.

I am really not a fan that GOAT forces you to take pics according to their plan and doesn't let you add extra...my shoes soles looked much nicer than they would up close which is what I wanted to post...hope they don't reject the shoes when they get them. How has your experience been selling non-DS pairs on  GOAT?
eventually you don't have to when your seller grade goes up

those paint chips look bad, whether or not you can prove it wasn't there when you shipped it off is another story.. if i spent $$$ on those i'd be pissed if the seller didn't tell me it had those chips.  also could just be my computer screen but the boost looks like it's yellowing ever so slightly on the edges

eventually you don't have to when your seller grade goes up
You are still required to post pictures of non-DS (used) shoes or shoes with any notable defects.

Anyways, I think his issue is that GOAT restricts your pictures to be taken from certain angles and distances whether the shoe is DS, used or with defects. So, I agree with him that the GOAT app should allow extra pictures for any used or slightly "defective" shoes. 

Last edited:

those paint chips look bad, whether or not you can prove it wasn't there when you shipped it off is another story.. if i spent $$$ on those i'd be pissed if the seller didn't tell me it had those chips.  also could just be my computer screen but the boost looks like it's yellowing ever so slightly on the edges
yeah it looks bad hopefully its not paint chipping. hopefully its just extra paint. I took off my moonrock listing from goat  not going to go through this again. Yeah the boost is yellowing. im about to check on my pirate blacks and moon rocks to see if the same has happened with those pairs. I think I can still atleast get 900 with those imperfections. this was terrible.

Will not dwell on this lost even if the sneakers get "lost" on their way back to me plenty of hyped stuff coming out in the future. 

Last edited:

yeah it looks bad hopefully its not paint chipping. hopefully its just extra paint. I took off my moonrock listing from goat  not going to go through this again. Yeah the boost is yellowing. im about to check on my pirate blacks and moon rocks to see if the same has happened with those pairs. I think I can still atleast get 900 with those imperfections. this was terrible.

Will not dwell on this lost even if the sneakers get "lost" on their way back to me plenty of hyped stuff coming out in the future. 
Understandably sucks being in that position but if I'm reading correctly you're blaming goat for pointing out the flaws on your shoes?

Understandably sucks being in that position but if I'm reading correctly you're blaming goat for pointing out the flaws on your shoes?
I said only the paint chips bother me look at my before pics and then the pics goat sent me. im not stressing it maybe adidas sent me a bad pair with big flaws. I was lucky to cop on release day anyway. Next time Ill just take my pairs to flight club I have more pairs of v1s and none have paint chipping.  Hopefully its just a bad angle and there is no paint chipping.  Even with the paint chipping I can still move these brand new never worn shoes way above retail so Im not stressing it. 

see how many times I said paint chipping thats the only things thats bothering me
roll.gif
. I dont care about no discoloration that can be a glue stain for all I know.

i just sold a pair of jordan on monday. they said the box was messed up, so i offered a 5% discount. but then they said the buyer wanted to cancel the sale. sucks. just for a slightly damaged box.

i just sold a pair of jordan on monday. they said the box was messed up, so i offered a 5% discount. but then they said the buyer wanted to cancel the sale. sucks. just for a slightly damaged box.  
Next time if any little thing is not perfect which hardly anything ever is  just list as new with defects and take pictures of everything. 

Did you mention damaged box in the listing? No matter how small you have to mention. GOAT is very picky about this. I don't necessarily think this would be their fault. My Yeezy shoe box was curved, not damaged at all. I still decided to call it damaged...usually buyers, at least when buying non-DS pairs, care way more about the shoe condition as opposed to the box. So always better to stay on the safe side. 

GOAT is requesting I give the buyer a discount for Gamma Blue 11's I sent in. Unfortunately, I didn't bother taking pictures of the shoe box prior to shipping to prove that the box was in 100% perfect condition when I shipped it. I also packaged it with protective paper and/or bubble wrap/air bags to avoid damage. Nonetheless, the shoe box was damaged by either UPS' mishandling of it or by a GOAT employee dropping/mishandling the box for all I know (which they would never admit). Regardless, they're trying to push the loss on to me as expected. Not sure if the buyer is going to cancel or not but I sent GOAT a pretty long response criticizing them for this since I did all I could to prevent this situation.

That's the "badly damaged box." 

I've already requested they provide me the details on how to file a claim against UPS because there is no way they'll admit it if they caused the damage themselves. I'm definitely going to hit back at them if they try to force me to pay $20 to ship the shoes back to me. 

In situations like this, they should be taking pictures of how the packaging box arrived (including pictures with the packaging box opened) with the shoe box in it to prove that the damage wasn't caused afterwards. It's still possible for an employee to damage the box and then reinsert it back into its original packaging but it's better than nothing. 

Last edited:
Those 11 pull-out boxes are solid, but I can imagine someone pulled it open from the top and not using the hole, which might cause that damage.  No way that type of damage happened in transit with the box properly sealed. Doesn't look like any other damage anywhere else on the box.

@lobol

I sent you the other pictures that GOAT sent me. No damage anywhere else on the box.
Yeah, saw the pics. Shoes still look good.  Hopefully the buyer still takes the shoes and is not that particular about the box split. Box still looks functional.

Yeah, saw the pics. Shoes still look good.  Hopefully the buyer still takes the shoes and is not that particular about the box split. Box still looks functional.
I actually bought some Nike Air Presto Mid SP Obsidians from Social Status and they cheaped out and shipped them in a bag via the Fedex Ground shipping I paid for. I have a hard time believing that the Jordan 11 Gamma Blue, which I shipped double boxed with paper padding somehow arrived with a huge tear and no other damage while the Presto box (same sturdy pull out box style) arrived structurally sound with minor aesthetic blemishes. 

Last edited:

GOAT is requesting I give the buyer a discount for Gamma Blue 11's I sent in. Unfortunately, I didn't bother taking pictures of the shoe box prior to shipping to prove that the box was in 100% perfect condition when I shipped it. I also packaged it with protective paper and/or bubble wrap/air bags to avoid damage. Nonetheless, the shoe box was damaged by either UPS' mishandling of it or by a GOAT employee dropping/mishandling the box for all I know (which they would never admit). Regardless, they're trying to push the loss on to me as expected. Not sure if the buyer is going to cancel or not but I sent GOAT a pretty long response criticizing them for this since I did all I could to prevent this situation.

That's the "badly damaged box." 

I've already requested they provide me the details on how to file a claim against UPS because there is no way they'll admit it if they caused the damage themselves. I'm definitely going to hit back at them if they try to force me to pay $20 to ship the shoes back to me. 

In situations like this, they should be taking pictures of how the packaging box arrived (including pictures with the packaging box opened) with the shoe box in it to prove that the damage wasn't caused afterwards. It's still possible for an employee to damage the box and then reinsert it back into its original packaging but it's better than nothing. 
This is the same kind of issue I had with goat except I think an employee scratched the paint off my yeezy's. Seller's need to Make sure to take pictures before sending to goat. If this becomes a pattern seller's should be aware of what they are dealing with and the risk they take selling on goat. Keep us updated on if Ups will reimburse you money or did you lose money because goat or ups messed up your sneaker box.

Last edited:
This is the same kind of issue I had with goat except I think an employee scratched the paint off my yeezy's. Seller's need to Make sure to take pictures before sending to goat. If this becomes a pattern seller's should be aware of what they are dealing with and the risk they take selling on goat. Keep us updated on if Ups will reimburse you money or did you lose money because goat or ups messed up your sneaker box.
It's definitely possible that an employee made a mistake while handling your Oxford Tans and instead of admitting to it, they marked it as a defect. However, it is highly unlikely they intentionally did it as it provides them no benefit. Similar situation for me where I feel like a GOAT employee mishandled the box and is passing the loss on to me.

Last edited:
Next time if any little thing is not perfect which hardly anything ever is  just list as new with defects and take pictures of everything. 

Did you mention damaged box in the listing? No matter how small you have to mention. GOAT is very picky about this. I don't necessarily think this would be their fault. My Yeezy shoe box was curved, not damaged at all. I still decided to call it damaged...usually buyers, at least when buying non-DS pairs, care way more about the shoe condition as opposed to the box. So always better to stay on the safe side. 

Thanks yall, I'll keep that in mind. No I didn't list it with a damaged box. They said I can consign with them for $1 a month or have it shipped back and loose $20.

Here's how the box looked from the pics they sent me.

View media item 2404542
View media item 2404543
View media item 2404544

Back
Top Bottom