GOAT APP legit?

Since we're getting into a box discussion again, I figure I'd post this for some newbies or people who'd like some advice:

I posted this before in this thread, but the perfect sized box will have about 1-2 inches of space all around the shoe box. Additionally, just put crumpled up newspaper ads (colored is better because the ink won't rub off), flyers, brown paper bags, even plastic bags in between the shoes and the box. If you don't have much space, just put paper at the corners of the box and that should hold it in place. Also put a little padding on the bottom of the box and on the top. Ideally when you shake the box after it's all sealed up, you won't hear the shoe box moving around. The shoes will still move around though.

If the shoes are relatively delicate, I would individually wrap them or put extra padding in the shoe box itself. Just put a note on the box saying you put additional padding to protect the shoes so they don't raise any red flags automatically. Again, make sure there will be no color transfer between the extra padding and the shoes.

Since GOAT pays for shipping, it won't cost you any extra to add some more protection for peace of mind about your sale. If you package it how I recommend, I'd be hard pressed to believe that the shoe boxes will arrive with any significant damage from normal transit conditions. Would have to be a major drop or crushing of the box, which would then need to file a claim with UPS. I guess another thing to consider is the structural integrity of the packaging box itself. Do not use boxes that cannot withstand the weight of several shoe boxes without deforming. There are ways to strengthen the box if you have extra cardboard though.

Update:

The buyer accepted the damaged Jordan 11 - Gamma Blue box with no discount. Thankfully, they just wanted the DS shoes and the box itself is still usable anyways.

Update:

The buyer accepted the damaged Jordan 11 - Gamma Blue box with no discount. Thankfully, they just wanted the DS shoes and the box itself is still usable anyways.

That's good. I wish that was my case. I even offered a 5% discount for the box being damage. The buyer didn't want them any more.

Another update from GOAT:

They're suggesting I sent the box to them with the tear in the pictures above. They also condescendingly advised me about how to create a listing where I can describe the box's condition prior to selling and include pictures. To top it off, they warned me that repeat offenses for sending shoes not as advertised will lead to my account being reviewed. They won't even acknowledge the possibility that their employees damaged the box. We even have proof of GOAT's mishandling of shoes/boxes. Awhile back, a NT member in this thread had his shoe box for Hyper Adapts returned (after cancellation for some minor defect) poorly packaged and damaged even though he shipped them to GOAT very well protected.

What pissed me the most was that GOAT's response was mostly a generic copy and paste from company policies/protocol. Like at least put some effort in.

Last edited:
What pissed me the most was that GOAT's response was mostly a generic copy and paste from company policies/protocol. Like at least put some effort in.
They get 1000-1500 pairs of shoes a day. They can't hand write a letter for every issue. I understand wanting personal attention to an issue but that just doesn't happen these days with large businesses.

They get 1000-1500 pairs of shoes a day. They can't hand write a letter for every issue. I understand wanting personal attention to an issue but that just doesn't happen these days with large businesses.
Fair enough. Just annoyed that their response didn't address the damaged box in question. They only addressed general guidelines that most GOAT users would already know.

Last edited:
Hi everyone im new here and i have a question about buying "new" kix on goat. I just bought the jordan 4 retro kaws for a good price and i was wondering if the will come with both the dust bag and the description card? Can anyone tell me their opinion? Im buying them with the thought that they will ship to me with everything inside the box as if i bought them from nike themselves. opinionsssss please... if both dont come inside the box im definitely returning them for sure!!! thank you in advance everyone.

Speaking of boxes, if the seller on goat notes the box is in "good" condition does anyone know what "good" means? Keep in mind that they are new. I would never buy new ds kix with a messed up box just in case i want to sell them in the future as ds if i never wear them or even try them on. Thanks again

Last edited:
Hi everyone im new here and i have a question about buying "new" kix on goat. I just bought the jordan 4 retro kaws for a good price and i was wondering if the will come with both the dust bag and the description card? Can anyone tell me their opinion? Im buying them with the thought that they will ship to me with everything inside the box as if i bought them from nike themselves. opinionsssss please... if both dont come inside the box im definitely returning them for sure!!! thank you in advance everyone.
I would think the bag would be included but idk about the card. It's so minor that it's really not a big deal. Probably so but I could see someone forgetting to put it back in the box.

I would think the bag would be included but idk about the card. It's so minor that it's really not a big deal. Probably so but I could see someone forgetting to put it back in the box.

Thank You for answering i really appreciate it. Like i said for the amount im paying if both dont come with the box im def returning them.

Last edited:
Thank You for answering i really appreciate it. Like i said for the amount im paying if both dont come with the box im def returning them.
The little card means that much to you? It's just a piece of cardboard. Honestly I couldn't care less about mine. I'll send you mine if you want it haha.

Another update from GOAT:

They're suggesting I sent the box to them with the tear in the pictures above. They also condescendingly advised me about how to create a listing where I can describe the box's condition prior to selling and include pictures. To top it off, they warned me that repeat offenses for sending shoes not as advertised will lead to my account being reviewed. They won't even acknowledge the possibility that their employees damaged the box. We even have proof of GOAT's mishandling of shoes/boxes. Awhile back, a NT member in this thread had his shoe box for Hyper Adapts returned (after cancellation for some minor defect) poorly packaged and damaged even though he shipped them to GOAT very well protected.

just how I feel about the paint chips that got on my deadstock oxfordan tans. They sent me that same message when I sent them before pictures of the shoes. It could be goat insiders ordering pairs and trying to get discounts or the employees are over worked and mess up and dont want to take responsibility for fear of losing their job. If its the 2nd theory  im not even that mad. But I hope everyone keeps on sharing their stories so that if this stuff becomes a pattern we know for a fact goat is shady.

Last edited:

just how I feel about the paint chips that got on my deadstock oxfordan tans. They sent me that same message when I sent them before pictures of the shoes. It could be goat insiders ordering pairs and trying to get discounts or the employees are over worked and mess up and dont want to take responsibility for fear of losing their job. If its the 2nd theory  im not even that mad. But I hope everyone keeps on sharing their stories so that if this stuff becomes a pattern we know for a fact goat is shady.
Hmm, I have doubts it is GOAT insiders. I could see employees being dishonest but not full out willing to commit fraud just to get a minor discount. 

Pretty sure any damage post transit is either employees making mistakes/overworked or simply mishandling the shoe box/shoes and then not taking responsibility for it. 

How often does goat run the withdraw promos? I have a decent amount of money I want to withdraw but the fees will be quite a bit.

i just ordered a pair of aj4 kaws from goat and reading this thread although goat is legit, when they deliver my package i will NOT sign for it until i open the box in front of the delivery guy and if everything is not up to par not only will i NOT sign for it, i will send it back with the delivery guy so im guaranteed to get my money back.

How often does goat run the withdraw promos? I have a decent amount of money I want to withdraw but the fees will be quite a bit.
Free withdraws to a bank account til June.

Edit:
GOAT said:
If you are receiving this email, you will continue to enjoy FREE ACH direct deposits for the next 12 months. After June 1, 2017, there will be a 2.9% cash out fee for ACH. All new sellers who have requested to sell after June 1, 2016 will be charged a 2.9% cash out fee.

Last edited:
You should have just bought from a brick and mortar consignement shop, so that you could make sure everything is up to par.

i just ordered a pair of aj4 kaws from goat and reading this thread although goat is legit, when they deliver my package i will NOT sign for it until i open the box in front of the delivery guy and if everything is not up to par not only will i NOT sign for it, i will send it back with the delivery guy so im guaranteed to get my money back.
If I worked for UPS me and you would be fighting. 

He's not going to let you open it without signing for it. UPS isn't going to get in the middle of it. Their job is to deliver it. That's all. You'll have to go through standard procedures for a return if that's how you want to go. You can refuse the package but you can't open it and then refuse it. It doesn't work that way.

He's not going to let you open it without signing for it. UPS isn't going to get in the middle of it. Their job is to deliver it. That's all. You'll have to go through standard procedures for a return if that's how you want to go. You can refuse the package but you can't open it and then refuse it. It doesn't work that way.

well maybe maybe not, we actually get a lot of deliveries to the house and have some sort of relationship with all the drivers, it will be worth a try? cant hurt. i guess we will see what happens when it happens, ill def keep u posted and thank you for your help.

If I worked for UPS me and you would be fighting. 

nahhhhh we have a good relationship.

Good enough for him to lose his job? I doubt it.

Once you open it, UPS can no longer guarantee the contents of the package are in the same condition as when Goat shipped then. UPS can't guarantee you didn't swap out Goat's real pair for fake pairs. That's why he can't list it as refused once you've handled the contents. Once the seal is broken, it's between you and Goat.

Last edited:
When did y'all get the free withdraw emails? I got some cash to withdraw into PayPal then my bank. But if it's free withdraw to the bank account I'll do that asap.

Good enough for him to lose his job? I doubt it.

Once you open it, UPS can no longer guarantee the contents of the package are in the same condition as when Goat shipped then. UPS can't guarantee you didn't swap out Goat's real pair for fake pairs. That's why he can't list it as refused once you've handled the contents. Once the seal is broken, it's between you and Goat.

ahhhhh ok now that makes sense to me, i see exactly what your saying. im just a lil freaked out because someone posted on here saying that when he opened his package from goat, there were NO sneakers in the box. someone actually cut open the box took the kix out and re sealed the package. what a nightmare scenario. when i read his story i got a little nervous.

Back
Top Bottom