GOAT APP legit?

i just ordered a pair of aj4 kaws from goat and reading this thread although goat is legit, when they deliver my package i will NOT sign for it until i open the box in front of the delivery guy and if everything is not up to par not only will i NOT sign for it, i will send it back with the delivery guy so im guaranteed to get my money back.
If you refuse a package you lose all buyer protection with PayPal and probably your bank. That is stupid papa

it doesn't matter which carrier you use, ALWAYS get a receipt...even if you're not shipping to GOAT. if your package gets 'lost' before its scanned how would you prove you shipped, scouts honor?
For UPS & Fedex, you should always get a receipt. Or any other non government carrier such as DHL

However, USPS doesn't offer shipping receipts to my knowledge for prepaid shipping labels. Only if you purchase the postage in person You can only prove you shipped once the package is scanned and tracking is updated. My local USPS is busy most of the day and even if you stand in line, they aren't going to necessarily scan the package in front of you (instead they'll take it from you and put it into a sorting bag or somewhere in the back). They usually request you to put prepaid labels at the counter, which they'll scan later (they don't always scan them all unfortunately). When GOAT was previously USPS only, one time my package wasn't scanned for the 1st time until it reached Culver City. GOAT was all over my *** and I told them USPS got lazy and didn't bother scanning it. I'd estimate that USPS didn't scan my package at acceptance anywhere from 25-30% of the time, which was way too frequent considering how anal GOAT is about tracking. 

Last edited:
My post offices give a receipt anytime I request one. 1 branch even has a manned kiosk for pre-paid shipping acceptance where they don't even weigh the package. I really thought all post offices operated in similar fashion.

My post offices give a receipt anytime I request one. 1 branch even has a manned kiosk for pre-paid shipping acceptance where they don't even weigh the package. I really thought all post offices operated in similar fashion.
summeroflove summeroflove Same as above. I always get my pre paid labels scanned and receive a receipt.

Hmm, my post office is inside a mall so maybe they don't like doing it. They're open until 7 pm (used to be 9 pm) and get a lot more traffic than average post offices. There is a Passport office that is built into the post office as well, which sometimes generates additional traffic. I've never asked for an acceptance receipt because every time I'm in line, they usually have an employee sorting through it to see if they can help you before you reach the counter. They always tell me to just drop it on the counter even if I want it scanned in person (claiming it will be scanned). When I wait in line anyhow, they just take it and throw it in the sorting bin and tell me they'll scan it. I'll have to be more assertive in the future as well as more patient since I often just drop the package off at the counter if the line is 10+ deep.

The mall post office has a kiosk but it only creates labels based on weight/shipping method or provides stamps. I'll have to ask them why they don't have a kiosk that will scan and accept packages for you.

Last edited:
In NYC there are a million post offices, I just drop it off at 34th, they have a bin where you can just dump your prepaid packages off and they usually get accepted no problem

i just ordered a pair of aj4 kaws from goat and reading this thread although goat is legit, when they deliver my package i will NOT sign for it until i open the box in front of the delivery guy and if everything is not up to par not only will i NOT sign for it, i will send it back with the delivery guy so im guaranteed to get my money back.
:rofl: this makes no sense

You opening the package is accepting it... Lol you can't open it and refuse it :lol:

Yea and like I said refusing it voids all buyer protection so it's a horrible idea

I know this is a bit far fetched but what's stopping StockX or GOAT from switching out my original pair for fakes and claiming I sent them fakes? Surely there's got to be some form of protection for us?

I know this is a bit far fetched but what's stopping StockX or GOAT from switching out my original pair for fakes and claiming I sent them fakes? Surely there's got to be some form of protection for us?
They are mutli-million dollar companies that rely on people trusting them. They aren't going to risk their reputation for a few hundred bucks here and there.

Well, UPS isn't gonna allow that so good luck

But I'm 100% sure you're getting authentic kaws so I'd relax

Mine doesn't. Even if you ask they don't do any scanning at the desk even if you purchase labels and what not. They print em out and slap em on the box and toss em in the back

It's actually a pretty ghetto *** post office and plus they're slow. I'll drop something off at 1-2pm and it doesn't get processed and leave that post office for 24 hours.

They have a sign that clearly says, anything after 5pm doesn't get processed til the next day... bruh

Either way might have to sadly start driving out of my damn way to this one small little hole in the wall post office that scans and gives receipts without asking

It's just frustrating when goat is so ready to threaten to cancel the orders, even though it's well within the 72 hour period. I don't think Sunday/holidays should be counted as a business day. Staples said they scan everything even if you don't ask them to because it's how they get reimbursed, but nothing showed up because they were closed yesterday.

I just had a negative experience as a seller through the goat app. On Saturday I dropped my pairs off at the staples and they said UPS would pick up Monday. I should have asked them to scan the shoes, but for some reason I forgot to do so. Today I got a delayed shipment notice from GOAT and I explained to them the situation. There was no luck in calling staples today as I was on hold forever to try and ask them to scan the packages. Needless to say I'm going to try and call staples in the AM and make sure they scan the packages. It's just stressful because GOAT is all ready threatening to cancel the orders even though they were confirmed Saturday morning and I'm well within the 72 hour grace period. I guess my advise if you' are dropping off sneakers is to always ask them to scan the package in front of you. I guess I'll
Know tomorrow if they cancel the orders even though I explained to them the sitation.

Same crap just happened to me. Except I always get receipts, and if you track it, it says that it was dropped off. But ups doesn't pick up on weekends, so it will go out today.
The other pair I dropped off at ups is totally fine.
Goats system sucks, why isn't it recognizing this?

It was better when they used USPS. And faster.

What happened with your situation? Did they cancel?

Last edited:
They haven't cancelled yet. I'll keep you posted. I'm still well within 72 hours.

Mysteriously, after I sent them an email this morning about it, also mentioning this has happened to others, I got an update from Goat saying it's with ups.
About 2 minutes later I got another email from a goat rep telling me that I should always get a receipt etc etc.
The tone of the email was very scathing.

Last edited:
Mysteriously, after I sent them an email this morning about it, also mentioning this has happened to others, I got an update from Goat saying it's with ups.
About 2 minutes later I got another email from a goat rep telling me that I should always get a receipt etc etc.
The tone of the email was very scathing.
GOAT doesn't seem to want to recognize shipping delays that occur around Holiday weekends. 

I also think it would be more helpful for buyers and sellers of used shoes to be able to list more pictures. 2 of the 7 pics are of a shoe tag and box, and I think If the seller had the ability to take a few more detailed pictures or possibly allow communication between the would be buyer and seller of used shoes it could help a lot

For UPS & Fedex, you should always get a receipt. Or any other non government carrier such as DHL

However, USPS doesn't offer shipping receipts to my knowledge for prepaid shipping labels. Only if you purchase the postage in person You can only prove you shipped once the package is scanned and tracking is updated. My local USPS is busy most of the day and even if you stand in line, they aren't going to necessarily scan the package in front of you (instead they'll take it from you and put it into a sorting bag or somewhere in the back). They usually request you to put prepaid labels at the counter, which they'll scan later (they don't always scan them all unfortunately). When GOAT was previously USPS only, one time my package wasn't scanned for the 1st time until it reached Culver City. GOAT was all over my *** and I told them USPS got lazy and didn't bother scanning it. I'd estimate that USPS didn't scan my package at acceptance anywhere from 25-30% of the time, which was way too frequent considering how anal GOAT is about tracking. 
hmmm ... reading this makes me 2nd guest sending out my first GOAT package via USPS. Here's hoping Penn Station (34th street) scans it before GOAT gets its undies in a bunch. 

Y'all blaming GOAT for things that you cause.. the shipping policy is simple, you sell, you have 72 hours to ship.

1. Why are we leaving packages without a receipt?
2. GOAT sends an automated email everyday until the package is scanned at UPS/USPS. Y'all making it seem like you're being singled out. You know the policies.

Y'all blaming GOAT for things that you cause.. the shipping policy is simple, you sell, you have 72 hours to ship.

1. Why are we leaving packages without a receipt?
2. GOAT sends an automated email everyday until the package is scanned at UPS/USPS. Y'all making it seem like you're being singled out. You know the policies.

My local UPS access point is a barber shop. The guy who runs the place doesn't scan any of my packages when I drop them off. It get scanned when the UPS truck driver arrives to pick them up.

I also think it would be more helpful for buyers and sellers of used shoes to be able to list more pictures. 2 of the 7 pics are of a shoe tag and box, and I think If the seller had the ability to take a few more detailed pictures or possibly allow communication between the would be buyer and seller of used shoes it could help a lot
nah they ask for too many pics

hmmm ... reading this makes me 2nd guest sending out my first GOAT package via USPS. Here's hoping Penn Station (34th street) scans it before GOAT gets its undies in a bunch. 
That's the branch with the manned kiosk that will scan your package in without even weighing it and give you a receipt. You'll see it right by the ropes where the window line starts.

Last edited:
Wait are you guys complaining about UPS? My post was directed at USPS

UPS receipt or not, mine doesn't give receipt but all others do for the most part. Either way, once it's dropped off at the UPS store (hopefully you guys know you can go there) you're done. It should get processed that day usually and no later by the next day

UPS stores scan on the spot and it gets updated instantly on the tracking that it's actually at the store waiting for pick up. Idk any ups stores that don't scan soon as you drop off, that's weird

Last edited:
personally, I don't leave usps or ups without a receipt. might take some time but it's peace of mind. for usps, I just tell them I need a receipt for the scan and they're fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom