GOD DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE (says my man Steve)

Originally Posted by leonard109

this made me think..
is the disappearance of religion just a matter of time?
will the progress of human science/technology eventually push religion out entirely?

in a hundred years.. do you all still see religion existing?
Yes, it is just matter of time imo. The better our science and understanding of history gets we'll be able to piece together more answers to the universe and how religion started. Eventually information will come out that will prove the true origins of many religions and people will be turned out. At the same time, there will always be people holding on to it.

What's frustrating is that the evidence is right in front of them and these people won't accept it. If we could only get them to accept the fact that our universe was not created by God, there would be so much less problems in this world.

Instead, we get jokes about Hawking's health and people who think that they know more about physics than Hawking. The sheer arrogance of these people just astounds me.

No amount of reason or logic will ever get through to these people and these religions and their leaders are just making it worse. God gave you a brain; use it.

What's frustrating is that the evidence is right in front of them and these people won't accept it. If we could only get them to accept the fact that our universe was not created by God, there would be so much less problems in this world.

Instead, we get jokes about Hawking's health and people who think that they know more about physics than Hawking. The sheer arrogance of these people just astounds me.

No amount of reason or logic will ever get through to these people and these religions and their leaders are just making it worse. God gave you a brain; use it.

I try to think of things as simply as possible(insert joke here).  My take, I think it is the epitome of human arrogance to think we can explain the origins of something as mysterious and wondrous as the universe. The best we can hope to do, is theorize.  Forget the universe, there are things that we can't explain about ourselves...Why do we sleep?  Why does your heart beat?(Not how, we can talk you to death about SA nodes and blah blah blah, but WHY does that sucker pump approximately 42 million times per year). Why do you dream? Yeah I'm in the God/deity/supreme being camp.  I don't trust what humans have done with religion per se.  But, if you look at it, there is a remarkable amount of symmetry on this planet.  The fact that we breathe O2 and expire CO2 and plants do exactly the opposite. I guess it's a little of that same human arrogance that leads me to believe in a supreme being.  The human body is WAY too complicated to be random in my opinion. Do you realize the amount of reactions that take place for you to just scratch your a$%?  And don't get me started on the opposite sex....

I try to think of things as simply as possible(insert joke here).  My take, I think it is the epitome of human arrogance to think we can explain the origins of something as mysterious and wondrous as the universe. The best we can hope to do, is theorize.  Forget the universe, there are things that we can't explain about ourselves...Why do we sleep?  Why does your heart beat?(Not how, we can talk you to death about SA nodes and blah blah blah, but WHY does that sucker pump approximately 42 million times per year). Why do you dream? Yeah I'm in the God/deity/supreme being camp.  I don't trust what humans have done with religion per se.  But, if you look at it, there is a remarkable amount of symmetry on this planet.  The fact that we breathe O2 and expire CO2 and plants do exactly the opposite. I guess it's a little of that same human arrogance that leads me to believe in a supreme being.  The human body is WAY too complicated to be random in my opinion. Do you realize the amount of reactions that take place for you to just scratch your a$%?  And don't get me started on the opposite sex....

The Four Horsemen approve.

horsemen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom