Going on Vacation, alone..

has anyone done something like this? i haz credit from Expedia due to a botched NYC trip.. 
so i figured i should use it on a Hawaii trip.. most likely Maui.. 

what are you guys' thoughts on this?

discuss.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

no to hawaii but anywhere else yes.

why not? i was going to go to NYC by myself, but i figured a tropical island would be a better place to do something like that. since i can just relax and lay around or w/e

I spent 5/12 months by myself on my last Eurotrip. If you're an outgoing person than you ought not to have any problems. If you're more inclined to be a wallflower, shy and insecure than you probably won't like it very much.
wink.gif

Here I was calling myself a loner for not going out on a Saturday night.
Then I see this thread.
laugh.gif

God is good.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Then I see this thread.
laugh.gif

God is good.

i dont get what is wrong about going on a vacation alone.. 
the General community nowadays. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

I spent 5/12 months by myself on my last Eurotrip. If you're an outgoing person than you ought not to have any problems. If you're more inclined to be a wallflower, shy and insecure than you probably won't like it very much.
wink.gif

i was thinking of driving to Hana by myself.. and perhaps meat some new friends along the way.

Then I see this thread.
laugh.gif

God is good.

laugh.gif

but seriously OP, there's nothing wrong with vacationing solo dolo.  haven't done anything like it, but i've gone on day trips just driving to clear my mind.

go couchsurfing

go read about the city your going to on it's sub reddit

i'd love to go to a beach but to like lesser known one like palawan or something in thailand

Originally Posted by proper english

wink.gif

i was thinking of driving to Hana by myself.. and perhaps meat some new friends along the way.
Stay in hostels and talk to people. Know an instrument? Play it for everyone and you'll be the life of the party. I stayed for almost 3 weeks at a hostel in the Czech Republic free of charge because I played piano each night.
laugh.gif

going by yourself is a great idea
i go everywhere by myself ..... mostly seattle
you can do what you want, dont have to worry about someone messing up your time
its also a good time to reflect on your own
and meet some women, you dont have to worry about your friend wing manin'

Go for it. There's a lot on a trip that would be better with company, but if you can handle being alone then it can still be relaxing and fun.

Chill on the beach, chat up some strangers at the hotel bar, go on some sightseeing trips. Sounds good to me.

wink.gif

a...

I travel on business solo a lot and I hate it. The idea of going on vacation alone doesn't appeal to me. Plus I'm the type of guy to keep to myself so that doesn't help.

wink.gif

If you can, go on the "Road to Hana" tour.  I don't remember who we booked the tour with because it was like 8-10 years ago
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
, but it'll probably be easier to meet people that way since they'll be going on the tour with you.  I wouldn't mind vacationing alone, but I'm really shy so I doubt I would even enjoy it
30t6p3b.gif
.  Might hit up Seattle and drive up to Vancouver this summer though, mini NT summit?
nerd.gif

Then I see this thread.
laugh.gif

God is good.

i dont get what is wrong about going on a vacation alone.. 
the General community nowadays. 
laugh.gif

laff.gif

Man do what you want to do son....
You can die at literally ANY SECOND.
If vacationing dolo is something you want to do, go for it my man
pimp.gif

havent done it, but why not? even if you arent big into excursions and doing stuff like that, to get away from reality/the people you deal with day in and day out for a week or whatever and just chill on a beach is great for the mind.

just go bro, half the dudes on NT will never go on vacation.

a vacation for them is a field trip during summer school.

Back
Top Bottom