Going to Boston tips on things to do?

As the title says, I'm going to Boston for a little weekend getaway with the gf next weekend. Any suggestions on what to do?

Sidebar: Will I be confronted for rocking the Yankees fitted?

back bay

also south end has a ton of restaurants

either way boston during the summer is quite nice.

everyone's saying north end for restaurants, but all you'll find there is italian. i don't really like italian food all that much......i recommendthe south end, tons of restaurants, all different kinds.

For food-

North End had some good spots to eat.

R.F. O'Sullivan's was a bit in the cuts, but a cool spot to eat

I forget the bars we went to, but there are plenty.

Visit Landsdowne St./Kenmore, Fanuiel Hall/Quincy Market, the North End (for some bomb Italian food..
laugh.gif
)

You'll get passing verbal jabs but no ones gonna get up in your face about it or anything.

paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark the caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

jump off the tobin with your hat on...

nah, no worries, you won't get any problems with the hat. only place you get comments or remarks would be fenway. that said, you should check out the area.its nice on game day, lot of people, the bars next to the stadium are always packed. for food, north end has the italian food as people have said. not surewhat you and the lady like as far as food. take her to newbury street during the afternoon, unless she's going to make you empty your wallet. but newburyhas some nice shopping and some outdoor seating restaurants.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Bodega
SMH..... going on trip with his GF and all you can suggest is a sneaker shop? (like NYC doesn;t have enough of the same thing....?)

one of the things Boston is known for is how walkable the city is.... all of the common areas are close to each other.... hit up the North End, South End, passthrough Beacon Hill, Back Bay. There's restaurants all over. Go to the Esplanade and walk along the Charles River. Take a boat tour to the islands. Go toHarvard Square. Walk on the Freedom Trail.

Don't worry about the Yankees wear...nobody's really gonna get in your face unless you get in their's and they're drunk.....

I must say, truth to the walk ability.....

We took a weekend trip to Bos about 2 years ago...a red eye, landed, got to our hotel room and basically bounced for the day.
Walked the entire freedom trial and climbed bunker hill....then headed back. The T isn't bad at all either (especially compared to the transist systems wecame from in SF).

Please kill Tom Brady, blow up Fenway Park while the Red Sox are playing and spit in Kevin Garnetts face....

Harvard Sq., Newbury Street, Charles River

Don't go to Fenway with that hat
sick.gif
especially after that four gameseries
mad.gif

Don't worry about the Yankees hat. I live in Boston and a Yankees fitted is part of my rotation...you won't get any comments in the neighborhoods(dorchester, roxbury, JP, hyde park, roslindale etc)...but around the nicer parts of town you will

Originally Posted by dj B Milk

yes. serious business. What an Irish Dood with a "B" hat walked through the BX?

btw if youre still into kicks, check out Niketown on Newbury St.

drink Bubble Tea.

Back
Top Bottom