Going to court for first time tomorrow, TIPS pause and info ??

Never been to court myself, I am 21 in school and live in Texas. I will try to give you every piece of info I can in order to receive guidance from my fareastern NT brothers and patnah-dem

I received a speeding ticket in june/july for being 11 over
sick.gif
troopers. blah blah, paid it, went through the option of doing defensive driving, still have notgotten the course done and have a few days left until it expires.

i received another ticket in august speeding like 22 over but was not arrested, pleaded my case to the cop [a trooper in the city] about how my dog threw upand I had to clean it before work, hence me speeding in order to possibly not be late, he didn't care. So that's another ticket. This ticketspecifically expired on sep23 and I thought it expired sep31 hence me not havign paid it yet, but I just realized my error this morning. So I am late on thisticket, and would like to know how I could go about explaining this situation with the judge and how my first ticket could have an impact on it.

So:
-Proper dress? What can I rock besides a #7 jersey and look presentable?
-How do I explain my work schedule and reasoning to the judge in a professional manner in hopes of him reducing it?
-Any tips for certain keywords I can use in my favor ?
-??????
-profit

PS: I'm afro-latin and in TX. Don't know if yall have any experience with something similar
laugh.gif
tired.gif

if its your 2nd time and you went to driving school for the first ticket you won't be able to get the points off...plead no contest and ask for reducefine...

I live in Houston and have taken defensive driving for a speeding ticket. You probably won't be able to take defensive driving anymore because it statessomething to the effect that no other speeding infraction can take place within a year of taking the course, and you haven't even done that. I could bewrong though. You'll probably just have to pay both the tickets plus court fees and be on your way. If you don't have all the money, you can set up apayment plan with the clerk. You can forget about pleading your case to the judge. It's called responsibility fam. Just take the L and pay the fines.

pleaded my case to the cop [a trooper in the city] about how my dog threw up and I had to clean it before work, hence me speeding in order to possibly not be late
see there's where you messed up
smh.gif

you're not supposed to admit guilt, especially to the cop
tired.gif

PS: I'm afro-latin and in TX. Don't know if yall have any experience with something similar
laugh.gif
tired.gif

yea you're doin' 10-20

There is something that my lawyer got for me on my four-point speeding ticket but I can't recall what it's called. I'll update this if it comes tome. I received no points, and I only had to pay court fees and I didn't have to go to traffic school either. My best advice is don't speed though, theconsequences outweigh the fun to me.

never been....
but dont sneeze....
* that guy from chicago (or whatever) that got time*

Back
Top Bottom