Gone Girl - starring Ben Affleck directed by David Fincher 10/03/2014

Why did you guys think the movie was so great? I thought the acting was average, movie was too long and lacked climax. SE7EN is a great movie. I thought gone baby was solid, but not worthy of the praise.

Last edited:
Why did you guys think the movie was so great? I'm the acting was average, movie was too long and lacked climax. SE7EN is a great movie. I thought gone baby was solid, but not worthy of the praise.

Ending was SUPER flat, movie was good though, wouldn't say best I saw this yr though.

Ending was def. not my favorite but the movie as a whole was great. I can't believe how it ended up .. ridiculous. Pike, Ben :pimp: - great performances from both. my girl Nora from Leftovers did really well.. she's a great actress, hope to see her in a leading role soon.

October always starts off with some good movies, this year was no different. Oscar season in a month - we're off to a good start.

Margo is Nora on The Leftovers (critics were obviously mixed on the show, but most thought she was good in her role as did I). Pretty good year for her.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this last night and just at a loss for words how crazy she was.

The film was good but I didn't love it like most people seem to.

It reminded me of the movie Side Effects from last year.

Def a good watch.  Pretty sure Im in love with Rosa Pikes
nerd.gif

Chicks man, they all have some kinda crazy in them. 

Loved it. The movie had my attention the whole way except when I had to use the restroom.

worst part of the movie is having to hold in pissing for like an hour and 45 min :smh:

I couldn't hold it left right before he was giving in the interview. Gonna have to re-watch that part once it comes out on blu-ray.

Great movie but I have to agree ending was flat, wanted something more....just not satisfied with it.

Felt like half the movie could pass as a single flick.

And was Desi part of her plan? Or was he someone to fall back on since she was running low on cash while somehow making him part of her alibi on the fly?

Felt like half the movie could pass as a single flick.

And was Desi part of her plan? Or was he someone to fall back on since she was running low on cash while somehow making him part of her alibi on the fly?

Nawww... Desi was improvised since she got robbed by ol' girl. Plus, like Affleck said... he said everything he knew she wanted her to hear in that interview so she can come back and prove that he didn't kill her.

Nawww... Desi was improvised since she got robbed by ol' girl. Plus, like Affleck said... he said everything he knew she wanted her to hear in that interview so she can come back and prove that he didn't kill her.

See, me and my brother was discussing this. This is his train of thought.

Mine?

I feel like when she watched that interview, she was happy because she felt like she won, she finally got him to admit that he was wrong, and things like that. However, since she was missing and assumed dead, and she was with this guy who was obsessed with her, she had to find a way to get out of this situation. The only way out of that predicament she felt, was to play against his past as a convicted stalker and what not. So she killed him, left, and made it look like a kidnapping.

See, me and my brother was discussing this. This is his train of thought.

Mine?
I feel like when she watched that interview, she was happy because she felt like she won, she finally got him to admit that he was wrong, and things like that. However, since she was missing and assumed dead, and she was with this guy who was obsessed with her, she had to find a way to get out of this situation. The only way out of that predicament she felt, was to play against his past as a convicted stalker and what not. So she killed him, left, and made it look like a kidnapping.
Eventhough you guys pointed out something that should've been kind of obvious, reading these just added another new dimension of the story/movie for me

I had to use the restroom roughly around this time and wanted to clear things up.

Back
Top Bottom