Good part-time job to have on top of your full time?

Minimum 200 hours for da year...thats nothin
Sure isn't. Sounds like I need to apply! I wonder if they'll say I'm over qualified? I haven't had a civilian job in years, so I wonder if I'm better off not giving too much information? Hopefully they inquire much about my current job or ask why the hell I want to load luggage when I already have a full time job and a master's and my A&P. I can't think of anyone I know off the top of my head, but I've heard several stories of people getting down for jobs and told they're "over qualified." Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Are you capped on how much you're allowed to fly? I'd love to be able to go places for the weekend and such. Or do more international travel, too. Let me know where a good place to start is, I live like 15 minutes from Houston Hobby.

Thanks again for the reply

Last edited:
a weekend gig at delta sounds like a go for me.

I'm within good driving distance from Fort Lauderdale, MIA and WPB airports. PM me whoever got that kinda hookup please :pimp:

Pizza Delivery guy...I work part time and make very good $$.. Work in a good area and youll be set. I work prob 25-30 hrs and make 3-500 a week

Very easy job.. Work a double like 11-8 and make $110+ on a Wednesday for example.. Friday ill do 11-8/9 and make $200ish. Ive made a little more than $300 once working 11-830

Free food too lol

One of the drivers at the restaurant I work at does like 45 hours a week and he prob makes 45-50k a year..
How Mich of that goes to gas and maintenance on da hemi, thougg?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If I still had my lil beater 240SX, I would have been applied.

Pizza Delivery guy...I work part time and make very good $$.. Work in a good area and youll be set. I work prob 25-30 hrs and make 3-500 a week

Very easy job.. Work a double like 11-8 and make $110+ on a Wednesday for example.. Friday ill do 11-8/9 and make $200ish. Ive made a little more than $300 once working 11-830

Free food too lol

One of the drivers at the restaurant I work at does like 45 hours a week and he prob makes 45-50k a year..
Bro this would be clutch. Do you work for a big pizza company? I'm about to apply ASAP. And yeah I need info on gas, mileage, etc.

I get ~300 miles to the tank on my car and I fill up probably once a week.. I work for a local pizza shop. I wouldnt think that dominos, pizza hut, etc make as much as here though..

I get paid $2.50 per delivery + tips ..Today I worked 11-830 and made $154.. cash

Last edited:
I have this product anyone can market and a lot of people, especially younger people, use. PM for more info. I just wish I had more time right now but that shouldn't stop everyone else from joining in.

I agree. Delevery drivers get paid. I think Domino's is 18$ an hour plus tips.
Gym would be great.
I always wanted to work at a small indie movie theater on weekends.
You can try different jobs. Since you have a full time you dont have to commit to the side job, you can quit whenever you want.

I agree. Delevery drivers get paid. I think Domino's is 18$ an hour plus tips.
Gym would be great.
I always wanted to work at a small indie movie theater on weekends.
You can try different jobs. Since you have a full time you dont have to commit to the side job, you can quit whenever you want.

I worked at dominoes as a delivery driver the summer after my sophomore year of college. Made 7.25 an hours + tips.

Was working about between 36-45 a week (so basically full time hours without full time benefits). Would average around $300 in tips if I was on the road enough. They tax tips -- if it was added to the credit card they'll purchase the whole thing, if they gave it to you in cash you'd only have to report a dollar. Regardless, I was making a little over 1k a paycheck every two weeks, most of it in cash. Was a great summer.

bartend or be a server at a busy restaurant like Morton's or something.

I've been a bartender on the weekends for years now. Most of the time its fun, I can get hammered, get paid, still hang with friends etc.

There are times though that its brutal, like anything else. Like when I party all night on a Saturday. Don't leave the bar until 5-6 am then have to be back at 7pm looking at a lot of the same faces.

Last edited:
Minimum 200 hours for da year...thats nothin

Sure isn't. Sounds like I need to apply! I wonder if they'll say I'm over qualified? I haven't had a civilian job in years, so I wonder if I'm better off not giving too much information? Hopefully they inquire much about my current job or ask why the hell I want to load luggage when I already have a full time job and a master's and my A&P. I can't think of anyone I know off the top of my head, but I've heard several stories of people getting down for jobs and told they're "over qualified." Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Are you capped on how much you're allowed to fly? I'd love to be able to go places for the weekend and such. Or do more international travel, too. Let me know where a good place to start is, I live like 15 minutes from Houston Hobby.

Thanks again for the reply

Everyone things that :lol: if you have free flight benefits you'll be traveling somewhere new every weekend or whenever you get a chance... you may be flying for free but don't forget once you land to where you going you still have to pay for hotel, food, car rental, and whatever else activities you plan to do.

I say go for it though because it seems it will work out for you... good luck.

Delta is expanding like crazy right now I think they're almost done with their new rebuild of their Terminal at JFK and they're going to be the biggest carrier out of LGA too.

...what kind of retail do you work at?
laugh.gif
retail is hard work now?

Retail is the most physically demanding and stressful job you can have that pays terrible.
Depending on what you do. I worked at major chain store part time for extra cash and its simple,work. Only stressful if you allow it to be. Plenty of people work there on the side to make up for savings or just extra money for other things(one lady worked there to save money for her daughter's car)

Last edited:
Everyone things that
laugh.gif
if you have free flight benefits you'll be traveling somewhere new every weekend or whenever you get a chance... you may be flying for free but don't forget once you land to where you going you still have to pay for hotel, food, car rental, and whatever else activities you plan to do.

I say go for it though because it seems it will work out for you... good luck.

Delta is expanding like crazy right now I think they're almost done with their new rebuild of their Terminal at JFK and they're going to be the biggest carrier out of LGA too.
No illusions of "jetting off" every weekend, lol. More like I live in Houston and GF lives in Pensacola, so it's that's beneficial to fly to see her haha. Also grew up in Central Florida and have Bucs season tix, so I can stay there for free. Plus, I'm in the Coast Guard so I have buddies, other friends in the military or friends and family just plain moved away across the U.S. or overseas. I'd probably fly once a month. Definitely not every weekend though! ha

Depending on what you do. I worked at major chain store part time for extra cash and its simple,work. Only stressful if you allow it to be. Plenty of people work there on the side to make up for savings or just extra money for other things(one lady worked there to save money for her daughter's car)
Good reason for retail not to be stressful if it isn't your primary job. It's a liberating feeling when you can tell them to shove up their a** if you're not happy. 

You must have worked at the most stress free/high morale city/town in the world because it ain't that easy with 99% of retail jobs man :lol:

Getting out of it was the best decision I made.

Back
Top Bottom