good quote for someone whos lost in life

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Originally Posted by Alice Walker

Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.
Originally Posted by Anais Nin

Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Originally Posted by Tom Lehrer

Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
Originally Posted by Theodore Rubin

There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking.
Originally Posted by Germaine Greer

Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life.

Couldnt have thought of a better first post after an almost 2-year hiatus from NT.

Great stuff guys, keep them coming.

I know i have a pretty big list of good ones i have saved, ill try to find them.

Originally Posted by hnydlr
eek.gif

Didn't know it was two years tho'...crazy.

There is a Yankees thread on NT you know...
nerd.gif

There is a Yankees thread on NT you know...
Yea bro just came from there, was checking it out.

lol cant believe you still have the same avy. I gotta work on my avy and sig lol.

Go Yanks !

if there is one quote that i always come back to it's..

" You can lose a lot of money chasing women, but you’ll never lose women chasing money."

real talk.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

if there is one quote that i always come back to it's..

" You can lose a lot of money chasing women, but you’ll never lose women chasing money."

real talk.

that one Chris Rock movie right?
pimp.gif

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Hope is necessary in every condition.

As it is necessary not to invite robbery by supineness, so it is our duty not to suppress tenderness by suspicion; it is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.

Every man is rich or poor according to the proportion between his desires and his enjoyments

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Hope is necessary in every condition.

As it is necessary not to invite robbery by supineness, so it is our duty not to suppress tenderness by suspicion; it is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust.

Every man is rich or poor according to the proportion between his desires and his enjoyments
pimp.gif

Pleasure is very seldom found where it is sought. Our brightest blazes of gladness are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks.

Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

I hate a fellow whom pride or cowardice or laziness drives into a corner, and who does nothing when he is there but sit and growl. Let him come out as I do, and bark.

The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.

A fly, Sir, may sting a stately horse and make him wince; but one is but an insect, and the other is a horse still.

Hope is itself a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords.

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.

While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till grief be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.

Were it not for imagination, Sir, a man would be as happy in the arms of a chambermaid as of a Duchess.

A man who exposes himself when he is intoxicated, has not the art of getting drunk.

It is better to live rich, than to die rich.

To let friendship die away by negligence and silence, is certainly not wise. It is voluntarily to throw away one of the greatest comforts of this weary pilgrimage.

my son, Samuel Johnson
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chris steez

When your first born you are crying and everyone around you is smiling...live your life so that at your funeral your the one whos smiling and everyone around you is crying...
This one right here is a cold quote!
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom