Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by dreClark

https://twitter.com/#!/BillBankGreene
Did !!#@ just get real?

https://twitter.com/#
Better hope they didn't find out about the prepaid debit cards y'all been handing out like candy 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude, like every school south of Maine does this
1) If that were true, the ACC wouldn't be as god-awful as it is
laugh.gif

2) Even still, they need to not be so reckless. The only reason I brought that up is some Noles were freely talking about the $ amounts on their cards at the bar down there to some guy they don't even know who happened to be a VT guy going to grad school at FSU. Not a good look. Luckily he doesn't give a crap or hate FSU (obviously since he chose to go there) but if it had been a FLA fan the NCAA would be up FSU's %%$ already. 
laugh.gif

I'm not saying either side is wrong here, but after reading over some things, I'm interested in some things Lyles said before they Yahoo! report.

Dude said that Oregon got a great product on a radio show a couple of weeks ago, now he's saying something a little different. It'll be interesting to see how this all falls out.

Not really looking forward to it either
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
:X

Nice Denard video. Kills me to watch that and remember how of those big plays were then screwed up inside the 5 yard line. So many wasted big plays. Their redzone offense was an abortion.

Also, looking at the scores when Denard made plays.... The defense was an abortion.

I wold be shocked if the offense will not be able to put up enough points if the D can go from 110th nationally to somewhere around the 50/60 mark. Sad that I am saying that is a benchmark for Michigan D.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I'm not saying either side is wrong here, but after reading over some things, I'm interested in some things Lyles said before they Yahoo! report.

Dude said that Oregon got a great product on a radio show a couple of weeks ago, now he's saying something a little different. It'll be interesting to see how this all falls out.

Not really looking forward to it either
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
:X
The way I look at it is Lyles was asked to produce some information to make his recruiting service seem legit, and didn't have any intention of those documents being released.  That is why he gave that sub par report.  Once Oregon released that they were basically throwing him under the bus making it look like he is the shady one and his recruiting service is a joke since he provided them with outdated information.  Lyles then decided that since they basically threw him under the bus he was going to take the blame and released all the information he had to save face.  And now we are where we are with this.

Depending on how much the local media wants to dig, this could get a lot worse for oregon.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Depending on how much the local media wants to dig, this could get a lot worse for oregon.

They will. Every writer will want to have the story that gets picked up nationally.

I said the same thing about tOSU, this goes much deeper than what is initially reported and there is no way for the HC can keep his job. Even if Chip doesn't cover up the way the vest did, he has to go. Oregon isn't tOSU or USC they can't instantly return to a high level the way those 2 powers can. Oregon has to throw themselves on the of the NCAA.

Bellotti resigned as AD before last year started. Remember he was calling games for ESPN.

Phil Knight might as well be the AD at Oregon, whatever he says gets done.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Temple returning to the Big East? Some football recruits seem to think so[/h1][h5]Published: Saturday, July 02, 2011, 2:37 PM     Updated: Sunday, July 03, 2011, 1:03 PM[/h5]
By The Post-Standard
Follow

ShareEmailPrint

9760284-large.jpg
APTemple wide receiver James Nixon (23) catches a pass against UCLA defenders Sheldon Price, back, and Alterraun Verner (1) during the first quarter of the EagleBank Bowl NCAA college football game on Dec. 29, 2009, in Washington.

Is Temple on track to return to the Big East Conference?

If you listen to some of the quotes coming from their football recruits, you'd get that impression.

The Orlando Sentinel's report on Florida linebacker Michael Kalaman committing to Temple included this quote from the player:

"I am really excited about being coached under new head coach Steve Addazio, as well as the other coaches he brought along. Temple will hopefully be moving back to the Big East by the time I get there in 2012. I believe they are on the verge of excellent things with their football program."

Meanwhile, there is this ESPN report on another verbal commitment to Temple, tight end Jameson McShea. Here is a quote from McShea:

"I'm more of a receiver, but I have the body to block. They told me they're going to use two tight ends and Coach Addazio, from his history at Florida, I know he'll be passing the ball a lot. The program is probably going to be in the Big East and I know he's gonna get the job done there."

We're not done yet. The blog Temple Football forever has this about two more Owl recruits who have brought up the Temple-to-the-Big-East line:

One of the recruits flat-out said that the Temple coaches have told him that the school is going to be playing in the Big East soon and another recruit's father, Tavon Young, offered this interesting nugget yesterday:

"Tavon has committed to Temple,

Was wondering what other forums yall read for college football news and discussion? Not talking about specific team pages or anything, but is there any forums yall go to that discuss all teams/conferences?

Sad news out of Georgia’s football recruiting circles. Here are some details by the AJC’s Mike Morris:
The mother of Auburn University freshman receiver and Troup County High School football standout Quan Bray was shot and killed Sunday morning in LaGrange.

According to WTVM-TV in Columbus, LaGrange police responding to a car accident found that the driver,Tonya Bray, had been shot in the head. She was pronounced dead at West Georgia Medical Center.

A short time after her death, Jeff Jones turned himself in, telling police that he had driven up to Tonya Bray’s car and shot her, WTVM reported. According to the station, Tonya Bray and Jones had been in an 18-year relationship.

Jones is being held in the Troup County Jail, charged with murder.

Here’s some more information from the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer’s Alan Riquelmy:
Moments before Bray wrecked, witnesses saw a green car chasing her silver, four-door vehicle down Ragland Street. At one point, the driver of the green car pulled up beside Bray and fired several shots at her, LaGrange Police Capt. Dale Strickland said.

“That more than likely caused the victim to crash,

I'm hearing UGA is next on the list. No way you guys land in-state talent that other teams actually want w/o some sort of bribery....

Spoiler [+]
20110128203738!Trollface.png

Back
Top Bottom