Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

they not leaving Ogletree outside? I thought he'd be a beast on the edge.

and honestly I dont know how HCD is doing. I think Bama is stacked at DB right now. he'd have to wow coaches to get burn

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

The Vols suck a little less today.

laugh.gif

Yep

we're going to need soem miraculous play from the freshman.

btw reports are that Marlin Lane is the next great UT Vol RB.

Poole better be GRINDING

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and honestly I dont know how HCD is doing. I think Bama is stacked at DB right now. he'd have to wow coaches to get burn
Saban ain't playing no freshman DB's no matter how good they are. Unless injuries force him to.

I remember watching Florida - Miami a few years ago when Tebow was there. Gators won big, and they interviewed Sapp during the game and he said the Canes were real young and will get them next time they played..

Anyhow I thought they said they were playing again in 2011? What happened or is it 2012?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
aasckwjef McAdoo sonned himself with that lawsuit. I definitely thought he had a case until I saw today that a good bit of his paper is plagiarized; 10 paragraphs straight copy and pasted. The honor court didn't catch that but grimey NC State fans did.

Clearly he either didn't know you couldn't do that or he didn't write the paper, cus he'd be a damn fool to file this lawsuit otherwise
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Anyhow I thought they said they were playing again in 2011? What happened or is it 2012?

*In before UF is scared to play every year*

Mike Davis put up a sparq rating of 123.21 at the Eugene camp

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
  Man, cheer up, I'm sure Miami will do something stupid soon for you to feel better about, come on. 
laugh.gif

And I don't even mean to needle you and Noskey or the rare cool duck fans in here, but for every one of you guys, you have a bunch of tool bags like Exile that still hiding after Boise St a few years ago.  Those types don't wanna hear from me these days. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  Dudes at work won't even look me in the face right now. 

And after I was so nice to print out copies of the Yahoo report and leave it on their desks for them. 

roll.gif
roll.gif

Noskey, Ches, Funk,  I'm sorry to you guys, truly, you all get the bigger picture of college football that many other Duck fans simply do not. 
Just want my guys in green to play football again. Dudes are tweetin like this will blow over and stuff. This story is all over the place tho. IMHO I really feel like it's gonna come down to he said/she said kinda thing. Lots of gray in the picture.

15 dont have to change nothing about his game

dont listen to those Volnation idiots
I agree they are idiots but
laugh.gif
If you dont think he has a launching problem, boy always leaves his feet if he can't pick it off. See last minute of regulation in the Music City Bowl for most recent evidence. Everything else screams All-American
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
aasckwjef McAdoo sonned himself with that lawsuit. I definitely thought he had a case until I saw today that a good bit of his paper is plagiarized; 10 paragraphs straight copy and pasted. The honor court didn't catch that but grimey NC State fans did.

Clearly he either didn't know you couldn't do that or he didn't write the paper, cus he'd be a damn fool to file this lawsuit otherwise
laugh.gif
You have no idea what you are talking about.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In our NOA letter the NCAA cited MM being out for multiple academic fraud violations over several semesters. UNC honor court found him not guilty on one paper, the student attorney general didn't even review one case because there was no evidence of academic misconduct, and he was found guilty by the honor court and suspended for spring 2011 semester because he e-mailed the tutor his paper for review and she reformatted his works cited page into APA format. Being found guilty once does not equal multiple times. He's got a strong case. I can see the NCAA revisiting their decision based on the new evidence and reinstating him for this season, while "saving face" by blaming their original decision on UNC as they failed to provide the facts/results from his cases with the honor court. 

NC State fans and VT fans want our program to get the death penalty and Butch to get the can in the worst way, but that $!*@ isn't going to happen.  

i find it hilarious how student athletes can get sooo much %!%% over the smallest things. I can't count the number of times as an writing/lit tutor i reformatted/edited/wrote entire paragraphs for people (with the knowledge of the professors.) tutors are practically keeping half the kids in school. if they really nitpicked they'd find these "violations" across the board on rosters nation wide. what exactly does the ncaa think it is that tutors do?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You have no idea what you are talking about.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In our NOA letter the NCAA cited MM being out for multiple academic fraud violations over several semesters. UNC honor court found him not guilty on one paper, the student attorney general didn't even review one case because there was no evidence of academic misconduct, and he was found guilty by the honor court and suspended for spring 2011 semester because he e-mailed the tutor his paper for review and she reformatted his works cited page into APA format. Being found guilty once does not equal multiple times. He's got a strong case. I can see the NCAA revisiting their decision based on the new evidence and reinstating him for this season, while "saving face" by blaming their original decision on UNC as they failed to provide the facts/results from his cases with the honor court. 

NC State fans and VT fans want our program to get the death penalty and Butch to get the can in the worst way, but that $!*@ isn't going to happen.  
You're right in that he wasn't found guilty of multiple fraud violations over several semesters by the honor court. Happy? However, I doubt he can say he has much of a case when:
A) Just because the honor court didn't find him guilty, doesn't mean he didn't do anything wrong. The NCAA is not a criminal court; they don't have to prove he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They are also not obligated to go on the ruling of a student-led honor court. BTW, the difference in one of the cases that the honor court found insufficient evidence for was that the tutor said in her email something like, "Great job Mike! I added your citations and bibliography." The honor court said that because she said "your" instead of "my" that it was reasonable to conclude that he could have done the citations and bibliography, but she just put them all together in one document for him. 
eyes.gif
 In the case he was found guilty her language in the email was entirely clear that she had done the work for him. He also admitted to reaching out to this tutor after she graduated and he had been assigned another one because he was used to her providing help with the citations, so it's pretty obvious that it happened more than just once. I honestly don't give a $%$$ if the tutor did all that for him, but if the NCAA reviewed that evidence it is entirely reasonable for them to conclude on their own that she did the work for him in those three instances, despite what the honor court said. 

B) If you bother to actually read the paper and look at all the examples that have been cited, he's clearly guilty of plagiarism so he would have to be pretty audacious to claim that the NCAA was negligible in overstating his academic misconduct when it was in reality worse than UNC or the NCAA even alleged. If he hadn't plagiarized the paper I agree with you that he might have had a case(which I said in my first post) because having somebody format a works cited page is pretty minor.

In the original appeal to the NCAA, UNC's legal counsel said "We understand that the AMA suggests this is academic fraud; we are not arguing that. We have two main reasons to litigate. The first one is the nature of the assistance. THIS WORK REFLECTS HIS IDEAS EXCLUSIVELY. IT IS NOT A RIP OFF. THIS REALLY IS HIS WORK." 

Except it's not. McAdoo also stated to NCAA officials that he personally wrote the entire paper and found and identified all his sources, and his work with the tutor was an honest effort to properly cite everything and avoid plagiarism. Either he was saying that to save his own $!%, he has no idea what plagiarism is, or he knows what it is but didn't write the paper and didn't know that whoever put it together simply copied and pasted entire paragraphs from books/websites. Either way, do you expect the NCAA to revisit its ruling when everything he told them in the appeal can either be proven to be a lie and/or expose even more severe academic fraud?

It would be like if I got fired from my job because they told me I failed 3 consecutive drug tests and tested positive for marijuana. I come back with the drug tests and say, "I was wrongfully terminated because I only tested positive for marijuana once, I only should have been warned/suspended." Then they look at the results and say, "Yea, but now that we look at these tests again you also tested positive for heroine, so shut up." 

If it were up to me I would reinstate McAdoo, because he stands a lot more of a chance at succeeding in life if he's able to play next year and make it to the league somehow. Nobody's ever going to ask him to write a paper on Swahili in the real world. But I can't feel sorry for him or think his lawsuit has merit if he ripped off somebody else in the assignment. 

All this academic stuff is whatever; it happens at every university and IMO doesn't make the player a bad person at all; perhaps lazy, dishonest, or too willing to take shortcuts at worst. None of it leads to an advantage in recruiting or on the field so I don't really care, I just found it funny that he would sue the NCAA for damages knowing that his paper, which he plagiarized, would be evidence in court, and had to respond when you so arrogantly told me I had no idea what I was talking about. 

I don't want UNC to get the death penalty, but I would like to see Butch get canned. It's just funny to me to see so many people staunchly defend him as if he's innocent in all of this despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary (big shock that he hired this same tutor afterwards, and she was the same one that paid $1700 worth of a player's parking tickets. I'm sure that's just a coincidence though). I don't know if they are just THAT big of a homer fanbase that they can't see it, or they just don't care since Butch is the only one that capable of leading them to those Meineke Car Care Bowl victories
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Corey Coleman ran a 4.32 laser.
sick.gif

Daje Johnson with a pair of 4.35s...
Trey Williams with a 4.37 earlier today.

Derrick Henry ran a 4.45 at 230+ as a junior?
sick.gif

Kyle Kalis is looking to make a return trip to Michigan this weekend with the family. Only good things should come of this if it happens.

Jarrod Wilson will be announcing tomorrow. Hopefully for Michigan.

Originally Posted by firered18

15 dont have to change nothing about his game

dont listen to those Volnation idiots
I agree they are idiots but
laugh.gif
If you dont think he has a launching problem, boy always leaves his feet if he can't pick it off. See last minute of regulation in the Music City Bowl for most recent evidence. Everything else screams All-American
pimp.gif

Yeah , ur either reading too much volnation or u gotta focus on actual football more.

That play in the music city bowl was actually a great play. It was a bad and egregiously wrong call by therefs. Not only was the ball high and him ad WR had to jump, Janzen led with his shoulder and jarred the ball loose. The pass should not have been called complete and no flag should have been called...
laugh.gif
Launching, What's the difference in Janzen's tackles and Eric berry's?? .... 

_____ Derrick Henry running anything under a 4.6 is sick !!!  
eek.gif

[h2]Alabama may be close to the perfect defense. But about that pass rush…[/h2]
By Matt Hinton
alabama_may_be_the_perfect_defense_but_about_that_pass_rush.jpg
I'm not the betting type, but if it was possible to buy shares in any single unit in college football this fall, I'd put everything into the Alabama defense. With All-SEC safety Mark Barron's decision to skip the draft for his senior season, 'Bama returns a whopping ten starters from the group that led the SEC last year in every major defensive category, all of them former four and five-star prospects from the succession of chart-topping recruiting classes that have beaten a path to Tuscaloosa over the last three years. (To say nothing of the latest chart-topping class that signed on in February.) By any significant measure — against the run, against the pass, yards allowed, points allowed — the Crimson Tide have finished among the top 10 nationally three years running, and barring catastrophe, the 2011 edition will inevitably make it four.

The only place that their scorched-earth campaign hasn't quite reach: The pass rush. Since Nick Saban's arrival in 2007, 'Bama has remained firmly in the middle of the pack when it comes to getting to the quarterback, finishing 73rd, 71st, 40th and 54th nationally in sacks over the last four years, and is still waiting on the emergence of a consistent threat off the edge.

That's in stark contrast to Saban's equally rocking defenses at LSU from 2000-05, which prided itself on harassing quarterbacks on a regular basis and sent a half-dozen defensive linemen on to the NFL in one three-year span.http:// The front four of the Tigers' 2003 BCS championship team featured bookend rushers (Marcus Spears and Marquise Hill) who later went in the first and second rounds, respectively, and a consensus All-American (Chad Lavalais) who led the team in sacks up the middle. At Alabama, Saban has favored bigger ends who can double as tackles in his hybrid 4-3/3-4 scheme, and their rendezvous with quarterbacks have been fewer and further between. Since Wallace Gilberry racked up 10 sacks in Saban's first year, only other 'Bama players — Marcell Dareus with 6.5 sacks in 2009 and Courtney Upshaw with seven last year — have delivered more than five QB takedowns in a single season.

alabama_may_be_the_perfect_defense_but_about_that_pass_rush.jpg
In fact, after a 24-21 loss at LSU last November, Alabama ranked dead last in the SEC with a grand total of 11 sacks in nine games — which seems to be the moment the Tide began to get a whiff of blood in the water, because the last four games were a frenzy. The following week, Mississippi State's Chris Relf went down five times in a 34-10 'Bama rout; two weeks after that, Auburn's epic comeback in Tuscaloosa came in spite of a season-high four takedowns of übermensch quarterback Cam Newton. In the bowl game, Michigan State's Kirk Cousins barely made it out of the stadium alive after enduring four sacks (backup Andrew Maxwell took a fifth) and a pair of fumbles in a gruesome, 49-7 massacre.

It took that late surge just to lift the rush to "mediocre" on the stat sheet. But with the lingering taste of blood, the emphasis in the spring seemed to be on developing a mindset to hunt down more:
"We went into [the bowl game] just wanting to get that bad taste out of our mouths," Upshaw said. "We were real confident. I know coming into this season, as a defensive whole, I know as a team that we're just ready step up our game and get back to the top."
[…]
"We had it in us," Alabama nose guard Josh Chapman said of the pass rush. "It's just something we didn't practice hard at. That's one thing we're doing now. We want to stop the run. Nobody was gonna run the ball. Now we want nobody to pass the ball or run the ball."

The 2011 edition's most obvious advantage compared to other 'Bama defenses under Saban is the presence of a truly promising threat off the edge: Courtney Upshaw. Once he was unleashed at the end of the season, Upshaw emerged from a relatively anonymous cog in Saban's death machine into an individual force in his own right, dragging down Newton three times and Cousins twice with three forced fumbles. (Earlier in the season he also notched four tackles for loss without a sack in the October obliteration of Florida.) But if the Iron and Capital One bowls signaled Upshaw's arrival as an All-SEC disruptor in opposing backfields, the rest of the front seven remains more adept at forming an impenetrable wall than bringing the heat: The leading returning sack master behind Upshaw is 285-pound end/tackle Damion Square, who had three.

Not that there's anything wrong with stacking gaps — again, the Crimson Tide are going to roll defensively regardless of any increased pressure, or lack thereof. If they add the final piece of the nightmare, though, you can turn out the light on the SEC race right now.

Back
Top Bottom