Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

67456_103226879745618_100001749184644_16510_6322933_n.jpg

163411_137867172941962_100001560408564_224335_1106555_n.jpg

Georgia Power

Thanks for keepin it warm, ******.

Spoiler [+]
190040_1937846044262_1185704906_32375006_4188599_n.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he aint got a choice, this Negro got Caleb King type grades, he's goin to Juco til 2013

Exactly.
That is why  I never saw them going to the same school because Corey will not be attending a D1 school. 

Wilson has great instincts at safety. Pair him with Allen Gant (6-2 210lbs) who should bounce back from an injury filled junior year and that is a good S haul.

Corey Smith to the Vols.

too bad he's a 6th yr senior in High school and will prolly have to go to Hargrave or some other Prep school

laugh.gif
this was from May  the day when he committed ....

and now it comes out that he cant even play HS ball next yr because he's so far gone with his ineligibility.

dude is going straight to JUCO in the fall. Ive never heard of that before
30t6p3b.gif

Corey Smith to the Vols.

too bad he's a 6th yr senior in High school and will prolly have to go to Hargrave or some other Prep school

laugh.gif
this was from May  the day when he committed ....

and now it comes out that he cant even play HS ball next yr because he's so far gone with his ineligibility.

dude is going straight to JUCO in the fall. Ive never heard of that before
30t6p3b.gif
Me neither. I am wondering if he has even cracked a 1.0 cumulative GPA. Jarrod Wilson, on the other hand, has a 4.1 GPA. 
roll.gif

So Tressell went from resigning and owing a 250K fine, to "retiring" and now not owing the 250K, as well as drawing a pension?  Thas really what we're doing here? 
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

So Tressell went from resigning and owing a 250K fine, to "retiring" and now not owing the 250K, as well as drawing a pension?  Thas really what we're doing here? 
nerd.gif
roll.gif
This is what confuses me.  Tressel falls on the sword and the university continuously runs the bus over him and backs it up on him saying he acted alone.  I get that part. They need a fall guy, and it is his fault (along with the players) that Ohio State's in this mess in the first place.
But if you're trying to paint the picture to the NCAA that he acted alone and he was the only problem in the program...then why change what his original monetary punishment was?  Everyone knows now that Gene Smith (who hopefully doesn't have a job by the end of the year) called for his resignation...so why call it a retirement when everyone knows it wasn't.  Is it basically a "thank you for letting us bury you" type of gesture?

Someone a lot smarter than I am want to clue me in?

^
Probably an agreement from jump.  Tressell probably agreed to let them bury him with the knowledge that a few weeks later they would "quietly" change it all back up.  I doubt he's lookin for work elsewhere, so he lets them soil his name, long as he gets the money on the backend to live his life. 

I'm laughing at it that it will probably work on the NCAA tho.  We all see thru that mess, but it still won't make the NCAA come down any harder on Ohio St.  They'll simply say, well they did fire their coach, and they did vacate wins, so here's a couple years probation and maybe lose a couple scholly's while we're here and call it good. 
30t6p3b.gif

I just wanna know if they will get LIC like SC did.  That's where SC fans are going to light up the airwaves if Ohio St don't catch that.  And they would have every right too. 

Nah. OSU is definitely getting hit harder than USC. Bigger/worse crime, it went on longer, involved more players, and involved a HC intentionally lying to and deceiving the NCAA. Plus the coverup.

And they have concrete evidence and proof of everything with the emails, bank statements, signed checks, etc....

They're not getting the death penalty but it's definitely going to be worse than what USC got.

Michigan is the biggest winner in all of this.
laugh.gif

^
Probably an agreement from jump.  Tressell probably agreed to let them bury him with the knowledge that a few weeks later they would "quietly" change it all back up.  I doubt he's lookin for work elsewhere, so he lets them soil his name, long as he gets the money on the backend to live his life. 

I'm laughing at it that it will probably work on the NCAA tho.  We all see thru that mess, but it still won't make the NCAA come down any harder on Ohio St.  They'll simply say, well they did fire their coach, and they did vacate wins, so here's a couple years probation and maybe lose a couple scholly's while we're here and call it good. 
30t6p3b.gif

I just wanna know if they will get LIC like SC did.  That's where SC fans are going to light up the airwaves if Ohio St don't catch that.  And they would have every right too. 
At this point, I'd be surprised if Ohio State gets USC-type sanctions.  Like you said...unless a new NOA is issued with a LOIC charge (because right now LOIC is not on the table), I don't see the sanctions being crippling.  Some schollies lost...a one-year bowl ban maybe but nothing too major.

See that's the thing, I'm pretty sure what Ohio St did was far worse than what SC did.  I don't want to start a riot in here, but SC was nailed for Bush and his stuff, I'm not even sure how that's considered a LOIC compared to "several" people being involved with Ohio St's issues.  To me, Ohio St falls under that more than SC did.  And Oregon is gonna be lookin at that as well depending on how their info unfolds.  (unless they pin it all to Chip and he takes the fall solely, which is possible) 

I would think Ohio St gets it worse than SC, just my opinion but they have more strikes against them than what USC did. 

See that's the thing, I'm pretty sure what Ohio St did was far worse than what SC did.  I don't want to start a riot in here, but SC was nailed for Bush and his stuff, I'm not even sure how that's considered a LOIC compared to "several" people being involved with Ohio St's issues.  To me, Ohio St falls under that more than SC did.  And Oregon is gonna be lookin at that as well depending on how their info unfolds.  (unless they pin it all to Chip and he takes the fall solely, which is possible) 

I would think Ohio St gets it worse than SC, just my opinion but they have more strikes against them than what USC did. 
I can't comment on the USC/Bush ordeal because I honestly didn't follow it.
The thing with Ohio State is the only thing that has been proven is that players traded memorabilia for tattoos and that Tressel lied to the NCAA.  The stuff about Pryor making all that money has never been proven and with him being gone...he's not going to talk.  The SI article was an absolute joke.  There isn't a single piece of information in that article that has been verified or could be used against Ohio State.  Everything on the cars checked out...I'm not even going to comment on players getting free golf. 
laugh.gif

So right now...Ohio State is trying to paint the picture that Tressel was the only problem in the program and this was not a widespread problem.  Well, Tressel's been ousted (or he retired 
laugh.gif
) and the players that sold their memorabilia are serving a 5-game suspension.

I'm not saying Ohio State is clean...obviously they're not.  But without another NOA bringing up some other charges...I just don't see how Ohio State gets hammered.

And another huge difference, had Ohio St not self reported those emails from Tressel's account none of this wouldve came out. It was leaked from someone after OSU sent it to the ncaa.
Im sure there was some kind of agreement for Tressel to go before the ncaa, take all accountability, and in return have the fine waived. They're doing this so they can paint the picture that no one else at the school knew.
Im a bit surprised they vacated the sugar bowl win seeing how the ncaa reinstated the players specifically for that game
laugh.gif
but Im pretty sure they did that to try and avoid a bowl ban this coming year.

WRs vs DBs at "The Opening". Tracey Howard, Herb Waters, Ricardo Louis, Deon Bush, etc.

Tracey Howard getting beat again
nerd.gif

Kyle Kalis bringing the family back up to Ann Arbor tomorrow is what the word is. Gotta sweet talk mommy.

I would be so excited if he commits. I was dreading seeing him lined up across from my Wolverines and running over them. He should be a very good LG down the road.

Originally Posted by November33rd

WRs vs DBs at "The Opening". Tracey Howard, Herb Waters, Ricardo Louis, Deon Bush, etc.

Tracey Howard getting beat again
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
u a nitpickin **% Ninja. thats "beat" ? 

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Kyle Kalis bringing the family back up to Ann Arbor tomorrow is what the word is. Gotta sweet talk mommy.

I would be so excited if he commits. I was dreading seeing him lined up across from my Wolverines and running over them. He should be a very good LG down the road.

since he really wanted to visit and convinced the coaches to come back to aa, it was a good sign
welcome to aa, kk
pimp.gif

All things considered, KK is probably the biggest commit from Ohio since C-Wood. 
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
What's good fellas?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom